Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:00   #11761

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi guys, I have a 2013 W8 XUV500. I wanted to know if OSRAM NB Laser are any better in terms of throw and longevity as compared to the OEM bulbs?
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:57   #11762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hello Friends. I would like to know if I can replace my 2012 Verna's halogen headlights with the 2019 Verna's projector headlights with minor electrical modifications. From the pictures, they kind of look similar in shape.

If anyone has a first hand experience in this would be immensely helpful. Thanks.
Check the connector port on both the headlamps. If same then it will be plug and play
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:14   #11763
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends. I would like to know if I can replace my 2012 Verna's halogen headlights with the 2019 Verna's projector headlights with minor electrical modifications. From the pictures, they kind of look similar in shape.
So you have this..

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1359d120ac0e41a996b1d51fe389a94b.jpeg

..and are wondering if this (2019) would fit:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-224d541384874575878741ce937e8729.jpeg

The answer is an obvious no. Unless you’re talking about the actual projector lens, in which case you’re better off installing aftermarket ones, say Morimoto etc.

A better solution would be to swap out your existing headlights for those on the updated Verna (NOT the facelifted 2015 4S).

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-756720e7a0b244f8a97b0452a0cb1f4e.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-14ebaf2e7ff049948cfbe2e33e80ebbb.jpeg

The car on the left is the one you’re taking the headlights from; the other is the facelifted 4S.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:04   #11764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Check the connector port on both the headlamps. If same then it will be plug and play
No, I was wondering about the actual headlights. Can they be interchanged with the 2019 ones. The wiring can be spliced and connected somehow.

TheHelix has said No as it's pretty obvious from the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post

The answer is an obvious no. Unless you’re talking about the actual projector lens, in which case you’re better off installing aftermarket ones, say Morimoto etc.

A better solution would be to swap out your existing headlights for those on the updated Verna (NOT the facelifted 2015 4S).

The car on the left is the one you’re taking the headlights from; the other is the facelifted 4S.
Thank you so much for the pictures. It's pretty clear that they can't be interchanged.

So I can interchange 2014 4S projector headlights with my Halogen headlight assembly right ?
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:16   #11765
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for the pictures. It's pretty clear that they can't be interchanged.
So I can interchange 2014 4S projector headlights with my Halogen headlight assembly right ?
The car on the left isn’t the 4S (that’s the one on the right), but an updated version of your model of the Verna. Its headlights would be a direct fit. The 4S is different, as you could see from the pic.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:46   #11766
Distinguished - BHPian

That model Verna is not that common, It was the SX Option pack, with LED DRL and projectors. I found it on boodmo now that we are discussing it here - it costs a bomb for the spare part!! Best to do surgery on the existing headlamp assembly and fit a projector inside it.

link :

https://oriparts.com/8/80/283/455857

OT : This model Verna costs quite a lot in the used car market as well (more than its competitors by a long way), something we realized when we were on the hunt for a used one sometime last year.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:57   #11767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
The car on the left isn’t the 4S (that’s the one on the right), but an updated version of your model of the Verna. Its headlights would be a direct fit. The 4S is different, as you could see from the pic.
Yes thank you so much. I'll try to get it from the used market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
That model Verna is not that common, It was the SX Option pack, with LED DRL and projectors. I found it on boodmo now that we are discussing it here - it costs a bomb for the spare part!! Best to do surgery on the existing headlamp assembly and fit a projector inside it.

link :

https://oriparts.com/8/80/283/455857

OT : This model Verna costs quite a lot in the used car market as well (more than its competitors by a long way), something we realized when we were on the hunt for a used one sometime last year.
Yes I checked it out too. It's around 68,000 Rs which is insane but we can get it cheap from the used market(hopefully).

OT : Actually I always felt Verna's resale was poor, that's why I didn't sell it.
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:20   #11768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes I checked it out too. It's around 68,000 Rs which is insane but we can get it cheap from the used market(hopefully).

OT : Actually I always felt Verna's resale was poor, that's why I didn't sell it.
Why don't you get replacement Projector headlights from aftermarket. These are some options:
http://www.mxsmotosport.com/hyundai-373/verna-fluidic-
Mxsmotorsport is a Delhi based importer who has lots of options of headlight assemblies of cars. Do check out the options there. Set of 2 is around 28-30k and these are direct fit

Last edited by Behemoth : 22nd June 2020 at 19:23.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:38   #11769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Worth a try but hard to find as the model variant is rather rare.

I guess city driving wont be a problem with stock ones as long as its in good shape and proper alignment. For highways, the SXO projector also wont be much good, even the newer models are not that great either.

Why not get Aux lighting like Hella Blackmagic? I have seen new BMWs having them, I`m sure its owners have tried everything possible before getting that one fitted for highway use.
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:58   #11770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Why don't you get replacement Projector headlights from aftermarket. These are some options:
http://www.mxsmotosport.com/hyundai-373/verna-fluidic-
Mxsmotorsport is a Delhi based importer who has lots of options of headlight assemblies of cars. Do check out the options there. Set of 2 is around 28-30k and these are direct fit
I am doubtful

1) About their quality , what kind of bulbs or ballast are they using. If they are going to get ruined after a year, again it is an extra expense. OEM projectors will last a long time and all we have to do is change the bulbs.

2) How will it look on the car ? This is very important, I love OEM looks and don't want the car to look like a ricer just because of the lights.

Like the lights on the Audi A4 , looks natural and gels with the car, but these lights might look too attractive making the whole car(Verna) dull. I'm not sure if you are understanding what I am trying to say here but if it looks natural and gels with the design of the car I can go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Worth a try but hard to find as the model variant is rather rare.

I guess city driving wont be a problem with stock ones as long as its in good shape and proper alignment. For highways, the SXO projector also wont be much good, even the newer models are not that great either.

Why not get Aux lighting like Hella Blackmagic? I have seen new BMWs having them, I`m sure its owners have tried everything possible before getting that one fitted for highway use.
Oh ok, I am satisfied with my lights output as I'm using higher output bulbs with the help of a relay. Same can be done for the projectors also. I just like the OEM look of the projectors so thought of upgrading.
Old 24th June 2020, 18:19   #11771
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
I have a 2013 Corolla Altis VL-AT which has HID for low beams and regular halogens for high beams. The HID's are great when driving on roads without street lights but they get lost in most other conditions especially rains. I also love the way they auto level after getting switched on.

I am thinking of upgrading the high beams bulbs with that of higher wattage 90/100 and a relay. Can anything be done for the low beams? I am not too keen on projectors as I am not comfortable opening up the headlights. I read somewhere that I swap the HID bulbs with 9005/9006 halogens, will have to dig a little bit more on this. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th June 2020, 17:59   #11772
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

So I am in the process of upgrading my current aftermarket projector setup in my 2011 VW Polo 1.6 Petrol. I currently have the Xenon Planet XP Mini Super V3 Projectors which with H1 HID bulbs.

I am however not really happy with the output anymore. I can say that I believe the output is diminishing with time and I believe it is due to the poor quality / defective projectors.

I was thinking of going in for the Morimotos until I came across Hella projectors from a company called Blaze India. They deal primarily in AES projectors and claim that AES manufacture for premium brands. Not sure if this is true of not. However, they also have the premium Hella projectors which are superior to AES. The entire kit costs almost half of what the Morimotos would. I am given to understand that Morimotos are re-branded AES projectors. is this true?

Does anyone have experience with the Hella Projectors or with Blaze India and their products? Is it worth getting projectors from them or should I go in for Morimotos?

Last edited by Epic : 26th June 2020 at 18:04.
Old 26th June 2020, 19:28   #11773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello all,
I have a 2013 Corolla Altis VL-AT which has HID for low beams and regular halogens for high beams. The HID's are great when driving on roads without street lights but they get lost in most other conditions especially rains. I also love the way they auto level after getting switched on.

I am thinking of upgrading the high beams bulbs with that of higher wattage 90/100 and a relay. Can anything be done for the low beams? I am not too keen on projectors as I am not comfortable opening up the headlights. I read somewhere that I swap the HID bulbs with 9005/9006 halogens, will have to dig a little bit more on this. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
If you are using HIDs right now in low beam reflectors - please get rid of them. It is illegal & you are taking a big risk by blinding oncoming traffic. I suggest you put standard 55W halognes in low as well as high beams & then install bixenon projector fog lights down below. This will solve all your problems and make your rides safer.
If you have projectors in low beam but aren't happy with the performance in rains - what colour temperature HIDs are you using? If its the white 5500K or higher ones - they are not too good in rains. Try 4200 or 4300K bulbs. They'll make a huge difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I am however not really happy with the output anymore. I can say that I believe the output is diminishing with time and I believe it is due to the poor quality / defective projectors.
It might be ageing ballasts & bulbs instead. I suggest you replace them first.
Quote:
I was thinking of going in for the Morimotos until I came across Hella projectors from a company called Blaze India. They deal primarily in AES projectors and claim that AES manufacture for premium brands. Not sure if this is true of not. However, they also have the premium Hella projectors which are superior to AES. The entire kit costs almost half of what the Morimotos would. I am given to understand that Morimotos are re-branded AES projectors. is this true? Does anyone have experience with the Hella Projectors or with Blaze India and their products? Is it worth getting projectors from them or should I go in for Morimotos?
Blaze India is one of the currently most recognized 3rd party supplier in our market for Chinese sourced projector and HID setups. IPHCar etc for example.

If you want to replace the main headlamp lighting by installing projectors there, please go with Morimoto. They are the best. For bi-xenon projector fog lights, IPHCar is generally more than enough.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th June 2020 at 19:31.
Old 26th June 2020, 20:07   #11774
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

So I am in the process of upgrading my current aftermarket projector setup in my 2011 VW Polo 1.6 Petrol. I currently have the Xenon Planet XP Mini Super V3 Projectors which with H1 HID bulbs.

I was thinking of going in for the Morimotos until I came across Hella projectors from a company called Blaze India.

Does anyone have experience with the Hella Projectors or with Blaze India and their products? Is it worth getting projectors from them or should I go in for Morimotos?
I've been running morimoto D2S's (35w 4.0's) for quite a while and for me personally I think they're worth every penny. If you're not in a hurry, I suggest waiting for Black Friday and buying them off theretrofitsource.com.

On a side note, if you're looking at morimotos, I suggest checking out the MLED 2.0. They sure do give the D2S 5.0's a run for their money!

If you're choosing to stick to the HID route, check these out
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/35...s-B-PHOUSE-D2S

35w Low beam 50w High beam ballasts, it give you the best of both sides. Bulb longevity and full intensity when needed.(well, almost, theres about 5w left on the table but comes close )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you are using HIDs right now in low beam reflectors - please get rid of them. It is illegal & you are taking a big risk by blinding oncoming traffic.

The 2013 Altis, the "V" variants specifically came factory fitted with HID bulbs in reflectors, designed for HID bulbs and with factory fitted headlamp washers.

I've seen quite a few of these "V" variants on the road and trust me they are easily distinguishable that they are HID's and they caused no glare whatsoever.

If the reflector bowl is designed for HID bulbs, its not going to cause a hinderance to oncoming vehicles which is the case here. Fitting HID's in a reflector designed for halogens is not recommended, such instances is when it becomes a nuisance.
One:1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 21:46   #11775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
The 2013 Altis, the "V" variants specifically came factory fitted with HID bulbs in reflectors, designed for HID bulbs and with factory fitted headlamp washers.
Alright! I had missed that one. Thanks for enlightening (pun intended ). Did you try changing the bulbs to a yellower temperature? Or they are already yellow? It makes a big difference in monsoons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks