Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 02:03   #9571
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Just wanted to put this here for people, who are looking to upgrade their OEM halogen bulbs. I got these Philips White Vision bulbs, for my Volkswagen Vento. Picture attached below, credit e-lunar.pl.

These are regular 60/55 W H4 bulbs, but the color temperature is 4300k. I had them imported from Europe, since they are not the same as Crystal Vision or White Vision bulbs available in India. They cost me about Rs. 2200, including shipping and handling.

The blue coating is very subtle on these bulbs, as opposed to Crystal Vision or White Vision bulbs available here. The low beam is really good, while the high beam performance could have been better. Flash-to-pass is great. The bulbs seem fine in fog too, in the the little amount of fog there has been this year here, at least.

I should also mention that I did the 25-feet away headlight alignment myself, which resulted in good performance I wrote about. I just wish they had the professional headlight alignment equipment around here.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-32128867247f6349a20961293d009519.jpg  

halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 11:30   #9572
BHPian

Re: CIAZ: HID Xenon Upgrade in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

I do not think the HID ballasts are AC, so best of luck. 90% of HID failures are due to ballasts. It is good you have opted for 4300K and not been tempted by 6000K or even 8000/10,000K.
I checked with Rishi @ Sainath to confirm - These are AC ballasts, not the inferior DC type. For the 6K price, I don't know of a better kit that offers this + a 1 year warranty, which is why I went for it.
Old 15th January 2016, 12:03   #9573
BANNED

Re: CIAZ: HID Xenon Upgrade in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I checked with Rishi @ Sainath to confirm - These are AC ballasts, not the inferior DC type. For the 6K price, I don't know of a better kit that offers this + a 1 year warranty, which is why I went for it.
Then good. I also hope they are properly sealed, potted and have anchored leads. Best of luck once again, do keep us posted.
Old 15th January 2016, 12:10   #9574
BHPian

I can confirm that they are very well built & sealed. In fact, Rishi confirmed that the waterproofing gel used is specifically meant to withstand Indian conditions, before I made the purchase.

You appear to be more well versed than I am about the potential problem areas with HIDs. I'm quite happy with the guy and the kit. Thanks for the inputs!
Old 15th January 2016, 16:04   #9575
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
You appear to be more well versed than I am about the potential problem areas with HIDs. I'm quite happy with the guy and the kit. Thanks for the inputs!
I did some reserach before I bought mine. Just take a look at

and you will be surpried. Also, at one time Xentec was all the rage

and the reality.
Old 19th January 2016, 13:11   #9576
Senior - BHPian

I'm facing a peculiar problem with the low beam of my prev-gen Swift diesel. At times the left side low beam would stop working. High beam works fine just the left side low beam wouldn't work.

At times when it stops working I take the car over potholes a little roughly and it starts working again, not instantly though. Same thing if I use the beam-leveller, once I play around with it the light comes back on after a while.

A mechanic near my office had taken out the light thinking it might be a faulty bulb but Swift uses just one bulb for both low and high beam so I wasn't sure if bulb was a problem to begin with. He connected it to a battery and of course it lit up. He gave up saying take it to the guy who installed the relay along with the 100/90 rally setup that I have in the car.

A loose connection might have sorted when the guy took out the bulb and put it back in but since it occurred again I'm not sure what the issue is. Now its working fine for the past 3-4 days and I'm assuming its going to die on me within a week or two again. Any idea as to what's happening guys?
Old 19th January 2016, 13:33   #9577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
A loose connection might have sorted when the guy took out the bulb and put it back in but since it occurred again I'm not sure what the issue is. Now its working fine for the past 3-4 days and I'm assuming its going to die on me within a week or two again. Any idea as to what's happening guys?
Though the buld is one it has 2 points. But if bulb goes bad it goes bad permanently. So I will rule that out.

Check the headlight Fuse. it might be lose.
Check the wiring. might be lose somewhere.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 10:27   #9578
Senior - BHPian

Need a quick help on choosing between Philips H7 or Osram H7 or P8 H7 HID kit.

P8 HID kit is of 55w whereas Philips & Osram are of 35W. I would like to get the 4300K bulbs and see that Philips do not provide the same. Can anybody help me if there is 4300K version in Philips?

And If i opt for 6000K, would it affect the visibility during rains/foggy conditions?
Old 20th January 2016, 11:31   #9579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing a peculiar problem with the low beam of my prev-gen Swift diesel. At times the left side low beam would stop working. High beam works fine just the left side low beam wouldn't work.

At times when it stops working I take the car over potholes a little roughly and it starts working again, not instantly though. Same thing if I use the beam-leveller, once I play around with it the light comes back on after a while.

A mechanic near my office had taken out the light thinking it might be a faulty bulb but Swift uses just one bulb for both low and high beam so I wasn't sure if bulb was a problem to begin with. He connected it to a battery and of course it lit up. He gave up saying take it to the guy who installed the relay along with the 100/90 rally setup that I have in the car.

Since you have installed the 100/90 bulb, I will assume you have installed the relay too. Check the Fuse and the fuse holder in the wiring harness, they mite be loose. Get the overall wiring checked by the installer.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 15:58   #9580
BHPian

HI fusionbang, have seen Osram HID kits being the preferred one. Philips seems to be difficult to procure. I see you have XUV500 and recently a person i know got the osram HID kits from epitstop.in http://www.epitstop.in/Conversion-Ki...id-117920.html

He preferred to go with 4200k as it was closer to sun light than the 6000L which is more towards bluish white light
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 18:40   #9581
XD2
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if you have already tried this : have you tried replacing the bulb. I had the same issue with one of my bulbs, and the filament for the low beam was giving up. A jolt would push it together, then another would disconnect it.
XD2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 18:48   #9582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD2 View Post
Not sure if you have already tried this : have you tried replacing the bulb. I had the same issue with one of my bulbs, and the filament for the low beam was giving up. A jolt would push it together, then another would disconnect it.
Had a similar issue during a long trip. Realised the fuse housing of the relay wasnt in the best of conditions due to a higher rated fuse mistakenly installed. Check that, and it may solve your issue.
Warm Regards
Unavowed_X9
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 11:19   #9583
BHPian

Bhpians, What is the best place online to buy a set of original Philips H7 Crystal/Diamond Vision bulbs?

I am inclined towards crystal vision as they are slightly warmer than diamond vision (better visibility) and come with free w5w bulbs, so the color of parking lights will also match. Please advice.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:32   #9584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Bhpians, What is the best place online to buy a set of original Philips H7 Crystal/Diamond Vision bulbs?
Based on the prior experiences I would suggest powerbulbs.com, which is reliable in terms of the quality of the bulbs being sourced. Also you will have a minimum of 20% OFF every time.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 11:49   #9585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post

I am inclined towards crystal vision as they are slightly warmer than diamond vision (better visibility) and come with free w5w bulbs, so the color of parking lights will also match. Please advice.
Crystal vision is available on PayTM for 773 after cashback

https://paytm.com/shop/p/philips-crystal-vision-h4-4300k-headlight-bulb-1-set-AUTPHILIPS-CRYSARPI19829710E00099

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks