Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 11:56   #9586
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Based on the prior experiences I would suggest powerbulbs.com, which is reliable in terms of the quality of the bulbs being sourced. Also you will have a minimum of 20% OFF every time.
Thanks mate. The bulbs from powerbulbs after discount are costing about 3000/- which is a bit steep. I am looking to pay about 1500/- which I feel is justified for original bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Crystal vision is available on PayTM for 773 after cashback

https://paytm.com/shop/p/philips-cry...19829710E00099
Thanks. Already explored this option, unfortunately these are H4 and I need H7.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:03   #9587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post

Thanks. Already explored this option, unfortunately these are H4 and I need H7.
Oops, my bad. They're available on Amazon for Rs 1175

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00NAZINSS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 07:08   #9588
Distinguished - BHPian

Need some expert opinion and help - See this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3897055

It looks like the P8 HID kit we have fitted (myself and @fusionbang) in our XUVs via EVO Bangalore are having this peculiar problem of shadows/ lines in beam. Anyone here has used P8 HID kits on the old gen or new gen XUVs? Do you see similar issue? Anything wrong with the setup/ headlights or bulbs or the kit itself is fault? Or P8 will not work with XUVs?

Any pointers on this to sort out would be of great help.

Cross posting image links for quick reference -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-sunaybeam.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...nce-mybeam.jpg
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:51   #9589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Need some expert opinion and help - See this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3897055

It looks like the P8 HID kit we have fitted (myself and @fusionbang) in our XUVs via EVO Bangalore are having this peculiar problem of shadows/ lines in beam. Anyone here has used P8 HID kits on the old gen or new gen XUVs? Do you see similar issue? Anything wrong with the setup/ headlights or bulbs or the kit itself is fault? Or P8 will not work with XUVs?

Any pointers on this to sort out would be of great help.

Cross posting image links for quick reference -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-sunaybeam.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...nce-mybeam.jpg
Hi Abirnale,

Thanks for this post, I was almost going to get P8 Fixed on my 2012 XUV5OO, and had zeroed in on P8 4300K through a wholesale seller here in Cochin.

Very curious to learn the outcome of this discussion as that would influence my buy.

Sorry that I am not an expert here.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:29   #9590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Oops, my bad. They're available on Amazon for Rs 1175

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00NAZINSS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3
Hi SunnyBoi, Thanks for the link. Just got my bulbs delivered, they look good and legit. Installed pics before/after to follow soon.
This is exactly what I wanted for a decent price. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160129_122008.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160129_121959.jpg  

Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 11:16   #9591
BANNED

Is having a bright white headlight against the law ?

IIRC, Central Motor Vehicle rule forbids it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by mithun : 6th February 2016 at 11:17.
Old 6th February 2016, 11:26   #9592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is having a bright white headlight against the law ?

IIRC, Central Motor Vehicle rule forbids it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
CMVR goes against modifying any part of the vehicle. Changing headlight bulbs to those of a different type and/or wattage and/or colour temperature is illegal.

Legality apart, the "bright white light" from LEDs (usually upwards of 5000K) and 'whiter bulbs' that go beyond 6000K does little to improve visibility. 4300K is more like daylight and that's what our eyes are better responsive to, compared to higher colour temperatures. The higher the colour temperature, the greater the shift towards blue from yellow. And they tend to get scattered more in foggy conditions, causing more glare than improving visibility.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 22:04   #9593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Thanks for this post, I was almost going to get P8 Fixed on my 2012 XUV5OO, and had zeroed in on P8 4300K through a wholesale seller here in Cochin.
Based on the email response you received from P8, it is quiet clear that we can't use it in our XUVs. Period. Go for Osram or Morimoto. I know a few people who have this kit in their cars. They still have shadows, but very smaller one - almost negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The outcome of this discussion is - P8 wont work for XUVs. Go with Morimoto, Philips or Osram. I have reverted to stock though!
Old 6th February 2016, 22:05   #9594

Hey Guys,

I am planning to change the headlamps and the fog lamps in my Volkswagen Vento (2012 model). I do not want to change the whole setup to a projector nor do i want to put while lights in them. So if i have to change the existing halogen bulb with a more powerful one with out adding a ballast, what are my options?

It would be great if you could suggest both Headlamp and Fog Lamp in the 60/55w specification.
Old 7th February 2016, 00:48   #9595
BHPian

I have old gen i20. I have H27 bulb in my fog lamps and i want to get a white bulb. Can you guys help me find it.
Old 7th February 2016, 16:10   #9596
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesemylife View Post
Hey Guys,

I am planning to change the headlamps and the fog lamps in my Volkswagen Vento (2012 model). I do not want to change the whole setup to a projector nor do i want to put while lights in them. So if i have to change the existing halogen bulb with a more powerful one with out adding a ballast, what are my options?

It would be great if you could suggest both Headlamp and Fog Lamp in the 60/55w specification.
Replace the bulb with an NB+, NB Ultimate or the Phillips equivalent. No other changes will be required.
Old 7th February 2016, 18:16   #9597
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I have a similiar query. I updated my stock headlamps to Philips white vision. But,now I am not completely satisfied with illumination especially during night highway drives. I enquired about changing wattage in mahindra first choice to which they replied the wiring can be tapped direct from battery. From reading our forums,I know there's nothing deleterious to warranty if we use plug and play relay,ceramic cut out and install high power bulbs as there is no fiddling with stock wiring. Are these two the same? I mean,does installing have via plug & play relay means direct tapping from battery? Is warranty void since we are fiddling with battery?
Old 7th February 2016, 18:50   #9598

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Replace the bulb with an NB+, NB Ultimate or the Phillips equivalent. No other changes will be required.
Hi sgiitk!

Thanks for the info. After reading thouroughly through the threads in Team-BHP and the customer reviews, i have zeroed down on the following bulbs,

Headlamps : Phillips Xtreme Vision H4 Headlight Bulb
Fog Lamps : Philips HB4 9006 X-treme Vision headlight bulb

Please let me know if these would be good enough for the vento.
Old 7th February 2016, 19:55   #9599
Senior - BHPian

I used these philips Crystalvision bulb in my Beat for 6 months, and they were the worst 6 months of night driving ever. Nothing much but a show, night travels were really stressful while using these bulbs. They are just like HIDs without the power, so it is mainly faint white light which illuminates almost nothing.

After suffering for 6 months, I finally bought plain regular Philips bulbs costing Rs.110 each, and now Beat is lightening up the night! The regular yellow bulb's performance is far higher that the white light. I wouldn't recommend these white light bulbs to anyone, unless it is 110W or HID. I wasted my 1000Rs, hope no one else does!
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 00:00   #9600
BHPian

I have a basic question about the double barrel and Bi-Xenon headlights. In these, when the high beam is turned on, the low beams cannot be turned off. This reduces the effectiveness of the high beams a lot. Especially since the low beams illuminate the road right in front of the car, they are brighter than the high beams, hence our eyes become less sensitive to the high beams. I am curious to know why it is designed this way. Why can't the low beams turned off when the high beams are on?

In all the cars that have a single bulb for both high and low beams, the low beams are off when the high beams are on (unless one is flashing). I found this more suitable for highway driving. One can always turn on the fogs (when using high beams), if the area right in front of the car needs to be lit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks