Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:55   #331
BANNED

guys what is the cost of hella fog lamps the square type fog lamps.. i am planning to add them to my zen.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-365.html

this kind of fog lamps.......

Last edited by Rtech : 3rd May 2007 at 14:58.
Old 4th May 2007, 17:31   #332
BHPian

All,

Are there any recommendations for good driving lights for a Safari DICOR? I feel the Hella Rallye 4000 looks a tad big (Godfather has them). I have the following choices:

1. Hella FF1000 Halogen
2. PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Driving 85W
3. Delta Tech 500 Series (Delta Tech - Products) - I don't know how good these are but 100W halogen "Xenon" that I am not too fond of.
4. KC Hilites slimlites (Chrome Long Range SlimLite<br>System # 120)
5. Hella FF1000 Xenon, they're a bit too expensive for my taste (~US$850 for a pair)

I am not sure what the beampattern for 3 and 4 are. At this stage I am going to go for #2, but would appreciate any thoughts from experts.
Old 4th May 2007, 20:26   #333
BHPian

Fog lamps

Ram

I too was desperately searching for Fog lights for my Baleno, but was unable to source any till I visited J.C Road and found many after market fog lamps for Baleno (Exact Fit without any alteration) but the quality put me off all of them were priced at 700 to 1000 Rs, but to my luck I finally found a good set of fog lamps from LUMAX, build quilt is excellent and got the bulb changed to Hella, have taken a few pic of the lamp will post it if you are interested, my service is due on Tuesday so getting the lamps installed at the service center, will give you the review if they are good driving lights. The Fog lights will cost around 2300/- pair.

Cheers
Hellcat.
Old 5th May 2007, 11:46   #334
Team-BHP Support

With 130W for each bulb + headlights on you will be overloading your electrical system.
I think a HID with 35W for each bulb is a safer option.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:09   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
s0uljah,

in fact i have been hunting around for ideas for finding an old projector housing for a H7 6000K HID kit that I got from Germany.

i'm planning to fix them as accessory lighting
I had read the argument about HID kits and them being usless (blinding) without projectors I still havent quite understood yet, I will do some more reading.

So h3/h4 are regular hi/low lamps whereas h7/h11 are fog lamps (depending on manufacturer.) Whats the config for the swift?
Old 5th May 2007, 14:05   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I had read the argument about HID kits and them being usless (blinding) without projectors I still havent quite understood yet, I will do some more reading.

So h3/h4 are regular hi/low lamps whereas h7/h11 are fog lamps (depending on manufacturer.) Whats the config for the swift?
For the driver of the car HID lams are not useless. Even if the poorly designed reflect housing which was made for halogen is just passing about 1/2 of the intended light on road, that 1/2 is enough.
So for the driver its good. You see a lot. The problem is with oncoming traffic.
So when oncoming traffic is blinded they can do two things. Some people slow down to a crawl, since they cant see.
Some people with huge vehicles know that the blinding lights coming are smaller than them, but in their blind spot there may be something lurking which is bigger, so they choose the lesser of the two evils and come to your lane.
So either you switch off you headlights or go off road.
Old 5th May 2007, 21:41   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
With 130W for each bulb + headlights on you will be overloading your electrical system.
I think a HID with 35W for each bulb is a safer option.
The Hella FF1000 HIDs are great for visibility. Do you have any thoughts on the PIAA 520 Driving (85W)? Some guys I've talked to like them, but I am not sure about the range. I might eventually buy the Hella HIDs, but right now I can't justify the cost.
Old 5th May 2007, 21:49   #338
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ram , why dont you go in for the SGP fog lamps ?? They are really good and fit exactly in the space provided in the bumper .. But they are EXPENSIVE and worth every penny ..
Old 5th May 2007, 23:02   #339
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Am looking for a good lighting solution for a Lancer. I have changed back to stock headlights as the aftermarket ones were not giving adequate lighting. Now I feel the stock headlights with 55/60 W are inadequate, will try tweaking the focus but I feel it will be inadequate (maybe the Octavia has spoilt my habits). Is 90/100 W the only solution ? Would one need to change wiring & put relays or are JUST relays good enough ?. I think Hella driving lights are the best add-on solution, but have yet to see a Lancer with them, Has anyone used Hellas on their Lancers ? If yes details would be appreciated. Any other tried & tested solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:59   #340
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Rtech and tsk1979: Thank you very much for your inputs. I am sure that good Hella/Robert Bosch driving lights will really improve night driving visibility. So re-designing the plastic bumper cover seems unavoidable.

zakaaaaasss: Thanks for the Sienna bumper-cover picture. I will measure the slots and angles to determine suitability.

Hellcat: Would you share pictures of your lamps switched on and switched off? Thanks in advance.

mclaren1885: What is an SGP fog lamp? Do you have a pic?

Ram
Old 6th May 2007, 13:20   #341
Senior - BHPian

ram: someone on the forum had SGP ones dont remember now..!!

Here's revtech's Hella fog lamps
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-23.html
Old 6th May 2007, 13:23   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is an SGP fog lamp
SGP are Suzuki Genuine Parts, they cost 12k for a pair and are imported. You get them at all MUL spare shops.
Old 6th May 2007, 13:34   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
The Hella FF1000 HIDs are great for visibility. Do you have any thoughts on the PIAA 520 Driving (85W)? Some guys I've talked to like them, but I am not sure about the range. I might eventually buy the Hella HIDs, but right now I can't justify the cost.
Never used such a system to comment on them, but I do know that if your alternator get straddled by another 260W, your battery will be discharged rather than charged. So make sure the total power of your fog lamps dies not exceed 150W or whereabouts
Old 6th May 2007, 14:11   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For the driver of the car HID lams are not useless. Even if the poorly designed reflect housing which was made for halogen is just passing about 1/2 of the intended light on road, that 1/2 is enough.
problem is with oncoming traffic.
So what solutions have you guys used to make optimal use of the HID kits.. ?

Like in my previous post i have quoted GBPScars who say is it was next to impossible to source a projector...what are the folks here running aftermarket HID's doing ?

Quote:
Old 6th May 2007, 14:21   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what solutions have you guys used to make optimal use of the HID kits.. ?

what are the folks here running aftermarket HID's doing ?
Nothing, they are using them on the stock HL's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks