Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 12:01   #9541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
3. Would going for HID's is right or should I go with LED's?
Something for you to ponder

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20151205_0904212001.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20151205_1504172001-copy.jpg

A video made when testing /aiming the light.

Old 28th December 2015, 12:24   #9542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Thanks sunnyboi. Did you get this done because of difficulty in setting up HID's? How much did this setup cost you? I would keep this as my last option if I am unable to replace the OEM lights.
Old 28th December 2015, 19:45   #9543
BHPian

How is the HID for a swift recommended and what specs
Old 29th December 2015, 16:38   #9544
BHPian

Anyone using Philips H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit 12003XM ?
It's available on Amazon for just under a 1000 bucks.

Currently using stock fog lamps (useless ) and Philips Xtreme vision H4s (quite decent). Planning to switch to 100/90W with Philips relay and H11 55W fogs instead of stock H8 35W.

Any valuable feedback/suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 29th December 2015, 17:43   #9545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Anyone using Philips H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit 12003XM ?
It's available on Amazon for just under a 1000 bucks.

Any valuable feedback/suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I'm using the Philips H4 Wiring Kit in my Amaze with Philips Rally 100/90 W bulbs and the lighting is superb although I remember buying the Wiring Kit for some 700 odd rupees from Opera House in Mumbai, around a year ago. Try asking around at auto parts store and you might get it cheaper.
noelnelly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 19:29   #9546
Senior - BHPian

After five years the left side bulb (Philips Rallye) low beam conks off. Went to my trusted electrical guy and replaced both the headlamps with Osram Bilux Rallye 100/90 bulb (Made in Germany ones).I guess 5 years was quite decent life for a light bulb considering the extensive night drives i had done.Yet to test how effective the bulbs are.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 29th December 2015 at 19:56.
Old 29th December 2015, 21:53   #9547
BHPian

Is it possible for me to upgrade my Santro Xing's fog lamps to 55W? What all would be necessary?
If not, can someone recommend a reliable brand of aux lamps, which are not too huge, yet VFM?
Old 30th December 2015, 09:36   #9548
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Is it possible for me to upgrade my Santro Xing's fog lamps to 55W? What all would be necessary?
If not, can someone recommend a reliable brand of aux lamps, which are not too huge, yet VFM?
Have you considered using HIDs. Even 35W 2700K will do. make sure you get a good ballast - AC, preferably Hyaluxtek. I replaced the Fogs in my Civic with 55W 3000K units and they are working like a dream.
Old 30th December 2015, 09:42   #9549
BHPian

Was browsing for fog lamps for my Punto and found they are now available in LED from Osram!

http://www.epitstop.in/DRL-s-and-LED...d-1998893.html

Unfortunately my punto active model doesn't come with fog lamp setup so buying these LED fog lamp bulbs won't help me!

Last edited by ant_vas : 30th December 2015 at 09:48. Reason: had posted the wrong link
Old 30th December 2015, 09:49   #9550
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Is it recommended to use HID's in a car without the projector setup? won't it be dangerous to the oncoming vehicles?

How about a simple halogen bulb like Philips Xtreme Vision Plus H4 which claim to give 130% more light? Found them on ePitstop.in:

http://www.epitstop.in/Upgrades/Phil...d-1917113.html
The fogs are designed for diffuse lighting, so blinding is not an issue. Yes, I am using Osram NB+ in my Brio, with good results, but then again the light is 'colder'. not so good for fogs. My son has HIDs in his City but in projectors!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2015 at 16:52. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 30th December 2015, 21:26   #9551
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1453912
Could you share the details of the light bar, like wattage, size and landed cost?

Thanks

Sridhar
Old 31st December 2015, 00:27   #9552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thanks sunnyboi. Did you get this done because of difficulty in setting up HID's? How much did this setup cost you? I would keep this as my last option if I am unable to replace the OEM lights.
I have 4 projectors with me to try a quad projector setup. SOmewhere down the line I lost interest and bought the Lightbar instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Could you share the details of the light bar, like wattage, size and landed cost?
Its a 210W 20inch lightbar. Cost me 120$ from aliexpress and it has Osram LEDs.

Anyways, I bought a pair of Xtremevision +130 bulbs from eBay at good discount. OXIGENDEC4 coupon gives 30% off with max discount of Rs 250. I ordered one bulb and asked a fellow BHPian to order the second bulb. So in total got 500rs off for the pair. Not bad. Let's see how these bulbs fare.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-130.jpg

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 31st December 2015 at 00:29.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 20:28   #9553
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for the dust caps from the headlight of the Vista / Manza. This would be the ones from the double-barrel headlamps ..

Appreciate any help in sourcing the same.
Old 8th January 2016, 21:03   #9554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have ordered these already for my Swift.

I expect the light to be near white but not white as it is 3400K.

Anurag, are you sure about those H11's? I don't think they would be plug and play. We are talking about over 40% extra current drain here. I wonder if the stock wiring can take the extra load reliably. Even I wanted to make the upgrade but don't want to make another relay harness. It took me an hour to remove the headlight harness, horns mounted behind the radiator grill and associated wiring before getting my car's 2nd service done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
But still, I was disappointed with the light quality. The Osrams are nowhere close to the Rallys(german made) on my SX4.

The WagonR earlier had Philips 60/55(german) made and this 100/90 from Osram gave very minimal improvement.
Are the Osrams that inferior? The Philips Rally that I had bought were not German made and had started to fog up on the inside with minimal use as had the stock Indian made Osram bulbs. The Osram Rallye are pretty good but I haven't seen German/Polish made 100/90W Philips bulbs' performance yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
you could also try the 100/90 W Philips Premium Vision. They are awesome...

Do you have a link to where these could be bought from? Am curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
replaced both the headlamps with Osram Bilux Rallye 100/90 bulb (Made in Germany ones)...Yet to test how effective the bulbs are.

Have you had the chance to test the bulbs yet? How did you find the performance?

Quote:
Its a 210W 20inch lightbar. Cost me 120$ from aliexpress and it has Osram LEDs.
Do you have a link to the item or the seller? How is this seller? Am interested in smaller light bars/pods.
Old 9th January 2016, 19:07   #9555
BHPian

CIAZ: HID Xenon Upgrade in Mumbai

After researching for ages, I'm happy to report that my newest car, our Maruti Ciaz ZDI+ has received its first non-OEM upgrade. Say hello to the RSR 4300K (also available in 6000K) HID kit, courtesy Rishi from Sainath Ultimate, Khar. Pics attached!

The MRP is 9K but was able to get it for Rs 6K with a 1 year (If he doesn't honor the price, I'd reference TeamBHP). The guy is extremely knowledgable about L.E.D's and has parts imported from all over the place. (The bulb in the picture, an OSRAM, was important from Germany and costs Rs. 2000/- a set. Ouch!)

On a side note, I also purchased a set of Philips LED driving headlights for my Yeti (HID's won't work on the car). Amazing stuff though not quite as powerful as a HID Xenon upgrade despite being twice the price!
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_9130.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_9131.jpg  

Last edited by Screwdriva : 9th January 2016 at 19:10.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks