Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 13:53   #10636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navtiwari View Post
I do share your concern and I have no intentions of making this a hazard for me or other road users. The first image with hyperspot focus close to the vehicle is not going to be the configuration I will be using, it is only for demonstration. The purpose of hyperspot is to throw light beam at distance and my intended use of this light is only for off road/no traffic situation.

I would also like to see it making a difference to driving in foggy conditions, being from NCR region I have hit that white wall with zero visibility on numerous occasion . I do not want to drive fast but hoping for the drive to be less stressful.
Sorry to inform you, but these 6000 K lights are absolutely useless during rains and foggy conditions. That white light cannot cut through the fog or rain and just get reflected from it. It's better if you find some amber or yellow covers which can change it into a yellower beam to gain better visibility during rains and fog. I have recently got a 10" Black Oak LED light bar- 100W 20 x 5W Osram LEDs from US and when I was testing it at Khandala ghat section on express way (4 am in the morning to be considerate to oncoming and other traffic), it just highlighted the fog even more. So do give it another thought before you get it in India.
T-Rex is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 02:54   #10637
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Guys, I am thinking of going for the Osram Night Breaker Laser H4 for my soon to be delivered Ford Figo. How is the performance? Any other better alternatives?
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:30   #10638
Senior - BHPian

I'll be getting a Rigid LED bar for my Fortuner but since these aux setups are theft prone I wanted to install it using anti-theft nuts (security nuts).

I came across the following type of nuts which look like they would do the job, any thoughts?

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B074W98T9S?_...=sr_1_8&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.in/Generic-Alloy-L...r_1_12&sr=8-12

http://www.amazon.in/M12x1-5mm-Chrom...=sr_1_5&sr=8-5
Old 27th August 2017, 03:50   #10639
BHPian

I got mine from here http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ngalore/.html/

These nuts appear a bit more discrete and not so obvious as the ones you've shared. Good Luck choosing either or. It is a shame that people just pinch these lights.
Old 27th August 2017, 09:14   #10640
BHPian

Any brand suggestions for AliExpress?
Thinking of replacing the foglights (H27W / 880) of 2014 Grand i10 with the LED ones, for better output.
I filtered the most ordered pair and found these :
Aliexpress LED fog lights

Need guidance.
Old 27th August 2017, 09:26   #10641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Any brand suggestions for AliExpress?
Thinking of replacing the foglights (H27W / 880) of 2014 Grand i10 with the LED ones, for better output.
I filtered the most ordered pair and found these :
Aliexpress LED fog lights

Need guidance.
Based on my experience with LED lights from china I would say that you will get an actual light output of 50-60% claimed.
Also it would be preferable to go in for bulbs that have a 4000K output as 6000K will get washed out in fog.
If there is any chance of your car wading though water do not do in for the fan cooled models as the ball bearings will get damaged. Solid or copper braid heatsinks may be better.
Do not use Aliexpress standard shipping. Go in for Chinapost registered airmail.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 14:59   #10642
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to add auxiliary lamps on my Aria to aid in night driving/rains/fogs.
I have shortlisted the below but not sure which ones would be the best. Due to the frontal design scheme of the Aria most lamps don't really gel well but since the low beam is so awful, I really don't have a choice.

1. KC Hilites
https://www.amazon.in/KC-HiLiTES-1452-Apollo-Integrated/dp/B006V7TG8I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1503990653&sr=8-7&keywords=KC+Hilites+auxiliary+lights+cars

2. Hella Rallye 4000FF
https://www.amazon.in/HELLA-H12560001-Rallye-4000-Black/dp/B0002M9SSQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1503998310&sr= 1-1&keywords=hella+rallye+4000+halogen

3. Hella 500FF Driving Lamp
https://www.amazon.in/Hella-Rallye-500FF-Driving-Lamp/dp/B00X3QQIO0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1503998355&sr= 1-1&keywords=hella+500FF+driving+lamp

4. Hella LED Light Bar 350
https://www.amazon.in/HELLA-958040521-Light-Dimming-Function/dp/B01BNF65P4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1503998436&sr= 1-2&keywords=hella+LED+lightbar+350

The 500FF is the cheapest among them all, I personally do not have any experience with any of them but have heard a lot about the 500FFs hence have kept it on the list.

From a looks perspective the KC and the Hella 4000 look swell, but how is the output of these lights, will it be an overkill.

The lightbar is the most expensive at roughly 20k INR but I feel this would fit best considering the looks of the vehicle. But then I see its rated at 6000K, which would translate to white light? Not sure if this would really serve the purpose during rainy/foggy conditions.

Are there any other lights or factors which I need to understand/explore before picking up something.

Cheers!
Trojan
Old 29th August 2017, 15:54   #10643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
I am planning to add auxiliary lamps on my Aria to aid in night driving/rains/fogs.
At what distance do you want the lighting ?

I am not sure if Fog lamps can help in rains, considering their intended coverage.

Btw, of these 4, I'd keep LED's the last - both for the illumination and the cost.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 16:20   #10644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
At what distance do you want the lighting ?

I am not sure if Fog lamps can help in rains, considering their intended coverage.

Btw, of these 4, I'd keep LED's the last - both for the illumination and the cost.
Thank you Condor.

The low beam is pathetic for the Aria, I am looking for something which will add to the low beam area and to complement the high beam in exceptionally dark areas (forests etc.)
At present during rains the low beam seem non-existent. Fog performance is satisfactory with the stock fog lamps.

So net net it should be powerful enough to light up the immediate and a bit further, especially in rains and unlit roads. I hope I have been able to clarify my requirements well enough.

Cheers
Trojan
Old 29th August 2017, 17:01   #10645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
The low beam is pathetic for the Aria, I am looking for something which will add to the low beam area and to complement the high beam in exceptionally dark areas (forests etc.)
Then fog lamps are not the one for you requirements. I suggest the 4000's or the KC's. I have used the 500FF driving, but was not very happy back then. But do remember that performance in rain & fog will not be great. But for your regular driving, these should be fine. Suggest to set focus to your preferred distance. Also, get the lamps that say "driving lamp" and not "fog lamp"
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 22:53   #10646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Guys, I am thinking of going for the Osram Night Breaker Laser H4 for my soon to be delivered Ford Figo. How is the performance? Any other better alternatives?
I have tried both Osram Nightbreaker and Philips x-treme vision. These may appear to throw better light after installation as you tend you install one side first and then switch on the car and then compare with the other side. The glow may appear to be brighter(whiter compared to yellowish halogen). But once taken on highway, they are pretty much useless on stock headlights. The visibility goes for a toss when there is yellow light on road from the oncoming traffic. In a standalone situation, where there is no other vehicle in site and absolute darkness around, these may appear to give better results than halogen. If you wish to use these inside city, these are at-par with halogen when it comes to road illumination.

After going through a lot of feedbacks both written and verbal on output enhancement of stock headlamps, I have decided to go with HID.I am sure you would opt for the same once you have researched enough.
baahubali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 12:55   #10647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Then fog lamps are not the one for you requirements. I suggest the 4000's or the KC's. I have used the 500FF driving, but was not very happy back then. But do remember that performance in rain & fog will not be great. But for your regular driving, these should be fine. Suggest to set focus to your preferred distance. Also, get the lamps that say "driving lamp" and not "fog lamp"
Thanks a ton Condor!

The KC which I had selected was a fog lamp. So need to search other models, which one of the below would be more suitable to my requirements and in terms of output

1. KC HiLiTES 121 SlimLite Black 130w Spot Beam Light System
https://www.amazon.in/KC-HiLiTES-121-SlimLite-System/dp/B0002CO9L2/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504072765&sr= 1-1&keywords=KC+Hilites+auxiliary+lights+driving+lam ps

2. KC HiLiTES 451 Apollo Pro 5" 55w Driving Light System
https://www.amazon.in/KC-HiLiTES-451-Apollo-Driving/dp/B006V7TCBY/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504072765&sr= 1-4&keywords=KC+Hilites+auxiliary+lights+driving+lam ps

3. KC HiLiTES 237 Daylighter Chrome 100w Spot Beam Light System
https://www.amazon.in/KC-HiLiTES-237-Daylighter-Chrome/dp/B0002CO9N0/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504072765&sr= 1-5&keywords=KC+Hilites+auxiliary+lights+driving+lam ps

Cheers,
Trojan

P.s. - I think I may have made an incorrect selection here, need to search only for 'driving' beam pattern, so with that option 1 and 3 become obsolete

Last edited by Trojan : 30th August 2017 at 13:00. Reason: added sentence
Old 30th August 2017, 14:51   #10648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Sorry to inform you, but these 6000 K lights are absolutely useless during rains and foggy conditions. That white light cannot cut through the fog or rain and just get reflected from it.
What else did you expect. I have HID fogs in my Civic at 2900K. I would have been even happier at 2700K. Remember normal Halogens are 5200K or so. Anything colder will only be worse.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 14:53   #10649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Anything colder will only be worse.
I feel using the 4300k bulbs are the best for all seasons. I find it equality good in rains too.

What say?
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 15:37   #10650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I feel using the 4300k bulbs are the best for all seasons. I find it equality good in rains too.

What say?
2700K is more Yellow, and is better suited for foggy conditions than 4300K which is warm white. The Professor was referring to conditions that necessitate the usage of proper fog lamps, and not just rains where a warm white would do.

And, "colder" is not meant in the literal sense - anything below 3000K is called Warm (white), 3000-4500K (IIRC) is Cool white, and above 4500K as Daylight. Colder than 5200K implies higher colour temperature

Last edited by silversteed : 30th August 2017 at 15:42.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks