Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 21:15   #11536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Came across Hella 60mm module projector fog lights. Amazon says it will fit in my Santro Xing. Any experience regarding this particular set of fog light?
Attachment 1903139
I have installed this to my Safari Storm. (jugad fit)

Its a high beam module.. works great.

But use a relay/wiring kit for it.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-wp_20180808_14_15_54_pro-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-wp_20180808_14_16_09_pro-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-wp_20180808_14_16_14_pro-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20180807_173139519-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20180807_173149941-medium.jpg
jeepster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 00:14   #11537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
I have installed this to my Safari Storm. (jugad fit)

Its a high beam module.. works great.

But use a relay/wiring kit for it.
Hi Jeepster,
Could you please post a pic showing just these Hella lights in action.
With 4 spots in the front, you still felt the need for these?
Regards,
SS
Old 5th September 2019, 12:04   #11538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Jeepster,
Could you please post a pic showing just these Hella lights in action.
With 4 spots in the front, you still felt the need for these?
Regards,
SS
The Black vehicle is my XenonXT shown just for comparison of 90mm module with 4 Hella 700ff. (i was thinking to replace 700ffs with high beam module + hid )
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-wp_20170519_09_28_52_pro-small.jpg
Dont have pis of lights in action as they are not working now. (safari had a small accident last month)
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20190826_16071760501-small.jpeg
Ill post pics one i reconnect them.
jeepster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 22:50   #11539
BHPian

Hey Jeepster,

That's one mean looking Xenon you got there. Would not want to see this looming in my rear view mirror.

Sorry to hear about the Safari. Hope nothing serious.

When you get a chance, please post a pic of the Hella lights only. Reviews on Amazon are not great. Chrome peeling off etc. Are you facing the same?

Thanks a ton.
Cheers,
SS
Old 6th September 2019, 17:36   #11540
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone changed the Fog Lamps to Projector Fog Lamps on the 4th Gen City? Looking for some recommendations.

I checked the following option from Blaze India - it is a 3.0 inch Projector Fog with 55W HID Bulb >> URL

There is also a similar one from UGlare as well. Any comments/recommendations welcome...
Old 7th September 2019, 16:17   #11541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Has anyone changed the Fog Lamps to Projector Fog Lamps on the 4th Gen City? Looking for some recommendations.

I checked the following option from Blaze India - it is a 3.0 inch Projector Fog with 55W HID Bulb >> URL

There is also a similar one from UGlare as well. Any comments/recommendations welcome...
Hello, I do not own City but can give you a review of these projectors as I have them installed in my Tiago. All of these products are basically imported from China and you can find them on AliExpress if you just search IPHCAR. They are very good and definitely worth your money. Blaze India offers a very good service and I found their prices to be among the lowest in the market. Also, please get proper wiring with relay done in your car with high beam of fogs connected to your headlight's high beam, most installers skip this part(even mine and I am yet to get it sorted).

Last edited by shivamk11 : 7th September 2019 at 16:19.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 21:44   #11542
BHPian

Hi All

One of my friends has a 2013 model Hyundai Elantra and is looking to upgrade the lights. As I checked online for User Manual, the car has H11 55w (low beam) and H1 55w (high beam) bulbs with normal reflector setup. Can anyone suggest should he go for a higher wattage bulb or led? If higher wattage then how high he can go that would not damage the reflectors?

regards​​​​​​​
Old 8th September 2019, 00:47   #11543
BHPian

Hello
I recently swapped the headlights in my Tiago with the ones in Tigor which have a projector setup for low beam. I've also changed the bulb in low beam to HID setup which has a 45W bulb and 55W ballast. The high beam reflector is running Philips XtremeVision Plus 55W bulb. Is there a chance that this HID kit can damage the projectors or headlights? I can't really afford to have some damage afflicted to it in anyway. The stock bulbs were also both 55W.
Old 8th September 2019, 17:48   #11544
BHPian

Does anybody have an insight on what to upgrade to, from the LED package on BMW 320D (F30) LCI? I feel the power output is way too less and thereby affects visibility. Additionally, what tint has the least affect on LED output?
Old 12th September 2019, 14:36   #11545
BHPian

I found my Endeavours stock headlamps very inadequate. I have the 3.2 Trend which had halogens on both the projector low beams and the reflector type high beams. I replaced the stock low beam bulbs with Osram Xenarc 4200k H11 HIDs soon after I brought her home and there was a vast difference. High beams were replaced with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimiteds. Although there was a slight improvement, highway driving was still a nightmare. I could never see my own beam in opposing traffic. I have recently replaced them with Nightbreaker Lasers and they are excellent. I have posted my feedback in this thread for anyone who may be interested:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4653453 (Ford Endeavour : Official Review)

A few fellow Bhpians have replaced their stock H8 35w halogen fog lamps with H11 55w bulbs and have reported zero issues with the increased wattage. I have also replaced the H8s with H11s. The H11s require a slight modification to go into the H8 holders. I did not have the right tools to do the job, as I found out when I started out. So, for the benefit of others who may want to do a similar mod, I am posting a short procedure below.

The only difference between an H8 and H11, apart from the wattage, lies in their locking tabs. The top metal locking tab of an H11 bulb needs to be filed or ground to match the width of the top tab of an H8 bulb. The other 2 tabs need not be touched. If you have the right tools, it's a 5 minute job. Because the metal tab is so close to the plastic base, hand filing it is very difficult without damaging the plastic. A Dremel kit is the best for the job.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20190912_130016.jpg

If you don't have a Dremel kit, you can buy a similar grinding stone,as above, which can be fitted on a regular electric drill and will do the job just as well. They come in different sizes and shapes and cost about Rs.25 a piece. You can buy them from shops that sell machine tools like drills and grinders. Please do wear some kind of eye protection before grinding.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20190912_142005.jpg

The above tab needs to be filed/ground to approximately the same size as that of an H8 bulb. Remove the rubber seal from the bulb before grinding to avoid damaging it. In the photo, it has been ground already.

Last edited by SCORPION : 12th September 2019 at 14:37.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 08:27   #11546
BHPian

Corolla Altis of 2010.

One of the Lo beam (which is a D4R) bulb is found to be broken and therefore the pair need to be replaced. Can I safely use a Halogen instead of this D4R? I am not impressed with its night duties as such as I am unable to spot potholes.

The Hi beam are Halogens which I am using extensively as of now. If I cannot use them as a replacement to the stock D4R, how do I make the stock ones effective? Whether cleaning of headlight assembly solve my issue?
Old 13th September 2019, 10:11   #11547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Corolla Altis of 2010.

One of the Lo beam (which is a D4R) bulb is found to be broken and therefore the pair need to be replaced. Can I safely use a Halogen instead of this D4R? I am not impressed with its night duties as such as I am unable to spot potholes.

The Hi beam are Halogens which I am using extensively as of now. If I cannot use them as a replacement to the stock D4R, how do I make the stock ones effective? Whether cleaning of headlight assembly solve my issue?
Altis headlight assembly is designed for D4R which is a HID bulb designed for reflector use. You cannot change to halogen bulb as there is no compatible bulb.

Only way to change to halogen is to change the headlight housing to the one on the G variant vs the GL. G uses halogen bulbs with a different bulb holder as well as reflector design.

They aren't great in rain but you don't have much of a choice. They are also self levelled with sensors front and rear of the car.

Which also means you cannot swap out the whole cluster as you will lose levelling. Lower G model has manual levelling.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 12:31   #11548
Senior - BHPian

Model: Santro Xing 2008 manufactured

Surprising, but true, My Santro has not asked for battery change so far. It is still running with stock battery that came while new purchase. The car starts normally, all lights and electricals are functioning normally.

Issue: Some 2-3 weeks back, on a weekend, I was on a long drive and in the evening dark, switched on headlights, but it was not turning ON. It was 7 PM and getting dark. Destination was another 2 hours drive. I was like

Drove for another 20 KMs and it was complete dark on NH4 near Hiriyur Toll. Was about to stop the car and look for help. But, after paying the toll, when I started, it was probably, in 3rd gear and hence, Engine went off. I removed the Key from the slot, slotted again and started the car.

The Car started with Headlights ON

This, I started seeing as a trend since last 3 weeks. When I am driving, if I switch Headlights ON, it wont turn ON. If I restart the car by removing the key and reinserting, it will turn ON

Question: is this any issue related to low battery ? Or is it something else ?

Please suggest

Last edited by gkveda : 20th September 2019 at 12:34.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:25   #11549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Model: Santro Xing 2008 manufactured

Surprising, but true, My Santro has not asked for battery change so far. It is still running with stock battery that came while new purchase. The car starts normally, all lights and electricals are functioning normally.

Issue: Some 2-3 weeks back, on a weekend, I was on a long drive and in the evening dark, switched on headlights, but it was not turning ON. It was 7 PM and getting dark. Destination was another 2 hours drive. I was like

Drove for another 20 KMs and it was complete dark on NH4 near Hiriyur Toll. Was about to stop the car and look for help. But, after paying the toll, when I started, it was probably, in 3rd gear and hence, Engine went off. I removed the Key from the slot, slotted again and started the car.

The Car started with Headlights ON

This, I started seeing as a trend since last 3 weeks. When I am driving, if I switch Headlights ON, it wont turn ON. If I restart the car by removing the key and reinserting, it will turn ON

Question: is this any issue related to low battery ? Or is it something else ?

Please suggest

Symptoms are of a sticky relay. Get the headlamp relay replaced. Also check if the head lamp fuses is corroded . If yes, replace. Should not take you more than half hour at HASS
Old 24th September 2019, 20:20   #11550
BHPian

Model - Polo GT TSI - 2019 Feb, Bangalore

I want to change the existing headlight unit to projector headlamps. I have read through the options the members have gone through, like OEM DIY, xenonplanet etc. I am not inclined for DIY considering the complexity. Any pointers in Bangalore where i can get it replaced? Evo doesn't seem to have favourable opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks