Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 00:11   #10336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Hi Guys,
So the high beam bulb on the right headlamp of my Fortuner finally blew after 95,000Kms.
According to the manual the high beam requires a 60W hb3 bulb.Now,instead of replacing it with the OEM bulb can I replace it with a 60W Osram night breaker (http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P9005-Nig...2-c997dff3d533) ?
Will it damage the reflector housing?
Also,has anyone else tried this bulb in their fortuner?
Is it better than the OEM bulb or should I stick to the OEM bulb?

Cheers,
Abhishek
Same wattage bulbs shouldnt cause any damage to reflectors
Old 6th March 2017, 09:59   #10337
BANNED

Let me say differently. I am using NB+ in my Brio for over five years, no issues whatsoever. I fully support @arjithin; in this.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 00:12   #10338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
I was wondering if you can fix projector light in place of the normal headlights.
Yes you can; that's what I have done. I have installed projectors inside my stock headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
The glass on my Santro Xing's headlights has turned yellow. Because of this, visibility in the night is pathetic. Low beam is almost useless if there's any oncoming vehicle. Most of the time I have to use high beam (usually I switch to low beam as soon as there's any oncoming vehicle to not to blind them). But even the high beam is ineffective if someone's approaching from opposite side.
So I had a few queries:
1. Is it possible to clean the headlight glass? One of the FNG told me that they'd take one day to clean it and it's possible. But I don't want to spend money without asking experts here.
Yes the yellow haze can be fixed but results may vary. Here's an example I have demonstrated couple of pages back : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4144614 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
Old 7th March 2017, 19:56   #10339
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I'm an Ecosport owner, and planning to change the stock headlights to a better halogen one. Could anyone please suggest the brand and model that I can buy from India itself? I prefer a plug and play one and don't prefer to do any modification on wiring, as the vehicle is only 3 months old.

Also, I'm pretty new to lighting section of a car, and willing to know more about it. Is there any post/thread/website where I can get to know the basic terminologies related to all sorts of lamps associated with a car? Like the difference between H1/H4/H7, relation of lumens/wattage and performance etc.

Thank you.
Old 7th March 2017, 21:46   #10340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post

Also, I'm pretty new to lighting section of a car, and willing to know more about it. Is there any post/thread/website where I can get to know the basic terminologies related to all sorts of lamps associated with a car? Like the difference between H1/H4/H7, relation of lumens/wattage and performance etc.

Thank you.
You can search this thread for the keyword Ecosport and get all you replies.

In short, the Ecosport uses H4 bulbs. These bulbs have 2 filaments inside, 1 for high beam and other for low beam. Stock wattage is 55/60W for low/high respectively.

You can upgrade to better bulbs of same wattage which are easy to plug in like Osram Night breaker unlimited or Philips X-treme vision or you can upgrade to higher wattage bulbs like 90/100W.

If you get better bulbs of same wattage warranty remains intact and you get slightly better illumination but not worlds apart in diff.

90/100W bulbs have a huge difference but will void the electrical warranty, risk of running hot and blackening the headlight and you need to upgrade the wiring and use a ceramic holder.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 05:13   #10341
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I'm an Ecosport owner, and planning to change the stock headlights to a better halogen one. Could anyone please suggest the brand and model that I can buy from India itself?
Thank you.
I've recently changed the stock bulbs on my Ecosport with the Philips Extremevision Plus H4 bulbs 55/60W. There is considerable improvement over the stock bulbs and since they're plug and play install I'm very happy.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 11:30   #10342
Senior - BHPian

Rigid Industries E2 Driving Combo

Some pics of the 20inch Rigid industries E2 hyperspot & driving combination light bar in action. Excuse the clarity, the windshield was quite dirty. Rigid says the light has a reach of around 1000metres on its website.

i have currently listed this for sale, I'm going for a smaller but high output LED light set for the particular mounting location I have currently. If the rigid doesn't get sold i might probably mount it lower near the grille.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rigid6.jpg

With lightbar ON
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rigid5a.jpg

With lightbar OFF same road when i reached that parked Traveller in the pic above.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rigid5b.jpg
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 15:51   #10343
Distinguished - BHPian

@sankar : Rigid Industries USA led bars are the best, but very expensive. Most of them do not know about the quality/output and turn away due to high pricing in India. Also, I don't think the pics you have posted do full justice to the real output.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 22:22   #10344
Senior - BHPian

Rigid is very good but there are other choices in the high priced LED light market and one such company is Baja Designs they make some excellent lights and I am going to put a set of their pods on the vehicle. Rigid let me see if i can mount it lower if it stays with me. Problem with the Rigid i have is it puts too much light down the road, which means i should be super careful when i use it. The pics doesn't do justice at all.

Rigid E2 Combo
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0378.jpg

Multiple projector like lenses for throwing light down the road. Looks like spider eyes!
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0377.jpg

Specter optics which provides the driving beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0373.jpg

Special unique key light locks.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0375.jpg
The nut has a code laser etched on it's other side which is needed to get a spare key made.

Last edited by Sankar : 13th March 2017 at 22:30.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 12:55   #10345
BHPian

This may be a silly question but here goes:

Why do commercial vehicles- trucks, buses, even 3 wheelers, have headlights fixed at the eye level of drivers of oncoming passenger cars?

I remember years ago some Leyland trucks had headlights in the bumper but many trucks had modified the lights to a higher position- exactly at the eye level of hapless car owners.
Old 15th March 2017, 09:48   #10346
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Need guidance and help for my upcoming bike tour.I plan to do extensive riding in the coming month and need to install better lights on my karizma. Last time I toured I installed a 6000k HID kit and yes although the colour temp was not what I wanted,the brightness was amazing and I could ride very confidently in the pitch of the night,after using them for a year now only my hi beam works,when switched to low beam it just goes off.
I don’t know whether this is a bulb fault or something with the ballast,Is there anyway to identify the culprit,I don’t have a spare bulb to test.
Am thinking of buying a new kit but 4300k HID and install the same,I definetly prefer the brightness of the HID to regular halogen.

I alternatively wouldn't mind installing a auxiliary lamp with a HID of-course,since the new kit I buy may have two HID bulbs so I would install the other in auxiliary unit and use it on the inner roads.

My questions are where can I buy a good 4300k hid kit for my karizma?
Please suggest auxiliary lamps with Hid install capacity.
Any other suggestions from biking brothers would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th March 2017, 12:16   #10347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Hi Guys,
Last time I toured I installed a 6000k HID kit and yes although the colour temp was not what I wanted,the brightness was amazing and I could ride very confidently in the pitch of the night,after using them for a year now only my hi beam works,when switched to low beam it just goes off.
I don’t know whether this is a bulb fault or something with the ballast,Is there anyway to identify the culprit,I don’t have a spare bulb to test.

The bulb is the problem. Get a 4300K bulb of same type and it should work. If Ballast is faulty the bulb wont turn on in low and high beam
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 15:21   #10348
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post
This may be a silly question but here goes:

Why do commercial vehicles- trucks, buses, even 3 wheelers, have headlights fixed at the eye level of drivers of oncoming passenger cars?

I remember years ago some Leyland trucks had headlights in the bumper but many trucks had modified the lights to a higher position- exactly at the eye level of hapless car owners.
I think they need their skulls examined. A most hazardous practice.

I always have the view that auxiliary lamps are best kept at a low level, ie below the headlamps. I remember in the UK in the 1970's any fogs had to be mounted below the headlamps. There were some regulations for these.
Old 15th March 2017, 15:25   #10349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
. I remember in the UK in the 1970's any fogs had to be mounted below the headlamps. There were some regulations for these.
Fog lamps are still mounted below the head-lamps. It's the aux lamps that are added on, which end up at the level of the head-lamps, or in case of buses - above the head-lamps
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 16:28   #10350
BHPian

Quote:
I'm an Ecosport owner, and planning to change the stock headlights to a better halogen one. Could anyone please suggest the brand and model that I can buy from India itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

In short, the Ecosport uses H4 bulbs.

You can upgrade to better bulbs of same wattage which are easy to plug in like Osram Night breaker unlimited or Philips X-treme vision
The stock bulbs are Osram Night breaker plus. So changing to Osram Night breaker unlimited won't make must difference (difference in unlimited to plus is bulb glass is coated blue to give little 'white' lights (around 3800K vs 3400K in plus)!)! If one feels stock headlights throw are terrible (even team-bhp review says same), Guess going 90/100W is only way!
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks