Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 15:34   #10561
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephrmathias View Post
Hey there,

Did you have any luck with Headlights upgrade for the 2016 Duster. I drive on the highway regularly and the stock Lamps on the Renault are extremely bad when compare to even 90/100 H4 lamps that i have used in other cars.

Is a relay set up with higher wattage bulbs even possible for the lights on the new Duster? Or is LED the only way to go to increase Lumens? Sorry this is my first car with H7 bulbs.

Thanks,

JM
I would not be able to advice on any other setup other than LEDs.
I drive on highways extensively and mostly late night to avoid 4 and 2 legged cows and donkeys on the way.
Mine is a 2016 June AWD and have done 37k in 1 year 1 month 15 days. My requirement was
Very simple diy setup
Very low operating temperature
Higher lumens than bi-xenon or halogens

I have kept the LEDs ON for 14+ hours in few of my trips and they have held up pretty well so far. Also in my recent trip to foggy western ghats I felt the LEDs have an edge.
Old 20th July 2017, 16:04   #10562
BHPian

Folks, I have an issue.

In my Santro, usually the low beam works fine. But *sometimes* when I switch from high beam to low beam, or if I flash the lights, the passenger side light goes off. Note that this happens only in low beam. When this occurs, I have to keep driving in high beam, and I hate that because oncoming traffic hates me.

The workaround for this: keep flashing continuously or keep switching continuously from low beam to high beam, and within 8-10 tries it will power up again!

What might be the cause of this?
Old 20th July 2017, 17:19   #10563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
What might be the cause of this?
Looks like you left bulb holder is melted/burnt and hence malfunctioning.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:29   #10564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Looks like you left bulb holder is melted/burnt and hence malfunctioning.
In that case, the left headlight should never turn on. Right?
The way it comes back to life after switching low beam/high beam multiple times, I started to wonder if it has something to do with the switch/relay. Not sure though, as I'm noob in this area .
Old 20th July 2017, 17:34   #10565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
I would not be able to advice on any other setup other than LEDs.
Can you share the product details of the LED that you have installed?
Did you procure those from any online portals, if yes then please share that too.

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2017, 17:54   #10566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Can you share the product details of the LED that you have installed?
Did you procure those from any online portals, if yes then please share that too.

Cheers!
H7
Green-L LED Headlight Conversion Kit H7 Copper Heat Dissipation 90W 9000lm CREE XHP-50 Chips 6000k White Plug & Play (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F35B9JW..._NckCzbZH4KD5Z

H1
Green-L LED Headlight Conversion Kit H1 Copper Heat Dissipation 90W 9000lm CREE XHP-50 Chips 6000k White Plug & Play (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4VTR6U..._LdkCzb9RMVNDA

Or
LEADTOPS Car Led Car Headlight Kit - H7 - Socket 60W 6400LM Arc-Beam Driving Lamp Bulb External Fog Lights BJ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6B127I..._LfkCzbZHN060P

2PCS/SET Led Car Headlight Kit CREE H1 60W 6400LM Lamp Bulb Car External Fog Lights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZZH1AY..._igkCzbVEKFE0T

As long as they are fanless , its ok for Duster as Duster's headlight assembly has dust caps which you dont want to remove.

Last edited by ARAY : 20th July 2017 at 17:58.
Old 20th July 2017, 23:39   #10567
BHPian

Quote:
In that case, the left headlight should never turn on. Right?
I started to wonder if it has something to do with the switch/relay. Not sure though, as I'm noob in this area .
The switch and relay don't have separate outputs for left and right lights. They only have High-Beam and Low-Beam output. Normally the division for left and right happens after the relay, which is the final component before the headlamp. If the switch or relay are at fault then both right and left of High or Low beam will malfunction together.

Your issue seems to me like loose connection which most commonly occurs at the holder due to melting, burning etc. Or maybe rats are having a field day during the rains. The rat fraternity hold a Wire Munching Olympics every monsoon season. Worth a check...
Old 21st July 2017, 08:24   #10568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I have an issue.

In my Santro, usually the low beam works fine. But *sometimes* when I switch from high beam to low beam, or if I flash the lights, the passenger side light goes off. Note that this happens only in low beam. When this occurs, I have to keep driving in high beam, and I hate that because oncoming traffic hates me.

The workaround for this: keep flashing continuously or keep switching continuously from low beam to high beam, and within 8-10 tries it will power up again!
Since this is happening only on one side, lets start with the bulb. It could be a bulb whose filament is not conducting properly due to age. In such a case, the filament will dance inside the bulb assembly and when you switch on and off, it causes issue with the contact between the filament and supporting arm. Hence, the bulb will turn on and off. In simple words, I think its time for a new bulb. Since the high beam has been relatively less used in your case, its working fine.

Replace your bulb immediately. If the problem is not solved, then you might have to get the wiring and the fuses checked. I suspect this is just an age related issue and nothing should be wrong with the wiring as such unless there was some damage.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 08:43   #10569
Senior - BHPian

I want to replace our Xylo 1st Gen Headlight Assemblies as the Front Glass has deteriorated.

I came across this Depon Branded Headlight Assemblies for Xylo on partsbigboss.in

http://www.partsbigboss.in/head-lamp...rhs-depon.html
The cost of One Headlight Assembly of Depon on partsbigboss.in is Rs. 1785/- + Shipping.

The cost of One Headlight Assembly at M&M Authorised Spares Outlet is Rs. 3400/-

Is Depon Brand good in Quality?
In the Product Details, on partsbigboss, it is given
Quote:
DEPON has been one of the stalwarts of headlight manufacturers in the aftermarket auto-parts industry. Their headlights are made out of premium quality raw materials which do not fade even in harsh weather conditions and our built to last.
Which ones to go for?
Old 21st July 2017, 16:36   #10570
Senior - BHPian

Retrofit Projector Setup in 2011 VW Polo 1.6

So after a lot of deliberation, I finally took the plunge and upgraded my H4 halogen headlight setup to a H1 bi-xenon projector setup.
The work was done by Xenon Planet and we used their XP Mini Super V3 Projectors.

I am pretty happy with the over all work and the entire set up looks absolutely stock. The only problem I currently face is fogging in the headlight which I assume will clear off in due course of time. Here are some pics -
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-unit.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-off-close.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-off-full.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-close.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-full.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-darkness.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-low-beam-cut-off.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-high-beam-cut-off.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-fogging.jpg  

Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 18:38   #10571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Retrofit Projector Setup in 2011 VW Polo 1.6

So after a lot of deliberation, I finally took the plunge and upgraded my H4 halogen headlight setup to a H1 bi-xenon projector setup.
The work was done by Xenon Planet and we used their XP Mini Super V3 Projectors.

I am pretty happy with the over all work and the entire set up looks absolutely stock. The only problem I currently face is fogging in the headlight which I assume will clear off in due course of time. Here are some pics -
Sorry to be a party pooper, the alignment is OFF.

Fogging is due to moisture inside. Did you pressure wash the car within 2-3 days of the install or left it standing in the rain? If not, the resealing is not done properly.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 20:35   #10572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Sorry to be a party pooper, the alignment is OFF.
Alignment is not OFF, the 1st picture of the light throw says it is nearly perfect. If you are referring to the 2nd picture it is the high beam of the Bi-xenon.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:32   #10573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Alignment is not OFF, the 1st picture of the light throw says it is nearly perfect. If you are referring to the 2nd picture it is the high beam of the Bi-xenon.
RHS one is.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight-low-beam-cut-off.jpg
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 22:41   #10574
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen, can any of you identify the type of bulb shown in the picture? The holder design is also shown alongside. I am unable to identify or procure a spare bulb of this design.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20170721_223700.jpg
Old 22nd July 2017, 00:04   #10575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Gentlemen, can any of you identify the type of bulb shown in the picture?
Doesnt your owner's manual have the details of the bulb type ?

Most Viewed