Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 11:41   #9166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
1. Will the HIDs in the low beam reflector housing cause glare to oncoming traffic?
2. Will the light scatter and be of no use?
3. Is it road legal in India?
1. Yes. Can be a pain for you and for the others
2. Maybe, I'm yet to see how it looks from the cockpit of a City. But, generally, HIDs in a reflector meant for halogens won't give the best output
3. Not without projectors. In fact, going by the rulebook, anything you change beyond what the manufacturer provides as the specification, is illegal
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 12:58   #9167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
But my curiosity is, the wiring upgrade, will that be separate for H1 and H7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You get kits for Dual Barrel lamps too.
The wiring kits available for H1 H7 are terrible in the market. I had a roots H1 H7 wiring kit in my old car which kept on giving me problems including finnicky wires, melted fuses and burnt ceramic holders. Apart from roots, only local brand ones are available.

So this time I made my own

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_08462701.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_123148.jpg

I need to get bigger heatshrinks and insulate the clips but other than that its working perfectly fine, I only had to drill a tiny hole into the headlight to pass the wires and sealed it off using hot glue.

Quote:
My queries are:
1. Will the HIDs in the low beam reflector housing cause glare to oncoming traffic?
2. Will the light scatter and be of no use?
3. Is it road legal in India?
1. Yes

2. Probably yes

3. No
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:29   #9168
BHPian

I had ordered a pair of Philips Rally 100/90W H4 bulbs for my Swift from Ebay. Here is link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Original-Phil...item462838526f

Today I received the item and can see that they most likely have sent me what looks like fake Philips Rally bulbs. Points to note:

1. The box packing should say "RallyVision" and not "Rally" below "Rally 100/90W".

2. On the base flange of the bulb the word "use" is spelt "USe". Philips does not make such mistakes as far as I know.

3. One of the bulbs is completely out of alignment (appears turned along its axis which means that the low beam cut-off will be at an angle and not straight. Philips, I feel, is the kind of company that would enforce strict quality control even on their lower priced products.

Do you folks think this is fake or simply defective?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_124431.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_124448.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_124525.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150804_124543.jpg  

Old 4th August 2015, 15:12   #9169
BHPian

Here are two more photos indicating the alignment issue.

Just spoke to the seller also. He insists they are genuine and that he has a wholesale business in Kashmere Gate, Delhi by the name of CM Auto or something.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20150804wa0012.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20150804wa0013.jpg  

Old 4th August 2015, 15:50   #9170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The wiring kits available for H1 H7 are terrible in the market. I had a roots H1 H7 wiring kit in my old car which kept on giving me problems including finnicky wires, melted fuses and burnt ceramic holders. Apart from roots, only local brand ones are available.
Faced one particular issue with the Linea and that was with the Flimsy holders. They seldom held the bulb in place that we had to resort to some jugaad by carefully twisting the holder part on the bulb to fit it well.

Till I saw that in the Linea, I was under the impression that these are DIYed by the accessory shop folks and not easily available in the market.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:40   #9171
BHPian

Quote:
Recently, one of the Philips Xtreme Vision H11 bulbs in the low beam went out.

Since most of the time I only drive with low beams on (except for long highway drives); I was thinking of upgrading the low beams to a HID kit (either of Philips or Osram make) around 4300K in the stock reflectors. (Vitamin M is a constraint for going to a projector setup)
If Vitamin M was not a constraint, you could have gone for the Philips Ultinon H11 Xtremevision LED. Less hassle than a projector as it is plug and play. You can also easily switch between normal and LED bulbs according to your convenience. I had done the same on my TLC and the review is posted in the same thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3766411
Old 6th August 2015, 17:24   #9172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
1. Yes. Can be a pain for you and for the others
2. Maybe, I'm yet to see how it looks from the cockpit of a City. But, generally, HIDs in a reflector meant for halogens won't give the best output
3. Not without projectors. In fact, going by the rulebook, anything you change beyond what the manufacturer provides as the specification, is illegal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

1. Yes

2. Probably yes

3. No
Thank you both for the input. I was running Philips Xtreme Vision until one of them recently went out, and i was thinking of going for Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited or for an HID kit (since they usually last long).
One last question, between Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision which is a better bulb?
The new Philips Xtreme Vision 130 is not available for the H11.

Just for my personal knowledge, the higher wattage "RALLY" bulbs, how come they too cause too much glare? (I have been blinded numerous times by those, hence I wanted to get an idea of that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
If Vitamin M was not a constraint, you could have gone for the Philips Ultinon H11 Xtremevision LED. Less hassle than a projector as it is plug and play. You can also easily switch between normal and LED bulbs according to your convenience. I had done the same on my TLC and the review is posted in the same thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3766411
Thanks for your help. I had already gone though your post earlier, and I must add, the front end of your Toyota Land Cruiser looks amazing.
Actually, I wasn't looking for white light, I was looking for something around 4000K colour temperature. I did check out the LED Bulbs, I saw online that it costs somewhere around $200 (outside India) (~Rs.13000/-). For that price, one can get a HID kit with projectors (around Rs.16000/- in India for a good quality product excluding fitting charges)

On another note, I would like to ask some personal questions.
1. How much did you pay for the Philips Ultinon LED bulbs? (It's fine if you mention it in UAE Dirhams)
2. If I remember correctly, Fogs are pretty thick around December till February, would you be able to see anything in the thick fogs? (I was born and brought up in the UAE, during some drives with my dad; I remember seeing thick fogs though which you can only see the yellow line on the left of the overtaking lane and the visibility was so bad, you could only spot a vehicle within 50m distance)
Sorry if I seem very assertive.
Old 6th August 2015, 23:19   #9173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Here are two more photos indicating the alignment issue.

Just spoke to the seller also. He insists they are genuine and that he has a wholesale business in Kashmere Gate, Delhi by the name of CM Auto or something.
Doesnt look original to me. The rallys I have used have a better quality print on the neck of the bulb and the coating on the tip of the bulb is wearing out in yours. Such defects are never seen in the genuine Rally. Also, the box is different from what I usually get.

Finally, there is nothing called RallyVision. The correct product name is Essential Vision and under than you will have rally written.
Old 7th August 2015, 01:16   #9174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Doesnt look original to me. The rallys I have used have a better quality print on the neck of the bulb and the coating on the tip of the bulb is wearing out in yours. Such defects are never seen in the genuine Rally. Also, the box is different from what I usually get.

Finally, there is nothing called RallyVision. The correct product name is Essential Vision and under than you will have rally written.
Yeah, that's what I thought about the quality of the print and coating on the tip. Also, the pack says imported but not where it is imported from. In any case, one of the bulbs is completely unusable due to the bad alignment.

I have seen such boxes listed elsewhere but they have RallyVision written on them instead of Rally under the "Rally 100/90W" text. Also, I have seen EssentialVision listed as blue tinted 100/90W bulbs at twice the price of these. The current Rally used to be called EssentialVision a while back.

Will push for a return and try to get Osram Bilux 100/90W instead. If all else fails, I will get Hella Rally from a Hella reseller listed on their website.
Old 7th August 2015, 08:07   #9175
BANNED

Quote:
Will push for a return and try to get Osram Bilux 100/90W instead. If all else fails, I will get Hella Rally from a Hella reseller listed on their website.
Hey go for Philips Rally.

Go to your city accessory installer. They'll have stock of this as it is regularly used by many.

Don't go online for this.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:51   #9176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey go for Philips Rally.

Go to your city accessory installer. They'll have stock of this as it is regularly used by many.

Don't go online for this.
OK, I think there is an authorised Philips dealer in Kashmere Gate, Delhi. I think that is where I bought Philips Xtreme Vision from for my bikes a couple of years back. What do you think about the genuinity of the bulbs?
Old 7th August 2015, 10:54   #9177
BANNED

Quote:

OK, I think there is an authorised Philips dealer in Kashmere Gate, Delhi. I think that is where I bought Philips Xtreme Vision from for my bikes a couple of years back. What do you think about the genuinity of the bulbs?
Since it is 'Philips' that is, such errors are not expected at all.

I have checked my bulbs and they are normal even the fonts and alignment. Shall put up some pictures by afternoon.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:09   #9178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since it is 'Philips' that is, such errors are not expected at all.

I have checked my bulbs and they are normal even the fonts and alignment. Shall put up some pictures by afternoon.
Ah, thanks! In the meantime I will raise a dispute in ebay since the seller is now no longer returning my messages even though he is reading them on whatsapp.
Old 7th August 2015, 19:35   #9179
BHPian

I spoke to the seller again and he still claims they are genuine but is willing to offer a refund if I ship the bulbs back. I told him I will let him know tomorrow. It is almost certain I will return them to him. Would be great to see those pictures though, Anurag. Thanks again.
Old 7th August 2015, 20:11   #9180
BANNED

Quote:
I spoke to the seller again and he still claims they are genuine but is willing to offer a refund if I ship the bulbs back. I told him I will let him know tomorrow. It is almost certain I will return them to him. Would be great to see those pictures though, Anurag. Thanks again.
I have bought 4 bulbs in total and all of them are not aligned straight as seen in the picture you posted. I stand correct!

Here are the pictures of the bulb:

Packing of the Rally:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150807_194805tile.jpg

The Bulbs itself:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150807_195154.jpg

NOTE: I have Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W) - 1 pair; Osram Bilux (60/55W) - 1 pair and Jagan (OEM Maruti make - 60/55W) - 1 pair --- All these three bulbs too aren't straight. I mean there is a difference in angle just like the Rally bulbs as seen above and posted by you.

Seeing this, looks like it is normal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks