Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2015, 16:57   #8821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I am planning to purchase Philips xtremevision +130 from powerbulbs as they have a decent deal now and comes to a little less than 2000₹ . I know they will be genuine and I hope I don't get hit with any duty on the package.
I guess my xcent will need the H4:http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ph...on-130-h4-twin
Old 1st March 2015, 18:22   #8822
Senior - BHPian

I just fitted Philips Extreme Vision H4, in my EON, which promise 100% more light, but I think its exaggerated. The real difference could be 5-10% incremental. Will be moving back to the original Osrams after these burn out.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 19:49   #8823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I just fitted Philips Extreme Vision H4, in my EON, which promise 100% more light, but I think its exaggerated. The real difference could be 5-10% incremental. Will be moving back to the original Osrams after these burn out.
Where did you buy them from and how much did they cost?
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:34   #8824
Senior - BHPian

From Dubai. In rupees, in the region of 1500. But not worth the trouble at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Where did you buy them from and how much did they cost?
Old 5th March 2015, 18:20   #8825
BHPian

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I have a query regarding my car's headlamps.

My car is a two month old Fluidic Verna. Ever since I got the car, I feel the headlamps on this car are completely inadequate. It just doesnt' have good throw nor is the beam strong enough. Driving it in the rain is just too uncomfortable. High beam makes no difference.

I find it quite difficult to drive in the highways, my old Astar's headlights were so much better and they were stock.

So, I was thinking of switching over to Phillips Diamond Vision 5000k H4 ??? Headlamps and fog lamps both.

Just need suggestions if this is a good idea ?? If so, where in Bengaluru can I get them done ??? I would need somebody reliable to do the job since I dont want to tamper with the car too much since it is under warranty.

Thanks,
Aniketh

Last edited by drhoneycake : 5th March 2015 at 18:22. Reason: Needed to add more details.
Old 5th March 2015, 18:26   #8826
BANNED

2drhoneycake; 5000K is definitely a no-no for fogs. Have you had a look at the Osram Fogvision which are 2600K (Yellow) and are available on eBay.
Old 5th March 2015, 20:14   #8827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
2drhoneycake; 5000K is definitely a no-no for fogs. Have you had a look at the Osram Fogvision which are 2600K (Yellow) and are available on eBay.
Thank you sir
How about the 5000K for headlamps ??? Are they going to be better than the stock ones ???

Also I'm looking at pure white headlamps/fog lamps ??? Suggestions if any.....

Thanks again
Old 5th March 2015, 22:42   #8828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Thank you sir
How about the 5000K for headlamps ??? Are they going to be better than the stock ones ???

Also I'm looking at pure white headlamps/fog lamps ??? Suggestions if any.....

Thanks again
Pure white will only serve as bling. If your drive is predominantly city then ok, else for highway white doesnt serve you well. In rains and fog they reflect back.
Old 6th March 2015, 23:57   #8829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post

My car is a two month old Fluidic Verna. Ever since I got the car, I feel the headlamps on this car are completely inadequate. It just doesnt' have good throw nor is the beam strong enough. Driving it in the rain is just too uncomfortable. High beam makes no difference
Hi. I am very surprised to hear this. My Fluidic Verna has such terrific headlights which can be controlled with the adjustment wheel / dial really well.

Of course, my car came with regular bulbs. I am guessing that your car came with projector lights. Even then, can they be so bad?
Old 7th March 2015, 00:34   #8830
BHPian

I'm considering HID H7 55w 4300k for low beam projectors in my XUV W8 and have a few queries.

The stock bulb specs are 55w and its H7. Should I be going for HID H7 35w or 55w? I want higher visibility.

Anybody heard about Brightstar HID? Someone quoted Rs. 6500 for Brightstar H7 55w 4300k with ballast.

Mahindra dealer exe as well as Mahindra service manager are insisting that electrical warranty might get void because of HID and balllast though quite a few people installed it without any warranty issue. What say?
Old 7th March 2015, 00:44   #8831
BHPian

Hi,

My Hyundai Xcent S(O) is six months old and runs on stock headlamps. I don't feel confident while driving it at nights, the throw of light is way too less at low beams and just does not feels right. Please suggest the maximum upgrade possible without having to fiddle too much with the wiring to keep the warranty intact.

Thanks,
Ashish
Old 7th March 2015, 09:44   #8832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
I'm considering HID H7 55w 4300k for low beam projectors in my XUV W8 and have a few queries.

The stock bulb specs are 55w and its H7. Should I be going for HID H7 35w or 55w? I want higher visibility.

Anybody heard about Brightstar HID? Someone quoted Rs. 6500 for Brightstar H7 55w 4300k with ballast.

Mahindra dealer exe as well as Mahindra service manager are insisting that electrical warranty might get void because of HID and balllast though quite a few people installed it without any warranty issue. What say?
Since M&M already warned you, it's always better to go with 35w HIDs. I had these in my swift that ran on projectors. It's more than enough. I would recommend Philips, Osram or P8 HIDs. That should come within that price range but expect Philips to be a bit more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi,

My Hyundai Xcent S(O) is six months old and runs on stock headlamps. I don't feel confident while driving it at nights, the throw of light is way too less at low beams and just does not feels right. Please suggest the maximum upgrade possible without having to fiddle too much with the wiring to keep the warranty intact.

Thanks,
Ashish
Since you do not want to fiddle with the wiring, I would suggest Philips Xtreme Vision which has the stock rating. You can expect some improvement when using this but do not expect output of 90/100w bulbs.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 10:41   #8833
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post

Mahindra dealer exe as well as Mahindra service manager are insisting that electrical warranty might get void because of HID and ballast
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Since M&M already warned you, it's always better to go with 35w HIDs. I had these in my swift that ran on projectors. It's more than enough. I would recommend Philips, Osram or P8 HIDs. That should come within that price range but expect Philips to be a bit more expensive.
Two things - Yes they may try and void the warranty. The only legit options are Osram Might Breaker Plus/Ultimate or the Philips equivalents with about 20% more light. These are drop in replacements with the same wattage.

Why not wait till the warranty is over. However, when you go the HID way 35W 4300K should be fine, but make sure you have good AC Ballasts. Hylux/Hyalutek is a good Chinese brand. The price you are mentioning appears to be too low.
Old 7th March 2015, 11:33   #8834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Since you do not want to fiddle with the wiring, I would suggest Philips Xtreme Vision which has the stock rating. You can expect some improvement when using this but do not expect output of 90/100w bulbs.
Hi,

Thank you for the information. Is there any possibility to upgrade the lights to above average without making compromise on the warranty part of the vehicle? I do not have much knowledge of how the warranty thing works .

Thanks again,
Ashish
Old 7th March 2015, 12:04   #8835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi,

Thank you for the information. Is there any possibility to upgrade the lights to above average without making compromise on the warranty part of the vehicle? I do not have much knowledge of how the warranty thing works .

Thanks again,
Ashish
If you go anything above the stock wattage or fiddle with the wires, then it will void the warranty. Stick with the stock wattage, go with Philips, Osram etc. Like I said, dont expect a vast improvement. Something like 20-25% can be expected. This is just a straight forward job - plug in the new bulbs and you are good to go.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks