Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 20:47   #9466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
1) I have ExtremeVision+ on my Rapid for last 1 month. Its working for me. Upgraded from Extremevision as 1 bulb fused. Extremevision has been on my rapid for last 2 years.
How do the Phillips Extreme Vision Plus lamps perform during rainy nights? Is it better than the stock lamps?
Old 30th November 2015, 20:52   #9467
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
How do the Phillips Extreme Vision Plus lamps perform during rainy nights? Is it better than the stock lamps?
Any light with bluish tinge or in other words above 4300K temperature will tend to get absorbed in rains. During dry weather it will certainly help, but the wet conditions it may actually be worse than the stock lights.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 20:55   #9468
BHPian

Quote:
I havent faced any issue in rains yet. I have driven on single highways in rains at night, always found it better than stocks.
But experts suggest there might be better options available. So please go with those.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 23:39   #9469
BHPian

Quote:
As pointed out by members, a blueish light will actually be worse off than stock ones of a similar wattage in rainy conditions because it will just refract and diffract away. Important thing to note is the rainy bit. On every other occasion the Phillips will perform better than stock. So now it is actually upto you, do you encounter rainy nights frequently on your rides? If so and you feel that you need bulbs SPECIFICALLY for rains/rainy nights, then go for Phillips weather vision 100/90. It has an extremely yellow spread beam and cuts through the rain with ease( I have been using these for the past year now).
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 00:11   #9470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Any light with bluish tinge or in other words above 4300K temperature will tend to get absorbed in rains. During dry weather it will certainly help, but the wet conditions it may actually be worse than the stock lights.
Extreme vision bulbs do not have blue tint.
I am using them in High beam and fog lamps of my linea.
Performance is definitely better than stock.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 07:57   #9471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
If so and you feel that you need bulbs SPECIFICALLY for rains/rainy nights, then go for Phillips weather vision 100/90. It has an extremely yellow spread beam and cuts through the rain with ease( I have been using these for the past year now).
The only reason I'm upgrading is because of bad visibility during rains. Although it happens once or twice a year, that's the only time you really want them. Especially during highway runs. Can you post a picture of the Phillips weather vision in action during normal conditions?
Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:19   #9472

Thanks a lot ShaileshHinge and Parth46! I will get it done from a local accessories shop this once
Old 4th December 2015, 07:47   #9473
BHPian

People, attaching some pics of lighting with Philips Premium Vision 100/90W Bulbs. Also included are 4x100W H3 Hella Comet 500FF aux lamps (2xPhilips Rallye and 2xOsram Bilux), and 2x100W Hella Rallye bulbs on Fog Lamps.

Output: Exhilarating with a fantastic Cut-Off even with the High-Beam that keeps up its promise of never leaving you in the lurch even under extreme bad visibility conditions!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20151203wa0014.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20151203wa0015.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20151203wa0016.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20151203wa0012.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20151203wa0013.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20151203wa0017.jpg

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 4th December 2015 at 07:52.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:06   #9474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
People, attaching some pics of lighting with Philips Premium Vision 100/90W Bulbs. Also included are 4x100W H3 Hella Comet 500FF aux lamps (2xPhilips Rallye and 2xOsram Bilux), and 2x100W Hella Rallye bulbs on Fog Lamps.
The alternator must be working overtime for this set up.Have you kept a tab on the battery?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 4th December 2015 at 15:08.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:09   #9475
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup, the alternator will be put under heavy load. Check the max output of the alternator and upgrade if necessary. Else your battery will go for a toss and you will be stranded
Old 4th December 2015, 15:13   #9476
BHPian

Alternator and battery doing great. Moreover, I use all the lights at one time rarely. My headlights are more than enough for most times. Use one of the two pairs of aux lamps alternatively one pair at a time on highway night-drives only when required. Fog lamps only when situation demands. So no load. Further, I just returned from a 3-week long 7200 km trip over 11 states, and had to drive a lot in the nights with both pairs working simultaneously for long durations. Still, I'm doing just fine!!!

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 4th December 2015 at 15:17.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 09:10   #9477
Senior - BHPian

I installed the Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130% bulbs on my Rapid. These were replacing the earlier Philips Xtreme Vision-100% bulbs.
I have found that there is a noticeable difference in the light spread, distance and intensity from the 100% to 130%. I do not have before and after pictures to show, sorry.

Overall, I think it is worth installing, since it does not tamper with the electricals and is a stock fit. At 12XX (After cashback etc) I found it worth it, provided you are ok to compromise on the life.
Old 5th December 2015, 09:28   #9478
Distinguished - BHPian

If you have any kinds of non reflective garnishes inside your headlight, like plastic shrouds, or surfaces which are only their as fillers, just enclosed within the headlight unit, be very careful about going for 100 or greater wattage, or even HIDs. These will melt. Heck, even the reflectors will start shedding their reflective coatings with HIDs in older cars which were designed for halogens.
Faced in my cars.
Old 5th December 2015, 10:37   #9479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I have 3000K 55W HIDs in my Civic fogs, but am regretting not getting 2700K. 3000K is pale yellow, and in bad fog I will prefer a yellower tinge.
Old 5th December 2015, 16:10   #9480
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how much resistance would I require if I want to run a 10W led off of a car battery, through the parking light wiring?
(If that makes sense)

Last edited by mayankk : 5th December 2015 at 16:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks