Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 12:30   #10201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHopper View Post
Thank you a4anurag. I met a local accessory guy who was talking about Lumex relay kit and was insisting me to go with this by saying that it was much better than Philips. He also said that he will only install the kit and if there were any alignment issues then that needs to be sorted out by an electrician. I will visit Ministers road this weekend and see if I find this original Philips combination from any of them.
I am using the Philips H4 100/90 bulbs with the Philips relay wiring. Got this installed about 10 days back, and so far really happy with the results. Lights up the road really well, and high beam is also fantastic.
Old 12th December 2016, 13:19   #10202
BHPian

I was dissatisfied with the original head light bulbs of my Dzire purchased in July 2016. I upgraded to Hella H4 12V 130 / 90 W, 3700 K Part Number 8GJ 211 730-328 with a Phillips relay at a cost of INR 2000. I purchased and installed at at Deco World, Chinar Park, Kolkata.

I am very happy with the performance of the new bulbs, add to that it was not a pocket pincher!

Next assignment is to replace the fog lamp bulbs to something really powerful as I intend to use them only on the highways - advice solicited please
Old 12th December 2016, 13:22   #10203
BHPian

Gentlemen, I am not able to figure out the bulb used in the roof lights of the Elite i20. Cant find the info on the net (may be I am not using the right set of KW's) hence requesting for help here. Now the reason I am asking is because I am planning to replace them with LED's, but am looking for bulbs which will be a direct fit. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old 12th December 2016, 18:05   #10204
Senior - BHPian

Osram Xenarc CBI

So I have been contemplating on changing my stock D3S HID bulbs on my 2015 VW Jetta to the Osram Xenarc CBI. I have been going through various posts and videos online and been seeing mixed reviews of the same. Some swear by it to being an 'upgrade' to stock OEM bulbs while others believe that they are just cosmetic changes; most an increase in colour temperature to 5000K vs the 4300K of stock OEM bulbs. I also had a chat with a contact of mine in Czech Republic who supplies OEM parts for the VW group and even he confirmed that the change to Osram Xenarc CBI would just be cosmetic. He actually recommended the Osram Xenarc XNB (Nightbreakers).

Does anyone here have experience with the Osram Xenarc CBI bulbs? Is there any improvement in performance; light throw and light spread? Is it really worth the change?
Old 12th December 2016, 18:37   #10205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Gentlemen, I am not able to figure out the bulb used in the roof lights of the Elite i20. Cant find the info on the net (may be I am not using the right set of KW's) hence requesting for help here
Have a look in the owner's manual - must be there.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 21:21   #10206
BHPian

Got a 2013 Swift, running stock bulbs, what is the suggested direct bolt on upgrade ?
Old 12th December 2016, 21:58   #10207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Got a 2013 Swift, running stock bulbs, what is the suggested direct bolt on upgrade ?
You can try Philips extreme 130+ gave a decent upgrade without any fuss on my old car. Not best for rains and fogs since its whiter beam compared to OE.
Old 12th December 2016, 22:26   #10208
BHPian

I ordered the Philips RacingVision H4, which I'm told is the highest legal brightness level on the market today.

Placed the order through powerbulbs.com. Does anyone know how long it takes for the shipment to reach India - I wasn't aware they do not provide any tracking number with their standard free delivery option.
Old 13th December 2016, 19:07   #10209
BHPian

Philips Rally H4 (130/100W) bulbs coupled with philips 12003XM H4 relay kit a good upgrade for my Punto Evo? Or should I consider osrams?

Last edited by Recallers : 13th December 2016 at 19:09.
Old 13th December 2016, 19:56   #10210
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recallers View Post
Philips Rally H4 (130/100W) bulbs coupled with philips 12003XM H4 relay kit a good upgrade for my Punto Evo? Or should I consider osrams?
I'll suggest you to have a look at 100/90W bulbs first rather than going for 130/100W directly.

Hope the reflectors bear that load of wattage.
Old 13th December 2016, 23:45   #10211
BHPian

One of my low beams (H7 type) has died in my Laura TSI, is Xtreme vision + a good bet?
Where to get the original Xtreme vision + in Bangalore? (powerbulbs.com is an option)
Any other recommended bulbs?
Thx
Old 14th December 2016, 06:52   #10212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
One of my low beams (H7 type) has died in my Laura TSI, is Xtreme vision + a good bet?
Where to get the original Xtreme vision + in Bangalore? (powerbulbs.com is an option)
Thx
You can get them at AK Traders, JC road. Please search my previous posts for exact address.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 07:39   #10213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Thx
You can get this at most of the automobile accessories shop. Xtreme vision + is a good option. It is certainly better than stock bulbs
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 18:16   #10214
BHPian

I would like to know if xtream vision is available in HB3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The bright mode of my car's headlamp failed on one side. It is 100/90 bulb which was replaced with the stock ones with a relay fitted.

I have the stock bulbs the car came with . Is it possible to fit them back although there is a relay fitted for the 100/90 or does the relay and wiring have to be removed .
Were you able to find out the cause for the failure ? Was it the bulb ? Relay or wiring ?

I had a similar experience such as yours, I had 100W HB3 on my creta with relays, but it was producing so much heat, I went through five bulbs. I still don't know what was cause for so many bulbs going bust. I suspect the relay. You can definitely go back to stock bulbs without any issue, in fact the brightness and throw will increase due to the relay, I cannot give you an exact percentage, try it and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I did the same with my Creta and lets just say, the stock ones are performing like 75/70, I know, such a stupid example

Last edited by SDP : 15th December 2016 at 19:33. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 15th December 2016, 19:13   #10215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
I ordered the Philips RacingVision H4, which I'm told is the highest legal brightness level on the market today.

Placed the order through powerbulbs.com. Does anyone know how long it takes for the shipment to reach India - I wasn't aware they do not provide any tracking number with their standard free delivery option.
Hey Arvindyoga

Were you able to source the Philips RacingVision lamps and have them installed? I am interested in these as they are supposed to be the brightest halogens out there. Do please write your ownership review once you get them installed and have used them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks