Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 17:37   #9706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello Team,
I am planning to install projector headlights and DRL in my SX4. I do not have much knowledge on projectors. I have contacted few dealers and yet to decide.
1.Xenon planet : FXR V3 projectors along with kit and installation costs 24k (DRL costs extra which is around 8k)
2.Projector headlights.in bangalore : Projectors with angel eyes and installation-25 k
3.VM customs Mangalore - AES projector with surrounding ring, DRL and installation - 22k

All 3 dealers provide warranty for their job. VM customs is way cheaper and it is 22 k along with DRL. It would cost only 14k for projectors along with installation.
Old 17th March 2016, 17:42   #9707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello Team,
I am planning to install projector headlights and DRL in my SX4. I do not have much knowledge on projectors. I have contacted few dealers and yet to decide.
1.Xenon planet : FXR V3 projectors along with kit and installation costs 24k (DRL costs extra which is around 8k)
2.Projector headlights.in bangalore : Projectors with angel eyes and installation-25 k
3.VM customs Mangalore - AES projector with surrounding ring, DRL and installation - 22k

All 3 dealers provide warranty for their job. VM customs is way cheaper and it is 22 k along with DRL. It would cost only 14k for projectors along with installation.

XenonPlanet.in quoted 13k included installation in bangalore for a Mini H1 6.0 projector + CNLight 35W HID setup. If you're interested, we can bargain together for a better quote. This doesn't include any angel eye / DRL though.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 17:53   #9708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
XenonPlanet.in quoted 13k included installation in bangalore for a Mini H1 6.0 projector + CNLight 35W HID setup. If you're interested, we can bargain together for a better quote. This doesn't include any angel eye / DRL though.
Mini H1 6.0 costs 5300 per pair while FXR V3 costs 9k. I have read many positive reviews about xenon planet and they sell genuine products. I am based out in mangalore. Though I travel to bangalore frequently, I am more inclined towards the local dealer here who is offering projectors, DRL along with installation and warranty for just 22k. I am concerned about AES brand and quality of work. Since they offer warranty, I am bit releived.
Old 17th March 2016, 17:57   #9709
BHPian

Quote:
Mini H1 6.0 costs 5300 per pair while FXR V3 costs 9k. I have read many positive reviews about xenon planet and they sell genuine products. I am based out in mangalore. Though I travel to bangalore frequently, I am more inclined towards the local dealer here who is offering projectors, DRL along with installation and warranty for just 22k. I am concerned about AES brand and quality of work. Since they offer warranty, I am bit releived.
I think the AES kit might be very overpriced. Unless you can confirm that the components in the kit are of a very good quality, you might as well buy this kit from paytm for <8k and get it installed for 3k.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/delhi-trade...pincode=560045

Note that I would not recommend a no-brand HID set up like the one in the link above.
Old 17th March 2016, 18:07   #9710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I think the AES kit might be very overpriced. Unless you can confirm that the components in the kit are of a very good quality, you might as well buy this kit from paytm for <8k and get it installed for 3k.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/delhi-trade...pincode=560045

Note that I would not recommend a no-brand HID set up like the one in the link above.
Yes,I agree. If I order it online and install, it would cost around 11k. But I am concerned about warranty. VM customs has quoted AES projector with dual angel eyes and installation for 14k
Single angel eye 13.5k
Without angel eye 13k

Do you have any idea about AES projectors performance?
Old 17th March 2016, 20:59   #9711
BHPian

Re: HID for XUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
What month and year manufactured is your car? Please look into this thread for more details and please take a wise decision before going ahead.

Nov-2012 W8. If not HID I wonder what other lighting options are there to improve night time visibility
Old 17th March 2016, 21:14   #9712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Nov-2012 W8. If not HID I wonder what other lighting options are there to improve night time visibility
I think you can go ahead with HID and it should not be a problem on your car. If you want to check once, you can try a P8 HID kit which is available with a bhpian abirnale(Avinash) and if everything works fine you can buy from him only. Its brand new and been used for 3 days only. Let me know if you like this option.
Old 18th March 2016, 22:44   #9713
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello team,
I got AES projector,single angel eye and DRL installed for my SX4 from VM customs Mangalore with 1 year warranty. I do not know much about projectors. I am happy with output and warranty gave me peace of mind. It costed 22k.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160318_223121.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 13:54   #9714
BHPian

Quote:
Hello team,
I got AES projector,single angel eye and DRL installed for my SX4 from VM customs Mangalore with 1 year warranty. I do not know much about projectors. I am happy with output and warranty gave me peace of mind. It costed 22k.

Can you post pictures of the light beam. hi and low. Also is turn signal incorporated in the DRL
Old 19th March 2016, 23:49   #9715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Can you post pictures of the light beam. hi and low. Also is turn signal incorporated in the DRL
Yes, Turn indicators are integrated into DRL. I have connected DRL to parking light switch instead of ignition. Headlight alignment is not that perfect, need to fix it.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1458411525732.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1458411538231.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 13:52   #9716
BHPian

I am looking to change the stock bulbs of my Creta. I tried at autozone, koramangala (Bangalore) looks like they didn't have any OSRAM's which can replace the one's on Creta. (looks like pin is different)

Any pointers on which OSRAM/Philips can be used for Creta?

Thanks!
Old 21st March 2016, 18:59   #9717

Has anyone here have used Bosch H7 Plus 90 series of bulbs? Are they better than Philips extreme vision in terms of life, beam spread and pattern etc? Need a first hand account if possible !!!

Thanks in Advance
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:02   #9718
Senior - BHPian

Projector Headlights : Can HIDs be installed in a halogen set-up?

Hi everyone,

Had this question lingering in my mind for a long time especially since cars have now begun to come with projector head lights as standard equipment. However, except for the higher end cars, most sub Rs. 10-15 lakh cars that come with projector head lights have halogen bulbs and not HIDs.

Is it possible (or is it recommended) to replace these halogen bulbs to HIDs in the same set up? I have seen a couple of cars like the Ciaz and Verna whose owners have done this but I did not find the end result to be the same or as rich as that of cars that come with projectors and HIDs as standard equipment. Is it because they may have used cheaper (Chinese branded) bulbs or are these projectors of lower quality or is it because these projectors are halogen bulb specific?

Do projectors come with halogen specific or HID specific rating or are they all the same regardless of the bulb?
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:16   #9719
BANNED

@Epic; I will give an axiomatic reply. Yes, and No. Yes, you can replace the bulb with an HID without blinding the traffic opposite. No since the spread will not be optimal. I for one will be tempted to do it.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:41   #9720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Epic; I will give an axiomatic reply. Yes, and No. Yes, you can replace the bulb with an HID without blinding the traffic opposite. No since the spread will not be optimal. I for one will be tempted to do it.
So your axiomatic reply means that even projectors are halogen bulb specific or HID bulb specific. I hope I have understood correctly.

If so, what then makes a halogen specific projector different from a HID specific projector? Is it simply the reflectors or is there more to it? How would one know the difference?

Last edited by Epic : 22nd March 2016 at 19:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks