Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 23:17   #9871
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello all - I am looking to upgrade my skoda rapid headlamps from my existing 100/90 Philips rally bulbs. Issue is skoda rapid reflectors just suck, I guess. Even with rally bulbs it seems I am driving with hurricane lanterns on the highway. Totally useless since the throw is too far and spread too thin in low beam. In high beam, it lights up the sky. In either case, the light never lights up the road. I was thinking on upgrading to 130/100 rally bulbs but dropped the idea. I feel something is really really wrong with skoda rapid headlight positioning itself, am not fully blaming the rally bulbs. Looking forward to HID with projectors. Reading through this thread, looks like two options are coming up broadly - Xenon planet and morimoto. From xenon planet site, here is what I could source:
FXR 3.0 one pair
Cnlight slim 35w ballast pair
D2s can light bulbs pair
E46 r shrouds pair

The other option is should I go with a pair of plug and play d2r bulbs??

Or any other options? Budget is around 20k and first option is plug and play bulbs. Please suggest.

As a side note, may I ask my skoda rapid owner friends here on how their experience with rally bulbs has been, or is it just me. Thank you!

Last edited by andescondor : 19th May 2016 at 23:26.
Old 20th May 2016, 00:58   #9872
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
I have a question. I want to upgrade my stock bulbs on my S-Cross with Philips Ultinon H4 LED lamps. 6200k. Says 150% brighter. Firstly, is it worth 12k for the two bulbs. Secondly, is it a direct replacement or would I have to mess with my wiring? The car is on a 4 year warranty and I am not too keen on voiding it. Any answers on this topic would be highly appreciated.

I would advice to stay away from 6200k lights. Its off no use in rain and it will be equivalent to driving in dark when it rains or after. Just check the video below and save 12k IMHO Imagine Indian road conditions in rain.

Last edited by sid93 : 20th May 2016 at 01:00.
sid93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 11:06   #9873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Hello all - I am looking to upgrade my skoda rapid headlamps from my existing 100/90 Philips rally bulbs.
The other option is should I go with a pair of plug and play d2r bulbs??

Or any other options? Budget is around 20k and first option is plug and play bulbs. Please suggest.

As a side note, may I ask my skoda rapid owner friends here on how their experience with rally bulbs has been, or is it just me. Thank you!
Skoda Rapid comes with a factory fitted projector setup in the new models; have you checked the option of replacing your old headlight assembly with a new OEM one with projectors. It should be the best option for you, however, if the cost differential is high then go for after market fitments.
Old 20th May 2016, 11:47   #9874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
One of my headlamp bulb (Hella H4 100/90 Rally Extra Bright) has stopped working, so have decided to replace both bulbs.
You can also try Osram Bilux super rallye or the Bilux all season super, though the latter has a slight yellow tinge. Have used both, the former on my old swift and latter in my dad's Alto K10. I had been using Phillips rallye 100/90 on my swift for 5 years before one of the bulbs blew OFF. I found the Osrams much better with excellent high beam performance.
PS- the Osrams were made in Germany ones.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 20th May 2016 at 11:52.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 13:07   #9875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Skoda Rapid comes with a factory fitted projector setup in the new models; have you checked the option of replacing your old headlight assembly with a new OEM one with projectors. It should be the best option for you, however, if the cost differential is high then go for after market fitments.
Thank you, Sommos. I will call Vinayak Skoda in BLR and check with them.
Old 20th May 2016, 14:08   #9876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
I would advice to stay away from 6200k lights. Its off no use in rain and it will be equivalent to driving in dark when it rains or after. Just check the video below and save 12k IMHO Imagine Indian road conditions in rain.

https://Youtu.be/GM7Lk4YMeKo
So what do you recommend. I don't want to mess with the wiring and would prefer a direct fitment. Would Osram Nightbreakers be a better option? for the foglamps, I am planning to get led bulbs. I am not too sure what I should use for the parking lights (The other set of lights in addition to the headlamps)
Old 20th May 2016, 20:48   #9877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
So what do you recommend. I don't want to mess with the wiring and would prefer a direct fitment. Would Osram Nightbreakers be a better option? for the foglamps, I am planning to get led bulbs. I am not too sure what I should use for the parking lights (The other set of lights in addition to the headlamps)

Osram night breakers or xtreme vision will give 30% better light. But there is no other option since you prefer direct fitment. I don't know about parking lights, owners might help.
sid93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 12:05   #9878
BHPian

So i bought the Osram Nightbreakers Unlimited H4 60/55W for my K10. Very satisfied with them, a huge upgrade over the stock. High beams are white light wheras the low is not. Visibility is great.

For the parking lights, i went for Osram LED 2880CW-02B Parking Lamp (12V, 1W) 6000K. These are just for aesthetics

Got both of them from Amazon. Better prices than snapdeal and flipkart

Thanks everyone for your inputs and suggestions
Old 22nd May 2016, 14:10   #9879
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, Sommos. I will call Vinayak Skoda in BLR and check with them.
All, I already have philips 90/100 rally bulbs. Instead of going for projectors, can I go for a different halogen reflector itself that kind of "straightens" out the beam - for the lack of a better word. Or, are there any after market contraptions that I can use to kind of focus the beam. Please suggest if this is feasible. Projectors need to wait as I need to accumulate some budget for the same.
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:43   #9880
BHPian

Also, has any of our members retrofitted a double barrel projector onto a skoda rapid 2012 model headlight housing? Reason I ask is I can go with projector lamp in low beam and halogen in the high beam. Is this advisable? If I need to do this should I get the OEM projector housing installed first, or a hid vendor like xenonplanet can do the same?
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:55   #9881
Senior - BHPian

Bulb Error on Skoda Yeti

Hi everyone,

I just got the headlight & fog light bulbs changed on my Skoda Yeti and it shows an error on the MID.

Bulbs are Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55W and a stock replacement to the Osrams that came from the company. As it is a simple swap with out any modification, why is the error still showing?

What is the solution to this?
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:58   #9882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, has any of our members retrofitted a double barrel projector onto a skoda rapid 2012 model headlight housing? Reason I ask is I can go with projector lamp in low beam and halogen in the high beam. Is this advisable? If I need to do this should I get the OEM projector housing installed first, or a hid vendor like xenonplanet can do the same?
Check this thread fiat-linea-projector-headlights. Hope this is what you want; but be aware that it will cost you a bomb. Check this site to get an idea theretrofitsource.com
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:10   #9883
BHPian

I would like to upgrade my dual barrel headlight setup of my VW POLO. I simple want to have a plug and play kind of upgrade without any wiring changes.
Please advice on products available in the market which would suit my needs.
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:43   #9884
BHPian

What size of festoon led would fit in the Ertiga's Cabin light(front & back). Ertiga owners please advice
Old 24th May 2016, 02:37   #9885
BHPian

Hi everyone!
I am a new driver and I just had an opportunity to drive 100+ km during night in our 2010 Ritz VXi. The stock headlamps are unbearable. You can even turn off the lights and notice no major change. I really want to upgrade but I am new to this modification stuff. The only thing we upgraded was the ICE (it actually came with no ICE). So I want to know about the possible options and would like to know about the different terms related to the upgrade like relay, wiring harness, and other things that I should actually know about and consider before buying.
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed