Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2016, 09:56   #10141
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Ok. Getting my bike to the service center this weekend and hopefully this bit will also resolve the light being brighter and visible on road
Finally checked with a local mech and no issues found with either wiring/relays. Installed the new Osram and working find till now. Mech suggested to change the headlight glass since its gone dull and limits the throw.

Is the only glass available or had to settle with the complete kit?
Old 29th October 2016, 10:11   #10142
BANNED

Quote:
Mech suggested to change the headlight glass since its gone dull and limits the throw.

Get the whole thing changed buddy.

I don't think headlight is sold in firm of individual parts, IMO it is a Single piece so you'll have to change the whole unit which is better as lighting would be much better than what your are noticing now dig to new reflector, bulb and outer shield.
Old 29th October 2016, 14:09   #10143
Senior - BHPian

Replacement HID Bulbs for 2015 VW Jetta

Hi everyone,

So I am looking to replace the stock HID bulbs in my 2015 VW Jetta with better bulbs if possible. Heard a lot about the Osram Xenarc. Anyone expereicned these bulbs yet? What is the size of the stock bulbs in the VW Jetta?
Old 29th October 2016, 19:44   #10144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mech suggested to change the headlight glass since its gone dull and limits the throw.

I don't think only glass would be available. How about trying headlight restoration by 3M? They do buffing/polishing and remove the dullness.
Old 29th October 2016, 19:50   #10145
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Replacement HID Bulbs for 2015 VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi everyone,

So I am looking to replace the stock HID bulbs in my 2015 VW Jetta with better bulbs if possible. Heard a lot about the Osram Xenarc. Anyone expereicned these bulbs yet? What is the size of the stock bulbs in the VW Jetta?
I had these in my Ecosport. It was pretty ok. I had loved Auto gauge HID's that I had used in my swift. Loved the 3 years with it. You can see the pictures of the Osram here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3709120

and Auto Gauge here:
Old 29th October 2016, 20:12   #10146
BHPian

Re: Replacement HID Bulbs for 2015 VW Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I had these in my Ecosport. It was pretty ok. I had loved Auto gauge HID's that I had used in my swift. Loved the 3 years with it. You can see the pictures of the Osram here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3709120
I hate to say this, but those Osram HID conversion kits are not genuine products. Osram and Philips do no manufacture any conversion kits, as per my information.

Besides the kit, there are plenty of Osram Xenarc fake products available. The genuine ones now have a verification code printed on the product box, that goes into their online verficiation tool.

Please order the bulbs from powerbulbs.com or another reliable source.
Old 1st November 2016, 11:49   #10147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
My loot arrived this morning too!

Attachment 1570598
Hi, Do you think these Philips relay+wiring kits are genuine? The packing & lack of any warranty details makes me wary of its authenticity. What is your view?
Old 1st November 2016, 12:12   #10148
Distinguished - BHPian

Bi-xenons for Laura TSi

Hi guys,

Need advice - I have Feb 2010 Laura TSi. I want to upgrade to bi-xenons if that's possible. The car came with projectors for low beam and reflectors for high beam. Is it possible to install bi-xenons in the low-beam projector housing and will it be effective? Is there any official upgrade available from Skoda/dealers?

Thanks!
Old 1st November 2016, 14:15   #10149
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bi-xenons for Laura TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hi guys,

Need advice - I have Feb 2010 Laura TSi. I want to upgrade to bi-xenons if that's possible. The car came with projectors for low beam and reflectors for high beam. Is it possible to install bi-xenons in the low-beam projector housing and will it be effective? Is there any official upgrade available from Skoda/dealers?

Thanks!
Is the projector in your Laura halogen or HID? A BiXenon projector is different from a regular halogen projector. It has a shutter mechanism to activate the high beam. As your Laura already have a projector, to make it BiXenon, the existing projector will have to be removed and replaced with a BiXenon projector. However, as the projector is integrated in the headlight assembly, I am not sure if it would be possible to cleanly remove it.

Here are some options I can think of:

1. If the existing projector is halogen, replace the halogen bulb with a HID bulb/ballast and you will get a HID low beam. But the high beam will have to be still halogen. This is the easiest upgrade.
2. If possible, remove the existing projector and retrofit a BiXenon projector. This will depend on how the projector is integrated into the headlight housing. If everything is moulded, it may not be possible.
3. Get a headlight housing of a lower trim Laura which should have halogen reflectors and retrofit a BiXenon projector. This is what I did for my Polo GT TSi. As it was very difficult to open the OE dual barrel headlight assembly in my GT Tsi, I bought the headlight of the previous generation GT and did a projector retrofit.
4. The last option would be to get OE headlight assembly with BiXenon projectors. If there is a higher variant Laura with BiXenon headlights, then it should be possible to fix these. But this would be the most expensive of all the options.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 16:19   #10150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
However yesterday I got my LED headlamps. Woohoo!
Can you share a few more pics of high & low beam throws? Also do share details on where you ordered them and how much did they cost for a pair.
Old 1st November 2016, 19:10   #10151
BHPian

Re: Bi-xenons for Laura TSi

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!
I got the Active's halogen projectors switched to Morimoto Mini H1's. It's not as simple as installing projectors in a existing reflector setup but is very much possible.
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 19:12   #10152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Is the projector in your Laura halogen or HID? A BiXenon projector is different from a regular halogen projector. It has a shutter mechanism to activate the high beam. As your Laura already have a projector, to make it BiXenon, the existing projector will have to be removed and replaced with a BiXenon projector..
My Laura has halogen projector for low beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
I got the Active's halogen projectors switched to Morimoto Mini H1's. It's not as simple as installing projectors in a existing reflector setup but is very much possible.
OK.

Thanks to both of you, I will stick with what I have. Won't like to open the assembly.
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:01   #10153
BHPian

Hi! Everyone ,I own a Hyundai Creta SX+ AT.
I'm in mood of changing halogen bulbs of my car with HIDs, Can you clarify whether i have to use Can bus ballasts or non- can bus to avoid errors if any,
What wattage is to be preferred for main headlight projector hid 35w or 55w?

Last edited by FeelTheBass : 3rd November 2016 at 12:01. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 4th November 2016, 08:33   #10154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get the whole thing changed buddy.

I don't think headlight is sold in firm of individual parts, IMO it is a Single piece so you'll have to change the whole unit which is better as lighting would be much better than what your are noticing now dig to new reflector, bulb and outer shield.
Sure bud. But not getting the time to pay a visit to the service centre and get them changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I don't think only glass would be available. How about trying headlight restoration by 3M? They do buffing/polishing and remove the dullness.
3M in my area doesnt honour bikes.

For the time being, tried the traditional method of cleaning the headlight glass with toothpaste and the results are outstanding.
Old 4th November 2016, 09:38   #10155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Laura has halogen projector for low beam.

OK.

Thanks to both of you, I will stick with what I have. Won't like to open the assembly.
Changing the bulbs to HID wont touch the assembly, but greatly improve your light output and spread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks