Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...DRL+for+suzuki
Old 25th September 2016, 21:57   #10082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That doesnt show good results. Here are some I found:
1. Bad controller and quality - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-...208.8.5.EaVBCl Observe the way the controller is built, and also it has two separate connectors for DRL and fog light. This thing doesnt come with cornering support either.

2. Similar to mine: Notice the quality of listing and the detail - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5-...cdb86534&tpp=1

3. Without a controller - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-...907321c6&tpp=1

This is how you can filter the good ones and the bad ones.

I am still in the process of understanding the logic followed by the controller. Its quite intuitive. As of now, this is how it works

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-logic.jpg

Here is a video:

audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:41   #10083
BHPian

OSRAM LED fog (just the bulb) are selling at amazon for Rs6500/- on discount of 15%+5%.
The LED DRL was way out of my budget and LED FOG again needed removing the old and fitting it, so I decided to go the plug and play mode with just a bulb swap which is the cheapest option but being a branded product with warranty and a local seller.

Any inputs of prior usage of this product please share, I got one more day to make the final buy.
Old 4th October 2016, 19:27   #10084
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there's a new halogen lamp from the house of Phillips - the Racing Vision with +150% output compared to standard lamp. Now this is interesting, although the life is an issue at just 200 hours. Anybody with some real world experience with this?
Old 5th October 2016, 09:13   #10085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
OSRAM LED fog (just the bulb) are selling at amazon for Rs6500/- on discount of 15%+5%.
The LED DRL was way out of my budget and LED FOG again needed removing the old and fitting it, so I decided to go the plug and play mode with just a bulb swap which is the cheapest option but being a branded product with warranty and a local seller.

Any inputs of prior usage of this product please share, I got one more day to make the final buy.
Though it is plug and play, the reflectors provided in the Ciaz or any other Maruti Fog lamp is pathetic. So if you are looking for LED, go for a complete setup. If not, it will cause unwanted glare to other vehicles and give you marginal improvement in lighting. The current H8s have less then half of the light thrown on the road and rest everywhere else. LEDs will make this worse. Hence, I would suggest you not to spend six grand on this one.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:05   #10086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Though it is plug and play, the reflectors provided in the Ciaz or any other Maruti Fog lamp is pathetic. Hence, I would suggest you not to spend six grand on this one.
Sadly i read your comment after I placed the order in a hurry. Damn!
I totally understand the quality of a maruti fog lamp costing Rs.800/-, I am going to cook it I guess.
Buying a Chinese product also did not make that much sense to me cause I was going to end up frying it sooner or later considering my luck with such buys.
Aleast for now I am not going to mess around with wiring and refitting a new fog lamp. I bet a Rs.6K bulb would have had enough research on its usability on regular fog lamps.
I took the plunge now, will surely get back on how I failed or averaged.
Not even a single review of the product.

On a different note got my high beam swapped with Osram Night breaker Unlimited. I don't see any improvement, are these 120% - 150% improvement just namesake.
I love the OSRAM all weather bulb on my santro though, it lights up the world like no other bulb.

Last edited by Visaster : 5th October 2016 at 13:09.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:11   #10087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly i read your comment after I placed the order in a hurry. Damn!
I totally understand the quality of a maruti fog lamp costing Rs.800/-, I am going to cook it I guess.
Buying a Chinese product also did not make that much sense to me cause I was going to end up frying it sooner or later considering my luck with such buys.
Check if it can be returned. I was initially thinking you were buying these

http://www.amazon.in/Osram-LED-Lamp-...=Osram+led+fog

Looks like a far better option than just a bulb. Moreover, for these products or even for the LED Drl + Fog, wiring does not require modification of any sort. Its completely plug and play with all necessary connections provided. You can check the kind of beam cutoff a good reflector will provide in the video I have posted. In contrast, my SX4 fog lamps dont even have a cutoff, forget sharpness and spread. Made me realise how useless the stock fog lights were. Planning to do the same to my SX4 as well.

Last edited by audioholic : 5th October 2016 at 13:13.
Old 5th October 2016, 16:49   #10088
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Planning to upgrade the bulbs for my car. I am not so much well versed with the which one to go for but had heard about Osram night breakers. What I am basically looking for is to have a good throw and also something which does not blind the people coming from the opposite direction or on their rear view mirrors.

1. Can you please suggest me the right one to go for? Have seen the below osram ones . Are they any good?
White light : http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00E...5P07G4D5Y9SWNS
Blue light : http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B005...SBT3K7SYGB5YC8

2. Can I use the same for both high and low beams?

3. Is there something different for fog lamps and interior reading light?

4. Should I be worried about it consuming more power from the battery?
Old 5th October 2016, 17:04   #10089
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.amazon.in/Osram-LED-Lamp-...=Osram+led+fog

Looks like a far better option than just a bulb. Moreover, for these products or even for the LED Drl + Fog, wiring does not require modification of any sort.
Will check possibility of return, but the whole setup is out of my budget at 8.5k, guess I am left with Aliexpress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks,

Planning to upgrade the bulbs for my car. What I am basically looking for is to have a good throw and also something which does not blind the people coming from the opposite direction or on their rear view mirrors.
What car do you own?
If you dont want to blind anybody, dont upgrade.
Cool Blue if you want the white look, if not worried best is the night breaker (not that the results are ultimate).
You can use same bulb for high and low beam if its twin beam and specs are same.
FOG lamp replacements are expensive. can get Chinese LEDs for interiors, pick your color.
Battery should be just fine if you use the same spec bulbs.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 18:19   #10090
BHPian

Guys,
Need help, I am planning to upgrade to Osram H4 4200k HID on my Grand i10, has anyone tried this combo earlier? -

Here is the bulb I am talking about - http://www.amazon.in/KMH-OSRAM-HID-K...A1V9MHYJ0N5E3O
Old 5th October 2016, 18:48   #10091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Guys,
Need help, I am planning to upgrade to Osram H4 4200k HID on my Grand i10, has anyone tried this combo earlier? -

Here is the bulb I am talking about - http://www.amazon.in/KMH-OSRAM-HID-K...A1V9MHYJ0N5E3O

The grand i10 might have a plastic dust cap behind the headlights which cannot be closed if this bulb is installed. Do check whether there is a plastic or a rubber cap behind the headlight assembly. Go ahead with the purchase only if there is a rubber cap.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 18:51   #10092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What car do you own?
If you dont want to blind anybody, dont upgrade.
Cool Blue if you want the white look, if not worried best is the night breaker (not that the results are ultimate).
You can use same bulb for high and low beam if its twin beam and specs are same.
FOG lamp replacements are expensive. can get Chinese LEDs for interiors, pick your color.
Battery should be just fine if you use the same spec bulbs.
I own a Palio Stile 1.6s. So basically even if the wattage is same would upgrading to night breakers blind the oncoming traffic? Currently I thought I use the same wattage as OSram but need to check and confirm though.

I was planning to upgrade the bulbs atleast in the fog lamps as it has a yellowish tinge and if I upgrade to white light for the headlights it would look odd. But now I am confused if I would want to do it even, after reading your comment on the blinding aspect!
Old 5th October 2016, 19:18   #10093
BHPian

Quote:
The grand i10 might have a plastic dust cap behind the headlights which cannot be closed if this bulb is installed.
Thanks mate. In this situation, do you have any other similar power bulb in mind which will go through?
Old 6th October 2016, 11:25   #10094
BHPian

Quote:
the reflectors provided in the Ciaz or any other Maruti Fog lamp is pathetic.
Well said Audioholic. Maruti fog lamps are pathetic. My Fiesta 1.6 had the best OEM fog lamps. The stock Osram bulbs were never replaced. I could manage driving the car in city with just parking bulbs and fog lamps
Old 6th October 2016, 12:24   #10095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The grand i10 might have a plastic dust cap behind the headlights which cannot be closed if this bulb is installed. Do check whether there is a plastic or a rubber cap behind the headlight assembly. Go ahead with the purchase only if there is a rubber cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Thanks mate. In this situation, do you have any other similar power bulb in mind which will go through?
Even with the dust cap it should not be an issue to install HID's, but the plastic cap needs to be drilled to fit in the HID wiring. The HID wiring comes with a rubber piece which will hold in the hole drilled on the plastic cap and covers in such a way that dust is not entered. Refer the below images for more understanding,

This is rubber cap, but drilling a plastic cap should not be an issue
Image 1

Image 2

End Result
Image 3

Hope this helps

Last edited by fusionbang : 6th October 2016 at 12:25.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed