Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 02:24   #10516
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Vinod,

Can you suggest at least one LED brand on Amazon or available in the local shops that I could use effectively?
Brand name is not significant for these chinese lights, because whichever brand name they give in their listing on amazon, ebay etc, you ultimately get a generic product with no brand name on it.

If you are still planning to go for these lights on amazon.in, then try to get a pair of 27W LED bars.

I have tried 18W and 27W bars, but 18W ouput was very less.
27W was ok and I felt that it was better than 55W halogen aux lights.

Most sellers claim the ouput to be much more - around 2000-3000 lumens per light but don't expect that much from these lights.

42W and 48W bars are still more better, but the unit is too bulky and heavy with bigger heatsink and so fitting it on your nano would be difficult.

27w bar is realtively slim and easier to fit.

Buy from any seller with good rating and customer reviews.
Brand name doesn't matter here.

But no warranty how long it will last.

If it lasts for a week, then generally it will last for a long time.
If something should go wrong, it would most probably go wrong within the first few days itself.
Don't ask me why, but things work that way for most chinese items.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:15   #10517
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried excelite bulbs from korea? They have a rally series too which are their most powerful. There's a 75/75 watts h4 option for those who are so scared to to put 100+. I've personally never used anything below 130/100 in any of my cars.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rally-list.pdf (51.0 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by straight6 : 3rd July 2017 at 13:38.
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:12   #10518
BHPian

Wow 130/110. Which car is that on. How does your stock reflector bear the heat produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi a4Anurag,
Sorry but the time I saw your post I had already returned the 90/100w bulbs to the shop.

Hi Vinod,

Can you suggest at least one LED brand on Amazon or available in the local shops that I could use effectively? I do not have any contacts in the US. I have gone through about 40 pages of Amazon lighting and still have no clue. The name CREE is used a lot but no idea if they are genuine.

Regards,
SS
Check this out on Amazon, the price is including shipping and duty.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00GQGW...gid+industries

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd July 2017 at 20:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit the previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
T-Rex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 20:24   #10519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Wow 130/110. Which car is that on. How does your stock reflector bear the heat produced.
SX4 since 3 years. I have the habit of switching off lights on signals and whenever not required. Now im going to uograde the fogs from 35w to 55w and then after a while projector headlights with 55w hid kits for low and high beam.

Last edited by straight6 : 3rd July 2017 at 20:25.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:48   #10520
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys, am looking for ge platinum nighthawk h7 bulbs in india. Where can i find them? The regular night hawks are available on amazon, not the platinum series.

If i dont get this, might need to get a philips xtreme vision, just need a single bulb really.
Old 4th July 2017, 16:31   #10521
Senior - BHPian

Just a question to all here. Dont bash me up for this but wont upgrading to the whiter lights (osram nightbreaker/phillips night vision) hinder the people coming from the opposite direction.

I did try to upgrade my palio lights to phillips (after clarifying in this thread itself) but post installation (with proper alignment) when I stood in front of the car, I was blinded by the white light. I was very sure that I do not want to blind the oncoming traffic and risk them. I reverted to the original setup and in the places where I feel that the light is not enough I drive/ride slowly. I have cursed myself at all those cars, bikes which blind the oncoming traffic. Does others not feel the same? I know its (i) a necessity sometimes (ii) a personal preference , but is not there something which gives out softer/warm light than the harsh white ones.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 4th July 2017 at 16:38.
Old 4th July 2017, 19:17   #10522
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Just a question to all here. Dont bash me up for this but wont upgrading to the whiter lights (osram nightbreaker/phillips night vision) hinder the people coming from the opposite direction.

I did try to upgrade my palio lights to phillips (after clarifying in this thread itself) but post installation (with proper alignment) when I stood in front of the car, I was blinded by the white light. I was very sure that I do not want to blind the oncoming traffic and risk them. I reverted to the original setup and in the places where I feel that the light is not enough I drive/ride slowly. I have cursed myself at all those cars, bikes which blind the oncoming traffic. Does others not feel the same? I know its (i) a necessity sometimes (ii) a personal preference , but is not there something which gives out softer/warm light than the harsh white ones.

Hi,
If any bulb is replaced with same category of bulb (for example H4 with H4), there should not be a problem of glare on oncoming traffic since construction of these bulbs is same except the colour of glass capsule.

Please be aware that even though there are bulbs available with higher wattage but in same category, it is not recommended to use them as they generate considerable amount of extra heat which can damage plastic molded parts of a lamp.

Just changing the make of bulb will not affect the performance. Sometimes it improves the output (Philips bulbs tend to give sharper cut offs than OSRAM bulbs).

Last edited by JitendraK78 : 4th July 2017 at 19:19.
Old 4th July 2017, 21:41   #10523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey guys, am looking for ge platinum nighthawk h7 bulbs in india. Where can i find them? The regular night hawks are available on amazon, not the platinum series.

If i dont get this, might need to get a philips xtreme vision, just need a single bulb really.
You can probably try a set of Osram Nightbreaker Laser H7 bulbs. I found them slightly better performing than the phillips xtreme vision ones.
Old 4th July 2017, 21:59   #10524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
You can probably try a set of Osram Nightbreaker Laser H7 bulbs. I found them slightly better performing than the phillips xtreme vision ones.

Hi Samkat, how would you rate the quality of light of NB Laser compared to NB Unlimited ?
Old 4th July 2017, 23:46   #10525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi Samkat, how would you rate the quality of light of NB Laser compared to NB Unlimited ?
NB Laser is anytime a better performer than NB unlimited.
Old 5th July 2017, 23:55   #10526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
NB Laser is anytime a better performer than NB unlimited.

Was actually inquiring on how different is the performance if you have had experience with both ie?
Old 6th July 2017, 08:19   #10527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Yes. Any kind of white light will be a hinderance to someone coming from the opposite direction.
Old 7th July 2017, 22:16   #10528

Hi Folks,

Would someone kindly suggest a good replacement option (lamp ?) for the stock setup of a 1.3 S-Cross-Alpha variant? One that would not void warranty while still providing better o/p compared to the absolutely pathetic stock headlamps?

The vehicle is new and I would not want to risk too much "modding" (read - playing around with the wiring, extra ballasts etc etc) at this point.

Thank you.
Old 11th July 2017, 15:41   #10529
BHPian

Re: 75W/75W H4 for Alto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Anyone tried excelite bulbs from korea? They have a rally series too which are their most powerful. There's a 75/75 watts h4 option for those who are so scared to to put 100+. I've personally never used anything below 130/100 in any of my cars.
Where can we source this 75W/75W H4 bulb? This might be a good fit for our Alto.
Old 11th July 2017, 18:42   #10530
Senior - BHPian

You will have to check for the dealer in your city. I know where to get it here. Unless, you're coming to Bombay soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks