Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:25   #10786
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable suggestions. Will be mostly sticking to LED bulbs for now. I just had a few questions regarding the same:
1) Will heat sinking be required
2) Why do we use 4300k instead of a higher rating, will it provide sufficient lighting?
3) Any good brand suggestions for LED bulbs will also be highly appreciated
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:27   #10787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable suggestions. Will be mostly sticking to LED bulbs for now. I just had a few questions regarding the same:
1) Will heat sinking be required
2) Why do we use 4300k instead of a higher rating, will it provide sufficient lighting?
3) Any good brand suggestions for LED bulbs will also be highly appreciated
i) LEDs include heatsink
ii) 4300K is the colour temperature rating. Higher the colour temperature means the light is whiter. lower means yellower. It is not a a measure of light output. Light output is measured by lux/lumen.
iii) Philips or Osram is to look for but they are expensive.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 08:29   #10788
BHPian

Hey guys,
I want to replace my Stock interior bulb of my WagonR with an LED bulb. The stock bulb pic is in the link below. What type of bulb is it called and which is the best long lasting led bulb can I use?
https://ibb.co/kb1nSb
Many thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 5th November 2017 at 08:32.
Old 5th November 2017, 23:24   #10789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hey guys,
I want to replace my Stock interior bulb of my WagonR with an LED bulb. The stock bulb pic is in the link below. What type of bulb is it called and which is the best long lasting led bulb can I use?
https://ibb.co/kb1nSb
Many thanks,
Ramki
These are T10 base bulbs. There are multiple sizes for T10 base LEDs, you may want to first measure the size of the bulb and available space inside the dome light and buy accordingly.

Suggest to buy one like this which offers good light and has the flexibility.

If you are particular about getting a long lasting replacement LED, get a Philips or Osram one.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-41oipluietl.jpg  

Last edited by arjithin : 5th November 2017 at 23:26.
Old 6th November 2017, 14:51   #10790
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

I have a 2012 Hyundai i10 on which, I would like to install the Hella 550FF or something equally competitive. Thanks to the incompetent headlights on the car, the need for the upgrade is felt overtime someone directs their high beams towards the car.

Please note, I intend to mount the auxiliary lights either below or adjacent to the front number plate so as to get better throw of light on the road and not to blind oncoming vehicles.

Request your suggestions for any good place in Pune where I can source genuine Hella 500FFs at competitive prices and also a reliable and knowledgeable electrician / fitment shop where I can get this installed. Due to my medical challenges, it would not be possible for me to go to multiple places for the task.

Many thanks for your inputs.
Old 6th November 2017, 19:19   #10791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Auto View Post
I have a 2012 Hyundai i10 on which, I would like to install the Hella 550FF or something equally competitive. Thanks to the incompetent headlights on the car, the need for the upgrade is felt overtime someone directs their high beams towards the car.
Request your suggestions for any good place in Pune where I can source genuine Hella 500FFs at competitive prices and also a reliable and knowledgeable electrician / fitment shop where I can get this installed.
You can check out Car Cupid (At Pimple Saudagar and at Pashan), reliable chaps, they will also help you out with various options which may be possible to overcome the poor headlight (e.g. Led Bars, HID kits, Auxiliary Lamps etc.) The work is clean and fast.

Cheers,
Trojan
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 19:49   #10792
BHPian

Hi,
I will be visiting US in a month and was wondering what can I get from there for Vento (DEC 2010 model). Recently I am thinking about LED bulbs but not sure how it will work out.
Right now I have 90/100 Philips H4 bulbs with relay in my headlight.
1. Can LED be simply put instead of normal halogen.
2. Is protector mandatory?
3. If yes than how much a projector will cost?
4. Without projector how would LED be compared to my existing setup?
5. I know heating will not be a concern. Is there anything I need to check? Can all LED fit vento or I need to check for compatibility

Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 20:53   #10793

I have a 2016 model Skoda Rapid Black edition with Projector headlamps. The car is being used primarily on the highways and the only issue i have been facing is the head lights are really weak.
The bulbs i have in the headlight is H27 which i believe is normally used in fog lamps.
Do any of you have H27 bulbs in the headlamps?
Old 11th November 2017, 21:02   #10794
BHPian

Hello All, i am a newbie in this forum and have been following this thread quite closely. Today i went for a headlamp upgrade for my alto lxi. It was done at a neighborhood multi brand car workshop, the SA refused to provide the details of the headlamps that was fitted. I initially asked for Philips 100/90 bulbs but they got bulbs from osram with the same wattage and fitted it with the associated relay kit and wires. I observed that the new connections were linked to the battery directly. i have been driving around with the new set-up and saw that the throw has really improved. On my insistence that i needed to know the brand of the bulbs the SA said that there is nothing to worry and osram is a well known brand . Maybe he didn't know the actual specs as well. I would like to know if the osram bulbs are good enough for my upgrade needs. I got this done as i intend to embark on a road trip very soon.
Old 11th November 2017, 23:30   #10795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post

1. Can LED be simply put instead of normal halogen.
2. Is protector mandatory?
3. If yes than how much a projector will cost?
4. Without projector how would LED be compared to my existing setup?
5. I know heating will not be a concern. Is there anything I need to check? Can all LED fit vento or I need to check for compatibility.
In sequence, I've tried answering your questions.

1. Yes, you can but please be advised it's going to cause inconvenience to the opposing traffic. This will also put the user also in risk because of the glare caused to the onlookers and may even cause flash blindness that impairs the vision for a brief second which is dangerous.

I take you meant it as projector. Not necessary but if you could source a good projector, it's worth using it to have the lights being emitted from a controlled environment without having to worry of causing glare.

You can refer to the thread attached here. Our fellow bhpians have gone for either Morimoto Projectors or projectors sourced from XenonPlanet.

Performance will be good but it brings in some disadvantages with it as highlighted in #1.

LED's do heat up but is absorbed by a separate heat sink that draws in the heat caused by light emission within the setup. They are definitely far ahead in terms of technology and doesn't heat up like a halogen does. You need to check your user manual once for the bulb specification. I believe you should be going in for H4 setup. Please check on this point for bulb specification with fellow Vento owners in this forum or directly with your service station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Hello All, i am a newbie in this forum and have been following this thread quite closely
Firstly welcome to the group sandx. Wishing you a pleasant stay

Quote:
I would like to know if the osram bulbs are good enough for my upgrade needs. I got this done as i intend to embark on a road trip very soon.
OSRAM's are a very good product and is a good performance upgrade over the OEM bulbs. OSRAM and Philips are the major competitors in the market who run head to head in competition with their variety of products. You will surely notice the performance being on a higher side. They are known to be reliable as well.

Did the electrician use the relay kit? Because these are higher wattage over the OEM's and shouldn't cause unnecessary load to the battery since it carries higher current load. If you would like to know more about the use of relay, you can refer to the link from our very own forum.

Besides, I'm not sure if your reflectors will hold onto the strong emitting nature of the bulb as it tends to get dull with usage. Keep a watch on them.

Happy and safe driving!

Last edited by gururajrv : 11th November 2017 at 23:51.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 01:21   #10796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Did the electrician use the relay kit? Because these are higher wattage over the OEM's and shouldn't cause unnecessary load to the battery since it carries higher current load.
No offence, but relays don't reduce the current draw from the battery in any manner.
The total current draw from battery will still be the same irrespective of whether a relay is used or not.

Relay's actual purpose is not reducing the load off the battery but reducing the larger current flow through the car's thinner OE headlight wiring, stock OE headlight relays and headlight switch.
Relay is actually another heavy-duty switch itself, which we operate through the original headlight switch.

So by using a relay, we are actually bypassing the huge current flow from the OE wiring & switches to the relay and its associated heavy duty wiring-kit.

OE wiring and relays/switches may not handle such heavy current flow when using high power bulbs like 100/90 Rallys, which may shorten the life of OE switches and may also cause heating up or burning of wires in extreme cases.

Relay draws the current directly from the battery and the OE switch just needs to supply a relatively small signalling current to the relay for that purpose.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 23:53   #10797
BHPian

Hello,

I need a little help (rather advise) as I am trying to upgrade the headlight of my Eon to a H4 100/90W bulb along with a relay. Currently it has a H4 60/55W Philips Racing Vision.
I had called up Sachin's Autoshop in Bangalore and they told me that it cannot be done because the heat from a 100/90W bulb is not what the reflector can handle.
I want to know if this is true or if someone else has tried out such an upgrade on an Eon.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 13th November 2017, 14:24   #10798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post

Besides, I'm not sure if your reflectors will hold onto the strong emitting nature of the bulb as it tends to get dull with usage. Keep a watch on them.

Happy and safe driving!
Thanks gururajrv, i will go through the link definitely. The reflectors were one of my concerns, will watch out for any issues.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 18:25   #10799
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi everyone
I wanted to install HIDs in my Skoda Laura 2012 model in the low beams. Can anyone suggest good HID kits and also an installer in Delhi / Gurgaon to install them?
I am looking for genuine Osram / Philips kits in Canbus compatible variants with 4300 K CCT.
Any recommendations welcome!
Old 16th November 2017, 00:44   #10800
BHPian

This question might have been asked many times in this thread. I could find it once. I am planning to change the headlamps for my Fluidic Verna 2012. The current one seems to be very inadequate.

I read someone suggesting Philips Xtreme Vision to someone with some relay change also. I did not understand why some relay needs to be changed if the bulbs are of same 'W' (wattage)?

Anyways, please suggest me good headlamps and fog lamps too if they require change. All in all, I want a good night visibility. My use include regular night driving in city plus random highway driving too.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks