Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 02:33   #406

Hi there

Can one of you out help me out, where can I get some Hella Luminators Driving, Spot, and Fog amps and Micro DE's need 2prs each and how much are they going for
Old 25th May 2007, 08:08   #407
BHPian

Can someone suggest good place in and around gurgaon for philips genuine headlight bulbs?
Old 25th May 2007, 11:25   #408
Team-BHP Support

Kelvin rating
2500 = Yellow
3000-5000 = White(changing from yellowish tinge to bluish)
6000K bluish white
8000K = Blue territory
10000K+ now you are talking violet.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:33   #409
Senior - BHPian

hmm...here is one with real colours in it...

Old 25th May 2007, 14:33   #410
Senior - BHPian

I had expressed doubts about upgrading my wagon R head lamps few times before, there was also a shortlisting and conclusion that reached Osram silverstar or Philips vision plus both falling in the 55/65 watts H4 category. I remember there were few posts here mentioning of dipper function that blows out the head lamp while high beam/low beam is used in the nite. Please give me an idea if it applies to the H4 bulbs or was it an issue with other series bulbs ? Presently, I have not yet decided if I need 55/65 of philips vision plus (white light) or upgrade to 100 watts rally (white light). The service centre I approached claims 100 Watts purely within legal limits. I have no clue whats reality now. Comments appreciated.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:04   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
my 130/110 bulbs have again failed .
There has got to be something wrong in the equipment or wiring. I have been running 130/100 in my OHC for 4 years now with no problems. Only minor issue as that the high beam fuse in the relay went bust in the first week.

I used Phillips bulbs, PMP relay and Roots ceramic holders.

PS: I aimed them bit low than usual so as to not even accidentally blind anyone. I drive most of the time on low beam. The improved lighting for both city and highway driving has been a boon; and once anyone experiences this kind of lighting, they will never go back.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 25th May 2007, 22:38   #412
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded my Swift headlamps with Hella bulbs (100/90) and bosch relay. What are Ceramic Holders, he(dealer) didnot put any and whats their use.

I wanted to put white/blue light in parking but the dealer is telling me that its is not RTO approved. Any kind of bulb with mercury is not permitted even white, how far is it true?
Old 27th May 2007, 16:31   #413
BHPian

Quote:
I upgraded my Swift headlamps with Hella bulbs (100/90)
I have heard it voids the warranty if there is any cut made in the wiring. So how is it down without voiding the warranty?
Old 27th May 2007, 20:26   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I have heard it voids the warranty if there is any cut made in the wiring. So how is it down without voiding the warranty?
No cutting the wires, its a direct plug and play cutout from Bosch so no warranty issues.
Old 27th May 2007, 20:45   #415
BHPian

For me the dealer has suggested and changed the wiring. Of course without voiding warranty. I use Phillips Bluevision 100/90 bulbs in my SWIFT.
Old 28th May 2007, 01:55   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
For me the dealer has suggested and changed the wiring. Of course without voiding warranty. I use Phillips Bluevision 100/90 bulbs in my SWIFT.

How is blue vision on the Swift in City and highway?
Old 28th May 2007, 12:28   #417
Senior - BHPian

Reply Appreciated !

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
Hi buddy, I am very eager to know about your 100/90 bulb performance in the city as well as highway. Any known issues with cops ? Is it actually within legal limits ? Please share your ideas with details of price, relay, holder material (stock or ceramic) etc. I would prefer to go for the same for my wagon R. Will be doing it as soon as I hear from you. Wagon R stock bulbs are hopeless for city and highway. Its as equal as holding a candle and walking across the forest.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:01   #418
Senior - BHPian

xenon controversy

So my friend wants to go for some Xenons on his zen, currently he uses 100/90 philips for headlamps and has no fogs.

Driving is 60% city and 40% highway (weekend to coorg and back).

Since he wants white/blue lighting and something suitable for the highway I have suggested :
*Crystal/Bluevision 100/90 or Narva for headlamp
and
*Xenons for the Fogs (considering they are blinding without projectors in the headlamps)

Are genuine xenons as fog lamps RELIABLE for highway driving?

This would give a best of both worlds i reckon.
Old 28th May 2007, 22:17   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
So my friend wants to go for some Xenons on his zen, currently he uses 100/90 philips for headlamps and has no fogs.

Driving is 60% city and 40% highway (weekend to coorg and back).

Since he wants white/blue lighting and something suitable for the highway I have suggested :
*Crystal/Bluevision 100/90 or Narva for headlamp
and
*Xenons for the Fogs (considering they are blinding without projectors in the headlamps)

Are genuine xenons as fog lamps RELIABLE for highway driving?

This would give a best of both worlds i reckon.
The xenon fogs would light things up nicely for him, yes, but they would still blind the drivers on the other side of the road without the proper projectors. I actually was one of the unfortunate victims tonight itself on my home from work!
Xenon fog lamp kits (with the projectors) are available. An option is the Hella Micro DE (Hella Micro DE Fog Lamp and Xenon HID Driving Lamp)
This is a tad expensive though. You could search around for something cheaper.
You could also look at the powerful halogen fog lamps that are available at cheaper rates. I don't know the names, but I'm sure they have been mentioned on this thread itself. They do a pretty nice job (the stock fogs on the NHC Vtec for example are very good).
Old 28th May 2007, 22:23   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The xenon fogs would light things up nicely for him, yes, but they would still blind the drivers on the other side of the road without the proper projectors. I actually was one of the unfortunate victims tonight itself on my home from work!
Hmmm, I assumed it would have a lower throw and hence not be as bad as xenon headlamps. You faced fogs or regular lamps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks