Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 17:31   #10351
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Let me out is differently. Stock / NB +, NB Unlimited are all halogens, running progressively hotter. The fill gas mixtures are different to handle the higher temperatures. As the filament gets hotter the output increases marginally, with a 'colder' or bluish colour temperature.There is not much one can do without change of technology. I will personally prefer the Philips Ultinon LEDs instead.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 01:55   #10352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Fog lamps are still mounted below the head-lamps. It's the aux lamps that are added on, which end up at the level of the head-lamps, or in case of buses - above the head-lamps
And irrespective of at what level the aux-lamp is placed, they will always make sure that the beam is pointed directly onto the oncoming car-driver's face, especially those inter-state Volvo buses which have more no.of aux lamps than tyres.
And the difficult part is that even if they switch to low-beam, only the OE headlight beam dips, and these aux-lamps are not affected.

On many occasions,I have been literally blinded for a few seconds by these oncoming Volvos.

No 100/90 bulbs, No HIDs/Projectors, No Aux-lights ..nothing will help in such situations.

There is a limit to how much our 12V car battery can support, as opposed to the high capacity 24 V batteries that they have in volvos.

Just reduce the speed, move to the side and resume normal speed once it passes.That's what I do now.
No use flashing at them and asking for dipping the beam.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 12:02   #10353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
The stock bulbs are Osram Night breaker plus. So changing to Osram Night breaker unlimited won't make must difference (difference in unlimited to plus is bulb glass is coated blue to give little 'white' lights (around 3800K vs 3400K in plus)!)! If one feels stock headlights throw are terrible (even team-bhp review says same), Guess going 90/100W is only way!
I never knew it was Osram NB+. Thanks for the much required information. Else I would have asked for the same from a shop!!!

So I think I've reached a road block. I can't go for higher output one as it may tamper the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Let me out is differently. Stock / NB +, NB Unlimited are all halogens, running progressively hotter. The fill gas mixtures are different to handle the higher temperatures. As the filament gets hotter the output increases marginally, with a 'colder' or bluish colour temperature.There is not much one can do without change of technology. I will personally prefer the Philips Ultinon LEDs instead.
If I opt for Philips LEDs, I think I should change the holder as well as the wiring.
May I know what all other parts are to be changed for a clean & safe running of the LED setup.
I saw the Philips Ultinon LEDs in an accessories shop in Banglaore, they are charging close to 13K. Executive mentioned it will not tamper the warranty of the vehicle as they use high quality wiring for replacement. But I doubt so

Last edited by bblost : 16th March 2017 at 16:12. Reason: Please use the multi quote feature. Thanks.
Old 16th March 2017, 12:56   #10354
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
If I opt for Philips LEDs, I think I should change the holder as well as the wiring.
I saw the Philips Ultinon LEDs in an accessories shop in Banglaore, they are charging close to 13K. Executive mentioned it will not tamper the warranty of the vehicle as they use high quality wiring for replacement. But I doubt so
You wil need to install the power packs inside the engine compartment. LEDs need stable power. As for the lamps they are a drop in replacement. As for wiring I will not bother since LEDs take less current than the Halogens. Also, there is a custom wire from the power pack to the LED.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 16:22   #10355
BHPian

Projector upgrade - Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 to Morimoto Mini H1 7.0

Ballasts - XB55, bulbs - 4500K.

Low-beam cut-off

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-106.png

High-beam cut-off

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-105.png

Closer shot of the cut-off

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-104.png

Low-beam front shot (no glare)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-102.png

High-beam front shot (lots of glare)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-103.png

Low-beam output in an unlit back-lane

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-108.png

High-beam output in an unlit back-lane

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-107.png

Couple of videos from a road with intermittent streetlights

Low-beam

High-beam

harsh79 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 16:37   #10356
Distinguished - BHPian

@harsh79: Brilliant output!! Also that blue cut off colour is really beautiful. The alignment is also perfect.

Good to see that you have upgraded from Mini H1 6.0 to Mini H1 7.0. 7.0 is fully compatible with 55W ballasts unlike 6.0. Could you please share the cost?

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 17:03   #10357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
@harsh79: Brilliant output!! Also that blue cut off colour is really beautiful. The alignment is also perfect.

Good to see that you have upgraded from Mini H1 6.0 to Mini H1 7.0. 7.0 is fully compatible with 55W ballasts unlike 6.0. Could you please share the cost?

Cheers!!
Yup, it's indeed an upgrade in every sense.

9K all inclusive.
Old 16th March 2017, 17:28   #10358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Yup, it's indeed an upgrade in every sense.

9K all inclusive.
The light output is awesome. Did you get it from a dealer in India or directly from US?
Old 16th March 2017, 18:01   #10359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The light output is awesome. Did you get it from a dealer in India or directly from US?
Same as last time, installed at Retro Rides on M.G road.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 00:17   #10360
BHPian

Complete spread from the new 7.0's

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h17.0-104-1.png
harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 01:12   #10361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
9K all inclusive.
I believe that you meant 9K for a set of Mini H1 7.0 projectors and you have retained bulbs, ballasts, shrouds and harness from the old setup, right??

What would be the cost of full Mini H1 7.0 kit??
Old 17th March 2017, 01:39   #10362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I believe that you meant 9K for a set of Mini H1 7.0 projectors and you have retained bulbs, ballasts, shrouds and harness from the old setup, right??

What would be the cost of full Mini H1 7.0 kit??
Below is what I paid a year back for the 6.0 kit -

Morimoto mini H1 6.0 x 2 - 9,000/-
Morimoto XB55 Ballast with harness x 2 - 7,000/-
Morimoto XB HID 4500K - 3,000/-

Only the projectors have been swapped for an additional 9K.

Last edited by harsh79 : 17th March 2017 at 01:43.
harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 14:35   #10363
BHPian

Hi Friends

I have posted this question sometime back as well. But I didn't go ahead with the upgrade considering warranty issues. But the lighting is really pathetic during night drives and I think I am forced to upgrade now.

Basically my car is a Skoda Rapid diesel - 2015 model. It has just completed the warranty period and is under extended warranty now.

I had already changed the bulbs to osram NB but that has helped very little.

Now I am planning for 100/90 with a relay and ceramic holder. Please let me know anything better can be done?
Old 18th March 2017, 16:53   #10364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Now I am planning for 100/90 with a relay and ceramic holder. Please let me know anything better can be done?
It is the best, cheapest, VFM upgrade for headlights I can ever think off.

It is a totally reversible modification and mostly doesn't damage the reflectors. Please go ahead!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 18:30   #10365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is the best, cheapest, VFM upgrade for headlights I can ever think off.

It is a totally reversible modification and mostly doesn't damage the reflectors. Please go ahead!
Thanks for the information. But one of the car accessories shop guy says that 90/100 set up will be just marginally better than the osram NB that I have.

Is it true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks