Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 11:41   #8941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I was looking at a couple of options as below,
Morimoto is going to be imported and seem to be slightly costly option
If you're keen on buying Morimoto, you can contact avs tuning. These guys are the authorized distributors for TRS products in India and you get warranty for all your purchases too.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th April 2015 at 11:43.
Old 17th April 2015, 13:51   #8942
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
If you're keen on buying Morimoto, you can contact avs tuning. These guys are the authorized distributors for TRS products in India and you get warranty for all your purchases too.
Thank you Shashank,

I compared the price quotes from AVSTuning, I found Osram to be more competitive than Morimoto in terms of price.
Old 19th April 2015, 20:16   #8943
BHPian

Upgraded Duster's low beam to Philips Crystal vision. High beam and fog are still stock. Cystal vision is whitish (4300K) and provide slight improvement over OEM bulbs. Attaching pics
Low Beam:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-low-beam.jpg
Low+High
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lowhigh.jpg
Low+High+Fog
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lowhighfog.jpg
I am planning to upgrade high beam also to improve overall lighting. Is Osram Nighbreaker a good option? I couldn't find Philips Xtreme vision @ Kochi. What is the color temperature of Osram NB+?
Old 20th April 2015, 06:52   #8944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
I am planning to upgrade high beam also to improve overall lighting. Is Osram Nighbreaker a good option? I couldn't find Philips Xtreme vision @ Kochi. What is the color temperature of Osram NB+?
I am using NB+ and found it to be ok. Much better than stock ecosport headlights. You can find Philips headlights at Vee Vee auto spares at Mamangalam. Color temp of NB+ looks close to 5000k
Old 20th April 2015, 11:18   #8945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I am using NB+ and found it to be ok. Much better than stock ecosport headlights. You can find Philips headlights at Vee Vee auto spares at Mamangalam. Color temp of NB+ looks close to 5000k
thanks Naveen. what is the cost of NB+?

For Duster, I need to get h1 type (to be confirmed) for high beams.
Old 20th April 2015, 12:23   #8946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks Naveen. what is the cost of NB+?

For Duster, I need to get h1 type (to be confirmed) for high beams.
I got it for 2k. It's expensive when compared to philips.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 13:10   #8947
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I have 5000K HID in my projectors and NB+ in high beams. NB+ look pretty yellow when compared to 5000K HIDs. Doubt if they are over 4000K actually.

In fact, i just upgraded them to NB+ Unlimited, and even they are yellowish compared to 5000K HIDs

Rgds
Old 20th April 2015, 13:19   #8948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Hi,
I have 5000K HID in my projectors and NB+ in high beams. NB+ look pretty yellow when compared to 5000K HIDs. Doubt if they are over 4000K actually.

In fact, i just upgraded them to NB+ Unlimited, and even they are yellowish compared to 5000K HIDs

Rgds
It should be 4300k I guess and moreover HID's will look more whitish when compared to halogens.
Old 21st April 2015, 20:38   #8949
BHPian

Quote:
It should be 4300k I guess and moreover HID's will look more whitish when compared to halogens.
Naveen - how is the performance of NB+ in rains? Today I got a chance to drive home in moderate rain and the performance of Crystal vision (in low beams) is nothing much to talk about. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Duster's stock low beam during rain.

My Swift had far better lighting with 100/90 Philips rally bulbs. I never had to drive with high beams in Swift. In Duster, I have to frequently shift to high beam for better visibility.
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:51   #8950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Naveen - how is the performance of NB+ in rains?
Well, I havent tested it in heavy rains. But in moderate conditions, I couldnt see any improvement. So I guess, it isnt all that good in rains. Also, I had reported earlier that I am not satisfied with the low beam. Looks almost like stock but on the other hand, I did find high beam pretty ok. 90/100 is in a different league. Dont compare that with this
Old 22nd April 2015, 10:08   #8951
BANNED

Folks, when it is raining or is foggy then the colder the light the more is the loss. So even the NB+ is not as good as stock. Reallly, you may like to have 2700K, an using fogs is the best option. I have 3000K fogs, and are much better than the normal 3500K or so halogens. On hindsight I might have preferred 2700K fogs though.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:02   #8952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Folks, when it is raining or is foggy then the colder the light the more is the loss. So even the NB+ is not as good as stock. Reallly, you may like to have 2700K, an using fogs is the best option. I have 3000K fogs, and are much better than the normal 3500K or so halogens. On hindsight I might have preferred 2700K fogs though.
Here is an interesting article where the author tries to argue how a selective yellow light (2600K-2700K) might be a better choice,

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ght_color.html
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:31   #8953
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
Here is an interesting article where the author tries to argue how a selective yellow light (2600K-2700K) might be a better choice
You do not need an article, a longer wavelength (lower colour temp) is scattered far less. This is basic optics.
sgiitk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 13:03   #8954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You do not need an article, a longer wavelength (lower colour temp) is scattered far less. This is basic optics.
That's a common misconception. In order that light or other Electromagnetic radiation undergo Rayleigh scattering, the size of the particles needs to be smaller than the wavelength of the radiation. In other words, for fog to scatter light, the droplets of water suspended in fog need to be smaller than the wavelength of light. However, the size of the droplets of water in fog is far bigger than the wavelengths of visible light, hence no scattering. If fog did scatter the bluer spectrum of visible light, the fog would appear blue just like the sky but that is not what you observe. Fog reflects light of all colours equally, that's why it appears almost like a wall of white.
And that, is basic optics!

Now in order to understand how yellow light might help, you may want to read that article.
PreethamB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:31   #8955
Senior - BHPian

I have got my HIDs installed. This is Osram 4200K H7 35w bulbs. I wasn't expecting a huge difference in comparison with my previous setup (8000K bulb H7 35w, non-branded ballasts) though. A friend helped me fix the bulb this time. This is how the beams look like. I know the left beam is a bit higher and needs adjustment. Apart from that, I feel that beams are tilting bit leftward and also look different from what I had with my earlier setup. Need to fix that leftward tilt somehow.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-wp_20150419_23_16_50_pro.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks