Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 19:34   #10216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
The solution was to have a something with higher lumen at a lower operating temperature. IT WAS LED TIME !

Can you please provide a link for these bulbs ? Also now that you have them for a month or so how are they holding up?

Last edited by aah78 : 15th December 2016 at 21:42. Reason: Quote edited. Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Old 15th December 2016, 19:54   #10217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Can you please provide a link for these bulbs ? Also now that you have them for a month or so how are they holding up ?
You might want to have a look at this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Fewfellow BHPans also wanted the link but its not available in amazon.in it is available in amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/QuakeWorld-LE...s=rolinger+5th
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 20:05   #10218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
You might want to have a look at this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Fewfellow BHPans also wanted the link but its not available in amazon.in it is available in amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/QuakeWorld-LE...s=rolinger+5th
Thanks for the update. Were they the same bulbs on the Amazon.in site ?
Old 15th December 2016, 21:27   #10219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post

Were you able to find out the cause for the failure ? Was it the bulb ? Relay or wiring ?

:
It was the bulb. It was around 6 years old. In your case, I would suggest checking the wiring and relay.
I changed to Xtreme vision and retained the relay, the effect is better than a 100/90 bulb now.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:17   #10220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Hey Arvindyoga

Were you able to source the Philips RacingVision lamps and have them installed? I am interested in these as they are supposed to be the brightest halogens out there. Do please write your ownership review once you get them installed and have used them.
Hi Joslicx,

Yes I ordered the H4 bulbs from powerbulbs.com. Took around 25 days for the package to get delivered. I think the Royal Mail service delivers it to India in a week, and the rest of the time is taken by Indian postal services to clear it at customs and ship through normal India Post.

Coming to the bulbs, first thing I noticed is that the bulbs are not only brighter, but the beam is also much wider than the stock bulbs that came with my Honda City. The bulbs are tinted blue, so the light is whiter than standard halogens, but still not pure white like LED's. The low beam is excellent for city driving. I did not have the guts to turn on the brightest legal high beam on city roads, but I feel I'll rarely need to switch to high beam, even on highways, owing to the longer and wider throw of these lights.

These bulbs have a good color balance, as I was able to differentiate between the headlights and LED street lights with ease. Light from my stock bulbs would often diffuse into the street lights, rendering them useless to spot potholes or ditches.

Installation took just 10 minutes, as it's a standard H4 socket. No wiring or relays needed. Fair warning, as these bulbs are brighter, they also run much hotter than regular bulbs, so the life-expectancy of these bulbs is half of standard H4's. Be sure to have a spare bulb in your dash, in case the filament burns out.

These are great bulbs. I had the Philips Xtreme Vision and the Osram Nightbreakers before, but the RacingVision bulbs are my favorite so far.

Some photos of high and low beam in my parking lot:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high-dash.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-high-front.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-low-dash.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-low-front.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 15:29   #10221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
One of my low beams (H7 type) has died in my Laura TSI, is Xtreme vision + a good bet?
Where to get the original Xtreme vision + in Bangalore? (powerbulbs.com is an option)
Any other recommended bulbs?
Thx
Or you can buy them here.
http://www.amazon.in/Philips-12972XV...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I had ordered RacingVisions from powerbulbs as well on 4th December (also for my Honda City) and wondered why it took so long? So 25 days is the standard I should consider then.

P.S. Is it me or does your right headlamp have a bluish tint; have the reflectors turned bluish due to heat from previous bulbs? Or is it the angle at which you have captured images that make it look bluish on the right?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 16:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 18th December 2016, 19:09   #10222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronello View Post
P.S. Is it me or does your right headlamp have a bluish tint; have the reflectors turned bluish due to heat from previous bulbs? Or is it the angle at which you have captured images that make it look bluish on the right?
The right headlamp housing is 6 years old, whereas the left one is about 1 year old. Car was hit by an over-zealous auto driver, resulting in a crack in the headlamp glass. Honda's "superior" after sales service in Hyderabad decided that the entire assembly had to be changed, including the connecting wires and weather seals. The also advised denting and painting of almost immaterial scratches on the quarterpanel and front bumper and mentioned that the entire car needs to have a fresh coat of sealant and underbody treatment, but I recently had that done from 3M and refused that. Saved me almost 9000 rupees. Can't agree with everything the service executive advises.

I did capture the images on my phone, so picture quality might not be that great. There are some really good videos on youtube which compare these bulbs with several others in the market.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 19th December 2016, 20:49   #10223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronello View Post
Or you can buy them here.
http://www.amazon.in/Philips-12972XV...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I had ordered RacingVisions from powerbulbs as well on 4th December (also for my Honda City) and wondered why it took so long? So 25 days is the standard I should consider then.
I got them from JC road(AK Traders) for 680/ a piece. Thx
Old 20th December 2016, 19:54   #10224
BANNED

My headlight upgrade. .
Sonar brand projector headlight
P8 4300 K 55W HID
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1482243741283.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1482243759259.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1482243818762.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1482243847759.jpg  

dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 21:05   #10225
BHPian

Hi there, I will be taking delivery of my duster AWD next week. I have read multiple reviews on TBHP that headlights are inadequate. Hence for my mild offroading and only highway usage, I plan to get an LED strip sometime soon. So far I have come across many options and the following seem to be sufficient. However this being my first encounter with automotive LEDs, would appreciate some help from you experts.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482334394.691751.jpgAuto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482334408.807945.jpg
I plan to install it on the bumper rather than roof mounting, but again this is my observation, all your advice and suggestions are more than welcomed.
Cheers.
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:07   #10226
Distinguished - BHPian

Have just posted in Duster Review thread on why we should not use imported headlight bulbs from countries with lane traffic patterns different from India. Like items from US/UAE/Europe etc.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4114056

The light throw pattern in dip beam is made effective for use for particular countries traffic rules.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:26   #10227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Hi there, I will be taking delivery of my duster AWD next week. I have read multiple reviews on TBHP that headlights are inadequate. Hence for my mild offroading and only highway usage, I plan to get an LED strip sometime soon. So far I have come across many options and the following seem to be sufficient. However this being my first encounter with automotive LEDs, would appreciate some help from you experts.
Attachment 1587354Attachment 1587355
I plan to install it on the bumper rather than roof mounting, but again this is my observation, all your advice and suggestions are more than welcomed.
Cheers.
I have experimented with LED light bars and based on my experience here are some tips:-

1. If you are looking for long distance (500 feet or more) illumination, go for led lamps with 15W or 25W individual led source.
2. For near illumination go for 4D led bars with 10 degrees or 20degrees beam angle and minimum 5W per led source. Any angle more than this will only create glare for oncoming traffic.
3. Mount them as low as you can. That way you can adjust it for good illumination without troubling oncoming traffic.

Once you decide what type of illumination you want I can PM you some links.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:01   #10228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Hi there, I will be taking delivery of my duster AWD next week.
Congrats T-Rex.

Where in Mumbai are you taking delivery from.? And which model spec.?

Am taking delivery of my RxZ AWD Adventure on 25th and would love to compare notes as we chug along unbeaten paths.
SRShrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:46   #10229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Congrats T-Rex.

Where in Mumbai are you taking delivery from.? And which model spec.?

Am taking delivery of my RxZ AWD Adventure on 25th and would love to compare notes as we chug along unbeaten paths.
Hey congratulations to you too buddy mine is a white RXZ AWD. Delivery date would most likely be 30th or 31st. I'm getting it from GenNxt Motors located at junction of on W.E. highway and J.V.L.R. Couldn't resist the December offer, I've got a discount of 91 K totally. How about you. Mods sorry for going a little
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:11   #10230
BHPian

Upgraded the lights on my Honda city to Philips H4 LED

The stock headlights on the Honda City are probably on the worst on any car on Indian roads. The first upgrade I made was to HIDs and I went through the pain of getting a set made specifically for reflectors from Kuwait to ensure the glare wasn't as bad. The light output and spread was good and the glare was controlled to a large extent. The only problem was that cutoff was not great and once the bulbs went bust in may 2016 I was back to the stock H4 bulbs. The car is used by my wife and rarely driven at night but on the few occasions I drove at night, I could barely see. That's when I learnt about it the Philips H4 LED Ultinon. These are made to be used in reflectors and were a straight fit. Installation took just 5 minutes and I am happy to report that these are brilliant! Cut off is fantastic and the spread is good too. The lights are the perfect color and there is barely any glare to the oncoming vehicle. Yes they are expensive (I picked mine from Bhpian Sumit- used) but are absolutely worth the price. The fog lamps have 4300k HIDs and i can happily say that i face no issues at all while driving the city at night!

Low beam

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482474696.137636.jpg

High beam

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1482475265.617982.jpg

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks