Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2018, 20:48   #11191
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I have been scouring AliExpress for the same but have not yet gone forward with it due to fear of losing warranty.
What do you have to say about this product:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/325466...ddresstype=600
The chips used are XHP50, which I gather are of latest tech and only second to XHP70, available in AE.
Old 10th September 2018, 17:17   #11192
Senior - BHPian

Re: :Frustrati:mad: Shoddy Work By Xenon Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So I am posting this around a year of getting the retrofit projector setup from Xenon Planet and today I was horrified to see how bad their install actually is. After the heavy rains yesterday in Mumbai, I was horrified to see the amount of condensation that has accumulated in my headlights. The reason of course is clearly a bad install done by Xenon Planet.

Remember, my headlights were opened thrice by Xenon Planet after the install to investigate a blowing fuse. The solution to the cause, which was due to the projector wire getting jammed between the reflector. The solution to this problem was given by someone I knew who installed my ICE and not by Xenon Planet. That is how bad their installer was. I knew this and informed Mr. Karan Fernandes who is their representative in Mumbai, but he claimed that their installer was good and that they have done more than 100 cars with no issues.

Anyway, I will let the pictures do the talking:
Quote:
Worst part is that I messaged Mr. Karan Fernandes to day, sent him the pics of my lights and asked him to advise me as to what is to be done. He told me that his installer has quit and that they haven't done installs in over 03 months; further saying that my case was some of the few 'unfortunate' cases.

In short - no choice but to live with it.

I have not only wasted money on this install but will now have lower lighting due to the foggy headlights.
Hello everyone,

So I had posted on this thread on 26th June 2018 about the issue of both my headlights fogging around a year after I retrofitted HID projectors on my 2011 VW Polo 1.6 through Xenon Planet. I had also mentioned that I had contacted the Mumbai representative Mr. Karan Fernandes and brought up this issue to him and was told that it was a rare case in their 100+ installs and that they can get it rectified by reopening and resealing the headlight or I live with it. The thing is that it is because of the multiple times they reopened/resealed my headlights that I am facing this issue in the first place. So basically Mr. Karan Fernandes basically put his hands up and technically my headlights have been ruined. Mind you, I had purchased a brand new set of headlights for this retrofit so that the outcome would be top notch.

On 26th June 2018 I get a WhatsApp message from Mr. Rajat Verma who is supposedly the owner of Xenon Planet asking me about the issue of moisture in my headlights which was updated to him by Mr. Karan Fernandes. Was asked to share pics of the fogged up headlights and was assured that they would rectify the same on priority. He offered to get the entire install redone with new headlights at their expense. The only help required from my end was to procure a brand new set of headlights from VW which would be reimbursed to me. I found this too good to be true but at the same time a fair deal. However, based on my past experience, I was still in two minds. I asked him about the installer and he told me that it has to be done through their Mumbai representative. I made it very clear that I do not want to deal with Mr. Karan Fernandes anymore as it was because of him and his installer that I am in this mess in the first place. After a lot of thought, I decided to give it a last shot but on one condition that; payment of the headlights to be transferred to my account first. This was mutually agreed.

Checked with my Authorised Service Centre and was given a quote of Rs. 8732 including GST for the set of headlights. They were in stock and so I blocked them for myself. The same was shared with Mr. Rajat Verma on 12th July 2018. I had to continuously follow up on the payment with Mr. Rajat Verma as the guys at VW were asking me about the same. It was only because of my good relations with the service centre that they continued to hold on to them. After following up for 04 days I finally received the payment of Rs. 8732 in my account on 17th July 2018. However, when I went to the service centre to purchase the headlights, I received an invoice of Rs. 8030. They had made some error in the quote. So I have an excess amount of Rs. 702 which I owe to Xenon Planet. The same was again shared with Mr. Rajat Verma and he said the same can be adjusted/refunded at the time of install. The only thing left now was to fix a day for the install.

My FIRST FOLLOW UP was on 23rd July 2018, I followed up with Mr. Rajat Verma again on the install date. I was told that Mr. Karan Fernandes was out of town and I will be updated once he is back.
My SECOND FOLLOW UP was on 30th July 2018 but go no reply to this.
My THIRD FOLLOW Up was on 31st July 2018 and was told that he has informed Mr. Karan Fernandes of the same and once he is back in town, we can confirm a date. No news after that.

On 09th August 2018 I get a message from Mr. Rajat Verma that Mr. Karan Fernandes is now in town and that I will hear from them shortly.
On 11th August 2018, I sent Mr. Rajat Verma a message asking if we can do the install on 17th August 2018 as I would be free on that day. I got an automated reply that they are closed for the weekend.
On 13th August 2018 I messaged Mr. Rajat Verma again to confirm whether we can do the install on 17th August 2018. No reply.
On 14th August 2018 I messaged Mr. Rajat Verma again reminding him that it’s been a month since purchase of the headlights but no news of an install date. Got a reply stating that he is awaiting notification from Mr. Karan Fernandes.

Received a message again that Mr. Karan Fernandes did not receive a consignment of Butyl Sealant and awaiting for the same and 15th August 2018 being a national holiday, no install can be done and I will be kept posted of the same.
On 23rd August 2018, I followed up again with Mr. Rajat Verma on the status on install and was told that installer was on leave and no installs are happening in Mumbai at the moment. No news after that.
On 04th September 2018 I get a message from Mr. Rajat Verma that Mr. Karan Fernandes has quit the Xenon Planet team and that they are now looking for an installer and they will revert once they find one. This has been the last communication so far.

I am now stuck with fogging headlights with projectors on my car and a new set of headlights (paid by Xenon Planet) at my house. I am not sure how to take this forward. Its been 2.5 months and there is no sign of Xenon Planet rectifying my issue.

Should I continue to wait or should I look for a good independent installer in Mumbai (would need your help with this too) and get the job done?

Need help and suggestions on the above situation.

Last edited by Epic : 10th September 2018 at 17:40.
Epic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 19:21   #11193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I continue to wait or should I look for a good independent installer in Mumbai (would need your help with this too) and get the job done?

Need help and suggestions on the above situation.
Does not make any sense to keep running after them for 3 months or so, when the intention towards you is clearly lacking. If I were you, I would cut my loses and simply move on and find another trusted shop.
Old 10th September 2018, 19:58   #11194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Does not make any sense to keep running after them for 3 months or so, when the intention towards you is clearly lacking. If I were you, I would cut my loses and simply move on and find another trusted shop.
The question is, do you know any shop like this?

Most installers are connected to some brand or the other and will install projectors of their brand only.
Old 10th September 2018, 21:36   #11195
Senior - BHPian

What bulb upgrades in terms of wattage and brand ina new Polo GT.

And where can I get them in South Bombay.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th September 2018, 08:22   #11196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do check this dude. Met him in another forum and he does custom headlight conversions. Few BHPians have had him work on the headlights too. His name is Vinit.

Ph no - 9820306441
email vinit.mirpuri@gmail.com

Not sure if he is using the same number. It's been some 4-5 years now and not sure whether he still does these headlight conversions. If not, he may be able to suggest any shop.
Old 11th September 2018, 09:44   #11197
BHPian

Any one who's got a decent upgrade to the horrible Ciaz headlights?? I have the Philips Extreme Vision bulbs (high/low/fog), but still the intensity and throw is very mediocre

Any suggestions?? any LED with a yellow tint? Not a great fan of the whitish lights..
Old 11th September 2018, 11:29   #11198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Do check this dude. Met him in another forum and he does custom headlight conversions. Few BHPians have had him work on the headlights too. His name is Vinit.

Ph no - 9820306441
email vinit.mirpuri@gmail.com

Not sure if he is using the same number. It's been some 4-5 years now and not sure whether he still does these headlight conversions. If not, he may be able to suggest any shop.
Hey Naveen,

Thank you so much for the lead. I spoke to Mr. Vinit and understood that he is part of the Sainath Auto Ultimate store in Khar. Being a Bandra boy myself, I know that this store has existed since years. He mentioned that his regular charges for installation is Rs. 3000, but this install requiring opening up 02 sets of headlights + getting the job done at my residence would cost me a whooping 7k!

Paid Xenon Planet around 30k for the entire setup.
Paid another 3k for a new Morimoto harness.
Xenon Planet paid 8k for a new set of headlights.
I will pay 7k for a re-install.
Old 11th September 2018, 13:50   #11199
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am thinking to install Xenon bulbs in high beam barrel of Innova Crysta. I would like to regarding which brand should I prefer and what all things do I need to replace ?
Old 11th September 2018, 14:16   #11200
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naveen,

Thank you so much for the lead. I spoke to Mr. Vinit and understood that he is part of the Sainath Auto Ultimate store in Khar. Being a Bandra boy myself, I know that this store has existed since years. He mentioned that his regular charges for installation is Rs. 3000, but this install requiring opening up 02 sets of headlights + getting the job done at my residence would cost me a whooping 7k!
Considering the job involved, it does seem a fair amount. What you you mean by Morimoto harness? Did you get their ballasts or the wires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
Hello everyone,

I am thinking to install Xenon bulbs in high beam barrel of Innova Crysta. I would like to regarding which brand should I prefer and what all things do I need to replace ?
Please refrain from using HID/Xenon bulbs in high beam. They take time to warm up and will not be as effective.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:35   #11201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He mentioned that his regular charges for installation is Rs. 3000, but this install requiring opening up 02 sets of headlights + getting the job done at my residence would cost me a whooping 7k!
Good to hear that he still does these. Do try pointing out my name (Naveen from TAI/TBHP). Not sure if he still remembers me. Let's see if that triggers a discount (I had few BHPians get work done from him) .
Old 11th September 2018, 17:23   #11202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Considering the job involved, it does seem a fair amount. What you you mean by Morimoto harness? Did you get their ballasts or the wires?
So when the fuses kept shorting in my car, Xenon Planet blamed it on a bad relay on their wiring harness. They changed the wiring harness too and it continued to short. But they seemed to be sure its the harness. I then went ahead and bought a Morimoto harness. No improvement. I then got my own electrician and it was he who identified the shorting in the projector.

So currently everything is of Xenon Planet except the wiring harness. But I have no regrets on buying the Morimoto harness as it is of a much better quality than the one supplied by Xenon Planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Good to hear that he still does these. Do try pointing out my name (Naveen from TAI/TBHP). Not sure if he still remembers me. Let's see if that triggers a discount (I had few BHPians get work done from him) .
Yes I had mentioned your name and he remembers you from TBHP. Not sure if the rate quoted was a discounted one.
Old 11th September 2018, 19:55   #11203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Most installers are connected to some brand or the other and will install projectors of their brand only.
I think the fact that they paid 8k does show their intention to get this rectified. Yes agreed, it is taking time but if they actually donot have installers little can be done. Why don't you ship the headlights to them and they will ship you back post install. Suggesting the same since these are not the ones on your car. A few of my friend's did that from Kolkata and are very happy with the install. They had no headlight assemblies on their cars for a 4-5 days.

It would cost you much less than 7k for shipping. Before they had installers that's how they operated as well. They continue to do that for areas where they donot have installers.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 11th September 2018 at 20:07.
Old 11th September 2018, 22:11   #11204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I had posted on this thread on 26th June 2018 about the issue of both my headlights fogging around a year after I retrofitted HID projectors on my 2011 VW Polo 1.6 through Xenon Planet.
Quote:
On 04th September 2018 I get a message from Mr. Rajat Verma that Mr. Karan Fernandes has quit the Xenon Planet team and that they are now looking for an installer and they will revert once they find one. This has been the last communication so far.
Man, appreciate your patience dealing with Xenon Planet. Does Rajat think customers are fools? Story as usual, installer has quit / fired blah blah.

Quote:
I am now stuck with fogging headlights with projectors on my car and a new set of headlights (paid by Xenon Planet) at my house. I am not sure how to take this forward. Its been 2.5 months and there is no sign of Xenon Planet rectifying my issue.
I also have same Mini Super setup from Xenon Planet in my Baleno. Yes, there is moisture. But I am living with it. The output has also diminished and the projector beam is bowing a lot at edges. Xenon Planet just sells Chinese projectors with minor tweaking to give that extra blue colour in cut off .

You are lucky to get at least 8k refund for shoddy installation. My electrical warranty was void and new harness would cost around 30k. Rajat from Xenon Planet just blocked me (a paying customer) for asking for refund for damages + invoice copy. My advice, please stay away from Rajat and Xenon Planet. Find a good installer and go for good quality projectors like Morimoto .
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 11:28   #11205
BHPian

12 CSP led bulb

Has anyone tried this type of bulb?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ceBeautifyAB=0

It has got 12 csp led's per bulb compared to the usual 6. So theoretically, it should have more even 360* coverage, more wattage and should mimic halogen better as well. Looks like it is fairly new as there are not many orders.

I currently have the left headlight high beam bulb (H11) changed to XHP50 LED and retained the right as Halogen, as the LED just does not have the focus/range of Halogen. LED makes up for the range by the sheer amount of light on the road.

Gears,
Red-One.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks