Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:17   #9151
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
I am thinking of replacing my Honda City's bulbs. Any idea which ones are better. I need a better spread. Osram or Philips and which model ?
If your particular about warranty then stick to manufacturer specifications (60/55W) or else do get an upgrade.

Case 1:

Stock setup: Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W) - I vouch for this setup.

Case 2:

Upgrade:
Bulb: Philips Rally 100/90W
Wiring Harness: Hella/Minda/Philips. I went for Hella 130/100W wiring harness and used the same bulbs (100/90W) as mentioned above.

Look at my ownership thread(Blue Streak) for more details on the headlamp upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
You could go for stock wattage bulbs such as Philips Extreme Vision or ClearVision or Osram Nightbreakers. These come in the regular 55/60 wattage but claim to give more light output.
Old 2nd August 2015, 09:33   #9152
BHPian

Thanks honeybee and a4anurag. I want to retain stock wiring and hence go for plug n play 55w option. Confused between philips xtreme vision/crystal vision/ osram night breakers.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:07   #9153
Senior - BHPian

Both Philips and Osram are good brands. Go with what is easily available.
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:13   #9154
Senior - BHPian

I want to replace the OE Reverse Light Bulb of Elite i20 with that of LED since the RHS Bulb does not illuminate the road properly (read the surfaces on LHS of car) in darker areas. Experts please suggest a LED Bulb for above purpose.
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:17   #9155
BANNED

I got a set of LED bulbs, but there seems to be some thickness issues. Either I get the taillight or the stoplight!!
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:58   #9156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I got a set of LED bulbs, but there seems to be some thickness issues. Either I get the taillight or the stoplight!!
Hello Sir,

I too am facing the same issue when I tried changed the OEM bulbs to LED's. Look at the post in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3726376
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:05   #9157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello Sir,

I too am facing the same issue when I tried changed the OEM bulbs to LED's. Look at the post in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3726376
I made sure about the polarity (one pair has the wires more offset). What is happening is that while one thing works with the 'bulb' fully in the other works with the thing about 30% out! So both are functional, and it has to be a contact issue.

This happened with my Brio. Here they are nude bulbs, ie no metal base, just the wires coming out of the base, two on either side.

Last edited by sgiitk : 2nd August 2015 at 21:08.
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:42   #9158
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if I was not clear enough. But I am talking about White Light that glows when Reverse Gear is engaged (not the Taillights).
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:07   #9159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Sorry if I was not clear enough. But I am talking about White Light that glows when Reverse Gear is engaged (not the Taillights).
Hey,

Look at the link I posted above. It had LED replacement for Reverse lamps. Give it a thought.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:02   #9160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag
Look at the link I posted above. It had LED replacement for Reverse lamps. Give it a thought.
Thanks Anurag, I went through your thread of Replacement of OE Bulbs to LED Bulbs.

But the Reverse Bulb Placement in case of Elite i20 is ODD. The Bulb is placed Vertical unlike Horizontal in most cars. Hence the Bulbs you used might not solve my problem. I want the Bulbs which have their LEDs placed along the Stem of Bulb so that even if the Bulb is placed vertically, the LEDs on the Stem will illuminate the Road sufficiently.

EDIT: -
I have checked in our city but none of them had bulbs that have LEDs on their Stem- all bulbs had LEDs on the top (opposite of terminal).
If possible I want to buy the LED Bulb from a supplier located in India.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 3rd August 2015 at 23:05. Reason: As above.
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:37   #9161
BHPian

Hi, I had recently bought H7 65w Osram headlight from US. This bulb supposedly gives out more light say 2200 lumens that is nearly 600-700 lumens extra than stock.

My understanding is, since there is going to be lot of brightness, so the heat too, should I change the wiring harness? If yes, will there be a need to change the H1 (high beam) too?

Is the wiring harness always based on the car? Heard Philips, Hella, Bosch make heavy guage wiring kits includes relay as well, should I look out for Fiesta specific ones?

The high beam on Fiesta seem to be very average with stock bulbs, if we upgrade to 80 or 100w H1 bulbs, will there be a difference in the throw?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:43   #9162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post

The high beam on Fiesta seem to be very average with stock bulbs, if we upgrade to 80 or 100w H1 bulbs, will there be a difference in the throw?
Throw and pattern is decided by the reflector design mainly and partly by the bulb.

Brightness of the light will be spending on the wattage like 60/55W or 100/90W. If you find the OEM bulbs not worth, upgrade the bulbs to 100/90 with a better wiring harness.

Hella, Roots, Philips make such games that are plug and play with no tampering of OEM wiring. Yes they come with relay too.
Old 4th August 2015, 00:11   #9163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Throw and pattern is decided by the reflector design mainly and partly by the bulb.

Brightness of the light will be spending on the wattage like 60/55W or 100/90W. If you find the OEM bulbs not worth, upgrade the bulbs to 100/90 with a better wiring harness.

Hella, Roots, Philips make such games that are plug and play with no tampering of OEM wiring. Yes they come with relay too.
I know there are quite a few options when it comes to H4 bulb pattern. However, Fiesta comes with dual headlights ie. lower beam with H7 and higher beam with H1.

I got the message from your post. But my curiosity is, the wiring upgrade, will that be separate for H1 and H7?
Old 4th August 2015, 00:38   #9164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
I know there are quite a few options when it comes to H4 bulb pattern. However, Fiesta comes with dual headlights ie. lower beam with H7 and higher beam with H1.

I got the message from your post. But my curiosity is, the wiring upgrade, will that be separate for H1 and H7?
You get kits for Dual Barrel lamps too.

We successfully installed for the Linea that comes with Dual barrel Headlights & it will be one single kit.
Old 4th August 2015, 10:41   #9165
BHPian

Hello everyone !!

My 2014 Honda City had the following bulb configuration:
Low beam: Philips Xtreme Vision H11 (changed a year back)
High Beam: Osram Nightbreakers Unlimited HB3 9005 (changed about 8 months back)
Fog Lights: Philips Xtreme Vision H11 (changed recently about 2 months back)

Recently, one of the Philips Xtreme Vision H11 bulbs in the low beam went out.

Since most of the time I only drive with low beams on (except for long highway drives); I was thinking of upgrading the low beams to a HID kit (either of Philips or Osram make) around 4300K in the stock reflectors. (Vitamin M is a constraint for going to a projector setup)

I have seen a lot of Honda city 2014 and above with HIDs in the highbeams; hence I asked the question. (couldn't and haven't noticed the pattern of spread of light; but many forum members say its better than using halogens in the high beam reflectors)

My queries are:
1. Will the HIDs in the low beam reflector housing cause glare to oncoming traffic?
2. Will the light scatter and be of no use?
3. Is it road legal in India?

Most Viewed