Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 15:16   #9916
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Akshay, have you contacted the showroom to see if this rubber available?
If not in stock/N.A, then I would try with automobile retailers / even try the other car's H1 headlight rubber for compatibility.

Also make sure that headlight assembly mount points are intact and not loose.
Yes I did ask at FASS. As expected their reply was I have to replace complete assembly . This weekend ill try to take the headlight out and check this thoroughly. Also cpuple of guys from Ford India owners group on FB suggested using silica gel to fix this. Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks again.
Old 9th June 2016, 16:38   #9917
BHPian

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Can anybody recommend a good set of LED W5W bulbs which I can buy online??

I wanted to convert the parking lights on my Indica Vista to LED, but there are so many options around on the internet ranging from ₹200-300 bulbs from unknown brands to ₹1600 Philips.

So I wanted the help of you people to get a tried, tested and trusted set of led bulbs.

Your help will be highly appreciated!!!

Thank You
Old 9th June 2016, 17:01   #9918
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfastdude19 View Post
Check my thread for the LED's that I am currently using in my Swift. Post No. 560 & 562.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3894913

Paid 900 for a pair from AliExpress.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 21:29   #9919
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of months back, I had bought LED parking lamps from AliExpress(LED T10 194 W5W Canbus 8 smd 5630) for around $3.5 for a pair. Just got them fitted some days back. They are much brighter than OEM parking lamps, and now I use them like DRLs
Very happy with this.

I guess Aliexpress has reduced the price by half, and better ones are available for $1.76 for a pair(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-A...b-645d598e5b27)
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 10:40   #9920
BHPian

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I got genome projectors installed in my 2014 ford fiesta. the alignment of the left head light is perfect but he has screwed up the beam alignment on my right headlight the high beam points to the sky and projector focus just ahead of the fog lamps. Does any one has a contact of a guy in pune who can get the alignment done?
Old 13th June 2016, 03:10   #9921
BHPian

Alright, so finally got the headlight replaced under warranty and its time to share the experience. Here are some pictures taken last evening which clearly shows that the color temperature of these Philips Xtreme Ultinon H4 LED's is nowhere close to 6200K. I would consider anywhere between 5000 to 5500K.

Installation - Its pretty straight forward and is a complete DIY job. The box comes with 2 pair of bulbs, 2 drivers and 10 zip ties. Its a 2 step installation and drivers are pretty small too which helps in mounting them anywhere you want. Just make sure you don't mount them on a plastic part since they get pretty hot when operational. The heat sink is pretty small but does the job quite well. I did not observe any issues with heating and rather found the headlight to be on colder side when compared to 55-60w halogen.

Performance - The low beam is fantastic and you will hardly have to use high beam during city commute even on the darkest of patches. I haven't had a chances to test the high beam properly and I believe my next highway run is when I will get to know the potential of it. Point to note is that is a little scatter that can be observed through the naked eye since the bulbs have 3 leds placed close to each other and its not one strip of led. Hardly bothers while driving but something to note in case you wish to take the plunge and are OCD about things. Since these LED's are made to imitate the filament of traditional halogen bulbs, you don't have to be bothered about the light being scattered. The low beam has a sharp cutoff and absolutely wont throw any glare at oncoming traffic. At the moment, I am pretty happy since I wanted to invest in something that is completely plug and play and they are a HUGE improvement over stock. Yes! it certainly isn't worth 10500 I paid for them and somewhere in the range of 6-7k should be a fair price.

The pictures below were shot using my Galaxy S6 and it seems the camera has cranked up the ISO to make the picture look a little brighter than it actually was. I would highly recommend taking a trial before you hit that buy button.

High Beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20160612_205033.jpg

Low Beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20160612_205045.jpg

Front View
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20160612_233352.jpg

Last edited by k.sumit : 13th June 2016 at 03:26.
k.sumit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 08:51   #9922
BHPian

We did a little comparo of HID bulbs in an existing Low beam (H7) projector vis a vis the original halogens. Vehicles were Grand Vitaras.
I see no point in upgrading from Halogen to HIDs in projector setups designed for halogens.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3995496
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 12:26   #9923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
One of my Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs conked off (low beam). When I search for replacement bulbs, all I see are the plus variants. With color temp of 3700k. The current ones with me were 4300k. Is Xtreme vision discontinued now? Can I get a single piece anywhere or is it better to buy the + version pair?
So I was mistaken. The earlier pair was 'Crystal Vision'. New pair I got is 'Xtreme Vision'. Here is the difference between the older and new bulbs.

Don't see too much of an improvement in overall illumination. But, given the beam color, these should be better in rain/fog.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160530_190522.jpg
Crystal Vision(L)
Xtreme Vision(R)

Old 15th June 2016, 15:10   #9924
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyplace I can get the projector+DRL headlamp setup of the Hyundai Elite i20 Asta(O)?
Because a friend is getting the Sportz variant soon and was keen on getting the 'cooler' looking headlamps from the higher variant.
I found one website but the designs on it are a little too gaudy. The factory setup looks classy.
Old 15th June 2016, 16:47   #9925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
So I was mistaken. The earlier pair was 'Crystal Vision'. New pair I got is 'Xtreme Vision'. Here is the difference between the older and new bulbs.

Don't see too much of an improvement in overall illumination. But, given the beam color, these should be better in rain/fog.

Attachment 1518012
Crystal Vision(L)
Xtreme Vision(R)

For the benefit of everyone - Maruti has started supplying Philips Extreme vision H4 as an OEM replacement part. You can buy it from a nearby MGP store if you find difficulty in sourcing it. The packaging may be of Maruti's but behind the package is a Philips bulb.
Not sure about other bulb type's availability.
Old 15th June 2016, 16:49   #9926
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Is there anyplace I can get the projector+DRL headlamp setup of the Hyundai Elite i20 Asta(O)?
Because a friend is getting the Sportz variant soon and was keen on getting the 'cooler' looking headlamps from the higher variant.
I found one website but the designs on it are a little too gaudy. The factory setup looks classy.
Why not contact Hyundai itself for the OEM projector setup?

If I remember correctly, the current gen i20's come with projector setup so a retrofit should be possible IMO.
Old 15th June 2016, 19:31   #9927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not contact Hyundai itself for the OEM projector setup?

If I remember correctly, the current gen i20's come with projector setup so a retrofit should be possible IMO.

Yeah, but only the Asta(O) variant gets them. So a retrofit is indeed possible.
Will try finding out at the showroom. But just wanted to know if it is available as an aftermarket option.
Old 16th June 2016, 17:05   #9928
BHPian

Hi,

I just bought a pair of Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs of H4 type. I almost feel they are authentic Osram bulbs, but I am not completely sure. I have noticed the blue ring towards the top of one of the bulbs is slightly thicker, than on the other bulb. The connector pins on the bottom also seem to have rough black edges. I am attaching the pictures of bulbs still in the unopened box.

I would appreciate if someone can take a look at the pictures, and help me determine if the bulbs are indeed authentic.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160616_162854.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160616_163156.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160616_162352.jpg  

Old 16th June 2016, 17:53   #9929
BHPian

Quote:

I wanted to convert the parking lights on my Indica Vista to LED, but there are so many options around on the internet ranging from ₹200-300 bulbs from unknown brands to ₹1600 Philips.

So I wanted the help of you people to get a tried, tested and trusted set of led bulbs.

Your help will be highly appreciated!!!

Thank You
I don't understand why people want to buy Chinese make bulbs when you can get genuine products here in India. is it about the cost?

I found these Osram W5W: http://www.epitstop.in/search#q=W5W&page=1

There are other sellers also on amazon and flipkart as well
Old 16th June 2016, 20:21   #9930
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I own a SKODA RAPID Elegance Plus Black edition. Unlike the regular edition headlamps, the headlamps have only 1 projector which toggles for high & low.

I want to upgrade the bulbs, I don't know the type of the bulb, H4 or H7.

Please suggest !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks