Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 17:42   #9901
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I got them from Flipkart. The first set had an issue and performed as if they are fake. Had to return them and got another set, they were fantastic.

Here is the flipkart link : http://www.flipkart.com/ring-xenon-h...UE3JQDRMGZJHBK

This particular product is most of the time out of stock at Flipkart. Try to look around if somebody from Ebay UK ships to India.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Just before I place the order, I am wondering about the color temperature of Ring Xenon Ultimas. Is it as white as Philips Xtreme Vision plus bulbs you use, or more on the standard yellowish side?
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:10   #9902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Ring Ultra Xenon and Xenon Ultima H4 and H7 are available via ePitstop.
Any idea if that price is for one bulb or two ?

The product pic on Amazon UK says " 2x headlamp bulb ", but not enough description of the same
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:55   #9903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Any idea if that price is for one bulb or two ?

The product pic on Amazon UK says " 2x headlamp bulb ", but not enough description of the same
Its the same on ePitstop. Image has 2X halogen bulbs mentioned on it.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 00:36   #9904
BHPian

Highly recommend OSRAM LEDriving LED replacement bulbs.

These are, by far, the best quality LED bulbs, manufactured by a GERMAN company. They are more expensive but come with a 5 year guarantee and reduce power consumption by 80% while increasing light output by 2X. They come in warm white (4000K) and cool white (6000K) but I prefer warm white. They also emit almost zero heat and are built to last.

I purchased mine on Amazon UK but I know they are also available at other e-tailers. The comparison pictures have a standard bulb on the left and an OSRAM LED on the right - you can see the increase in light output and quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-led-license-plate-bulbs.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-led-license-plate-lights.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-osram-t4w-led.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-tail-light-led-comparison.jpg  

Last edited by Screwdriva : 4th June 2016 at 00:47.
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 01:29   #9905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I purchased mine on Amazon UK but I know they are also available at other e-tailers. The comparison pictures have a standard bulb on the left and an OSRAM LED on the right - you can see the increase in light output and quality.
That looks like b-i-g improvement over stock bulbs.
Please review their output in rains.
Can you share the Amazon link and Seller?
Old 4th June 2016, 02:09   #9906
BHPian

In the UK rain/ fog, output is far superior to an incandescent bulb. Sadly, its hard for me to locate an Indian seller for you from here but I would contact Sainath Motors (Rishi) if at all and tell him you want the OSRAM LEDdriving replacement bulbs. They also come in T4W/ T5/ P21W etc. etc.

If not, I'd import it from the US/ UK.

Here's the link

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2016 at 21:59. Reason: Merging B2B posts.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:06   #9907
BHPian

Forgot to mention that the response time for the LED bulbs is much quicker than the incandescent bulb. Even fractions of a second can make a difference in emergency braking situations, so another clear benefit for the OSRAM LEDs.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:19   #9908
BHPian

I am planning to change the color of back light from the speedometer in my Accent 2008 model.
Can anybody guide what replacement bulbs can go in there in a different color?
Right now, it is all stock color, which i plan to change to blue or green, but not sure of what replacement parts do i need to order, before i open up the console.
Old 6th June 2016, 18:06   #9909
BHPian

This rubber bush which holds the high beam bulb in my Fiesta has given up. Hence the bulb keeps shaking. ASS says replace the headlight.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160605_172543_1465216360837.jpg

Can I source this rubber thing?
Old 7th June 2016, 09:36   #9910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
I would advice to stay away from 6200k lights. Its off no use in rain and it will be equivalent to driving in dark when it rains or after. Just check the video below and save 12k IMHO Imagine Indian road conditions in rain.

https://Youtu.be/GM7Lk4YMeKo
Color temp does have an impact WHILE driving in rain, but its not much significant AFTER the rain. I dont think even a yellow light would have made any visibility difference on the video posted which is after the rain scenario.

Hopefully this link will help - Link

Quote:
Selective yellow light can improve a driver's ability to see in fog or rain or snow, but notbecause it 'penetrates fog better' or 'reflects less off droplets' as is commonly thought. That effect is known as Rayleigh Scattering, and is why the sky appears blue. However, it occurs only when the droplet size is equal or smaller than the wavelength of the light, which is certainly not the case with ordinary fog, rain or snow. Roadway Fog droplets are several orders of magnitude larger than visible light wavelengths, so there's no Rayleigh Scattering.

So, why do yellow fog lamps seem to work better? It's because of the way the human eye interacts with different colors of light. Blue and violet are very difficult for the human optical system to process correctly. They are the shortest visible wavelengths and tend to focus in front of our eyes' retinae, rather than upon it.
Old 7th June 2016, 09:42   #9911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
This rubber bush which holds the high beam bulb in my Fiesta has given up. Hence the bulb keeps shaking. ASS says replace the headlight.

Attachment 1514711

Very difficult.
Tape it up with duct tape. Seal the hole, because if dust gets in, it ruins the already bad low beam on the fiesta.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 10:35   #9912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This rubber bush which holds the high beam bulb in my Fiesta has given up. Can I source this rubber thing?
Go directly to their body shop and check the junk heap - or at least ask some one in the body shop for that part.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:51   #9913
BANNED

Quote:
This rubber bush which holds the high beam bulb in my Fiesta has given up. Can I source this rubber thing?
It is procurable albeit some searching is needed. You may get it at the scrap yard or any FNG where accident vehicles come for repairs.

Which model car is your Fiesta and if you don't mind, can you click the picture of that rubber boot (The one in good condition I mean) and post it here.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 13:05   #9914
BHPian

Folks,

I need to upgrade low-beam for Polo GT TSI. I saw some HID mods with projectors but they are a bit expensive for me. I am looking for a bulb upgrade with either a higher wattage or better bulb than stock.

I went to a nearby accessory shop to inquire about the price of relay and the guy told me that it is not possible to upgrade/use relay for low-beam only. It works only for singel bulb assembly. The guy is knowledgebale and some of my friends have also got minor work done with him.
Does anyone know if not being able to put relay and higher wattage bulb for low-beam is a limitation in polo TSI (space or any other constraint) or it is true for any headlight assembly with different bulbs for low and high beams?

Also, any suggestions for upgrade..

Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 14:49   #9915
BHPian

Quote:
This rubber bush which holds the high beam bulb in my Fiesta has given up. Hence the bulb keeps shaking. ASS says replace ....

Akshay, have you contacted the showroom to see if this rubber available?
If not in stock/N.A, then I would try with automobile retailers / even try the other car's H1 headlight rubber for compatibility.

Also make sure that headlight assembly mount points are intact and not loose.

Most Viewed