Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 22:27   #11476
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibir Mudai View Post
In the video the fog lamps cutoff seems to be much sloping upwards at the distance walls. It is also high for something mounted so low and it will definitely cause glare to oncoming traffic until they reach very near your vehicle. It will only be worse once your vehicle is loaded as fog lamps do not have leveling feature.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 18th June 2019 at 22:37.
Old 19th June 2019, 00:46   #11477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
In the video the fog lamps cutoff seems to be much sloping upwards at the distance walls. It is also high for something mounted so low and it will definitely cause glare to oncoming traffic until they reach very near your vehicle. It will only be worse once your vehicle is loaded as fog lamps do not have leveling feature.

Yes, your observation is right. In S-Cross, the fog projectors sits low and I have tried aligning it low but the beam ended abruptly after 30-40 metres beyond which there was no usable light. It was bit of struggle to get that sweet spot of desired beam length, without causing glare to oncoming traffic.
With the current alignment, I am getting a very good range of the light. There is no glare till 50-60 metres but beyond 80-100 metres, there is bit of glare only on the line of beam, with a reduced intensity though. There's no problem when fog lamps are used in a two way lane and also in a City like Bengaluru, I rarely get a line of sight till 100 metres as it's mostly congested with traffic. So usually, there's no problem but yes, I am careful about it and use the fog lamps diligently.
Old 21st June 2019, 09:34   #11478
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere on this thread but I can't seem to find it. Can someone help me out with the fog lamp bulbs for the Skoda Laura? I'm fairly confident that it's either H8 or H11 - but not sure which one.

Thanks for your help!
Old 21st June 2019, 10:13   #11479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere on this thread but I can't seem to find it. Can someone help me out with the fog lamp bulbs for the Skoda Laura? I'm fairly confident that it's either H8 or H11 - but not sure which one.

Thanks for your help!
It is H8 in the Fog Lamps. Do check the bulb physically once before ordering as I did it on mine quite some time back!
To access the fog lamps, you need to pop out the insert in the Front grill lower part (plastic piece) and then unclip the fog lamp from the inside, Then the fog lamp unit can be pulled out and you can replace the bulb easily.

See this video which shows the process:
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 22:20   #11480
BHPian

Does anyone know any stores with a Beam Setter box in Hyderabad?
Old 4th July 2019, 22:24   #11481
BHPian

Query: New Headlight and foglamp setup for my '14 Innova

Hello Bhpians,

I currently own an '14 Toyota Innova GX and I am totally unstatisfied with the output of the stock headlamps and foglamps. I have decided to go for for an all led setup for the headlamps and hid setup with projectors for the foglamps. I have finalised the shinolyn projectors with h11 bulbs from Aliexpress. The stock foglamp bulb type is h8 , so will I need a relay harness for changing the bulbs from h8 to h11 for the hid setup?. I will be making the whole purchase from the site itself. So, please advise me keeping the same in mind. Also which led bulbs should i get for the headlamps? Will the the new setup cause an extra load on the battery? Please advice me in this issue as I am a total newbie in auto lighting section

Thanking in advance,
EK

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2019 at 22:56. Reason: Please SEARCH before creating new threads on topics extensively discussed before + removing unwanted font styles.
Old 7th July 2019, 00:54   #11482
BHPian

Re: Query: New Headlight and foglamp setup for my '14 Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvliner22 View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I currently own an '14 Toyota Innova GX and I am totally unstatisfied with the output of the stock headlamps and foglamps. I have decided to go for for an all led setup for the headlamps and hid setup with projectors for the foglamps. I have finalised the shinolyn projectors with h11 bulbs from Aliexpress. The stock foglamp bulb type is h8 , so will I need a relay harness for changing the bulbs from h8 to h11 for the hid setup?. I will be making the whole purchase from the site itself. So, please advise me keeping the same in mind. Also which led bulbs should i get for the headlamps? Will the the new setup cause an extra load on the battery? Please advice me in this issue as I am a total newbie in auto lighting section

Thanking in advance,
EK
Why are you upgrading to projectors for fog lamps? Any specific reason? IMHO, Projectors aren't really necessary for fog lamps. Then again, it's a subjective matter. For the headlights, you can go for HID of the same wattage as your stock halogen and LED for the high-beams, same wattage as your high beam again. If you maintain the same wattage as the bulbs you are replacing, no additional strain on the battery.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 01:09   #11483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Why are you upgrading to projectors for fog lamps? Any specific reason? IMHO, Projectors aren't really necessary for fog lamps. Then again, it's a subjective matter. For the headlights, you can go for HID of the same wattage as your stock halogen and LED for the high-beams, same wattage as your high beam again. If you maintain the same wattage as the bulbs you are replacing, no additional strain on the battery.
Thank you for your inputs brother. The reason I am going for projectors is for better spread and visibility. I think HID kit in the headlamps without projectors might blind the oncoming traffic? Moreover Innova comes with a h4 dual filament bulb. Hence the bulb for high beam and low beam is the same. If supposedly I put 6000k led bulbs in the headlamp as well as the fog lamps without the projectors, would the outcome be better?

Last edited by Revvliner22 : 7th July 2019 at 01:12.
Old 7th July 2019, 01:12   #11484
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your inputs brother. The reason I am going for projectors is for better spread and visibility. I think HID kit in the headlamps without projectors might blind the oncoming traffic? Moreover Innova comes with a h4 dual filament bulb. Hence the bulb for high beam and low beam is the same.
The fog lamps sit pretty low. Adjust their beam and you should be fine I think. If it's a H4, then fo for LED. I'm personally using Opt-7 Brand LED bulbs. I previously had the same bulbs on my Vento and since I upgraded to HID + Projectors, I'm now using the same bulbs on my Jetta. They're pretty good.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 01:16   #11485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
The fog lamps sit pretty low. Adjust their beam and you should be fine I think. If it's a H4, then fo for LED. I'm personally using Opt-7 Brand LED bulbs. I previously had the same bulbs on my Vento and since I upgraded to HID + Projectors, I'm now using the same bulbs on my Jetta. They're pretty good.
In comparison, a fog lamp with projectors and hid be better than a fog lamp with led? For the headlamp I have decide to go with led only.
Old 8th July 2019, 10:36   #11486
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

Thanking in advance,
EK
Projectors will work better if retrofitted in the main headlamps. Fog lamp projectors will not have as good a output as they are too low, if you adjust them to throw light ahead they will just cause glare. Foglamps are not meant to have distance lighting, its only to light up the immediate area around the car in front.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 11:57   #11487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In comparison, a fog lamp with projectors and hid be better than a fog lamp with led? For the headlamp I have decide to go with led only.
I would suggest you go for LED bulbs in the fog lamps. Would make a significant difference in the fog output.

As for the H4 headlamps, go for good quality Morimoto projectors and a professional installation. It will cost more but you will get what you paid for. If you are not willing to spend more on projectors and installation i would suggest you install a good pair of H4 LED's and see the results before putting more money on the setup.

PS: Stick to 4300K light color .
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 14:16   #11488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would suggest you go for LED bulbs in the fog lamps. Would make a significant difference in the fog output.

As for the H4 headlamps, go for good quality Morimoto projectors and a professional installation. It will cost more but you will get what you paid for. If you are not willing to spend more on projectors and installation i would suggest you install a good pair of H4 LED's and see the results before putting more money on the setup.

PS: Stick to 4300K light color .
Hello,
Thank you for your inputs on the same. I would surely try an all led setup before switching to projectors.
P.s- Any specific reason to stick to 4300k?
Old 8th July 2019, 14:20   #11489
BHPian

Quote:
Projectors will work better if retrofitted in the main headlamps. Fog lamp projectors will not have as good a output as they are too low, if you adjust them to throw light ahead they will just cause glare. Foglamps are not meant to have distance lighting, its only to light up the immediate area around the car in front.
Hello,
Thank you for inputs. I would surely check all the possibilities for the oncoming glare before fitting any thing.
Old 8th July 2019, 14:37   #11490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

LEDs in the fog lamps will surely improve the illumination but will also cause too much glare for the oncoming traffic. I do not think it is a good option.

Quote:

I am using fog projectors in my Aspire and so far, I am highly impressed with the output I am getting from these. It does illuminate a large area ahead and has made my life really easy while driving during the late hours. I agree that there is no match to projectors fitted in the headlight but I think fog projectors along with a good HID kit will always be superior than the LEDs in fog lamps.

Most Viewed