Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 07:48   #11926
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Anyone knows where I can source this online or in Pune/Mumbai? Thanks!

For sample - this is what I really want - Link : Amazon.in Product listing
Not sure about the authenticity of the seller, you can try COD if available. But the brand of relay seems to be from US.

https://www.desertcart.in/products/9...ta-head-lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Nope, working fine without a relay. I checked with an electrician nearby, he said that modern day car electric cables are supporting higher wattages.
I would advise against not using an additional relay. The wires are designed to carry 55w, even though they can carry 80w asking them to carry the load for longer time is highly unsafe. This is exactly what causes fire because the wire core starts to over heat and melts the insulation causing fire. Not that I'm trying to scare you, but better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by ramharis : 3rd December 2020 at 07:55. Reason: Adding additional comments
ramharis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 17:36   #11927
BHPian

Hi team,

I need a small clarification regarding the bulb type for the fog projector lamp housing in the Hyundai Grand I10 NIOS as I am planning for a LED/HID upgrade in the near future.

I have attached the snapshot from the manual here :

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-i10-nios-bulbs.jpg.jpg

As you can see, the bulb type is mentioned as "51W". But I couldn't find any bulb of that type when googling neither could I verify it visually as the housing is hidden behind the bumper(I'm pretty inexperienced in automobiles. I verified the headlamps though. They are HB3).

Can anyone confirm the bulb type for the fog projector housing and if it's indeed 51W or something like HB3/HB4 etc?

Thanks in advance!

@Mods - I had posted this in the thread "Comprehensive guide for LED headlight upgrades", but I haven't got any response till now. Hence, the repost as this thread is much more active. Please delete my post from the aforementioned thread if reposting is not allowed
Old 4th December 2020, 12:30   #11928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Hi team,

I need a small clarification regarding the bulb type for the fog projector lamp housing in the Hyundai Grand I10 NIOS as I am planning for a LED/HID upgrade in the near future.
HB4 sounds right. When you mean fog projector, you mean just the fog lamps ? if you are planning to upgrade to projector lights, it does not matter what bulb type you currently use. As most of the aftermarket projectors use H11.
If you do a lot of night driving, consider upgrading to Bi-Xenon HID Projectors, a good set will improve visibility a lot. Unless your car is under warranty, in which case refrain from upgrades as they will void warranty.
Old 4th December 2020, 12:47   #11929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
HB4 sounds right. When you mean fog projector, you mean just the fog lamps ? if you are planning to upgrade to projector lights, it does not matter what bulb type you currently use. As most of the aftermarket projectors use H11.
If you do a lot of night driving, consider upgrading to Bi-Xenon HID Projectors, a good set will improve visibility a lot. Unless your car is under warranty, in which case refrain from upgrades as they will void warranty.
Hi Ramharis, Thank you for your suggestion. I meant the fog lamps only.

As the housing is already a projector setup, I am planning to upgrade the lamps to HID as LED has still issues with air circulation, dust cap alteration etc and heighten the focus abit as the default halogen setup is very weak. i will be doing ~30mins of night driving under poor lighting conditions.

My car is ~1 year old only. It still has 3 years of warranty left. I thought this upgrade won't affect the warranty as most HIDs are 35w and the existing bulb as per the manual is 51w. Is there any way in which I can upgrade the lighting without affecting the warranty(I am not planning on upgrading it to a higher wattage bulb like 110w/120w for example)?
Old 4th December 2020, 13:23   #11930
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ramharis, Thank you for your suggestion. I meant the fog lamps only.

As the housing is already a projector setup, I am planning to upgrade the lamps to HID as LED has still issues with air circulation, dust cap alteration etc and heighten the focus abit as the default halogen setup is very weak. i will be doing ~30mins of night driving under poor lighting conditions.
Just checked the pics of the car, I wasn't aware that Hyundai have started providing projectors in fog too. Anyway, I think HB3 are for low beams and HB4 for high beams. So my advise, try removing the bulb and look for the model printed on it. Then purchase accordingly. Osram does produce HB3 and is available in Amazon.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 20:06   #11931
BHPian

Is there any reliable FNG and auto accessories shop in Jabalpur? I want to upgrade my stock headlights to a 100/90 setup.
Old 6th December 2020, 07:56   #11932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the bulb type for the fog projector housing and if it's indeed 51W or something like HB3/HB4 etc?

Thanks in advance!
It is HB4 type. Please refer post #11821 for details shared by another BHPian to a similar query I had posted.

Plug and play HID kit is another option for those projector foglamps. Few Seltos owners have done this upgrade though I haven't tried my hands on it.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 10:03   #11933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
The bulbs used in these fog projectors are HB4 type.
The stock fuse is 15A for fog lamps in these cars; so no issue with regards to electrical supply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It is HB4 type. Please refer post #11821 for details shared by another BHPian to a similar query I had posted.

Plug and play HID kit is another option for those projector foglamps. Few Seltos owners have done this upgrade though I haven't tried my hands on it.
Thank you Ashis and Surya.

But is there any way to modify them without voiding the warranty(confirmed with SVC that any modifications to the wiring will void the warranty)? and voiding as in complete warranty will be void or only the electronics of the car will be void and engine warranty will still remain?
I still have 3 years of warranty left.

Also, can we adjust fog lamp height? like the headlight? because currently they're focused just above ankle level. I wish it could be 3-4 inches higher(around or below the knee)
Old 6th December 2020, 10:41   #11934
BHPian

Quote:

But is there any way to modify them without voiding the warranty(confirmed with SVC that any modifications to the wiring will void the warranty)? and voiding as in complete warranty will be void or only the electronics of the car will be void and engine warranty will still remain?
I still have 3 years of warranty left.

Also, can we adjust fog lamp height? like the headlight? because currently they're focused just above ankle level. I wish it could be 3-4 inches higher(around or below the knee)
Hi, the only way to increase the illumination of fog lamps is by getting the product listed below. Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force HB4 bulbs. Se wattage as stock; but with xenon gas; so gives extra brightness.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phi...headlight-bulb

Also, for increasing the aiming height of the fog lamp; visit the service centre; lift the car on a ramp and see if a screw exists on either side of the fog lamp as pictured below.

If so; you can adjust it. Or else; not possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1607231507653.jpg  

Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 12:18   #11935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the only way to increase the illumination of fog lamps is by getting the product listed below. Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force HB4 bulbs. Se wattage as stock; but with xenon gas; so gives extra brightness.

This is a normal halogen bulb, Xenon /HID is a different technology and needs additional hardware to function.
Old 6th December 2020, 12:37   #11936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
This is a normal halogen bulb, Xenon /HID is a different technology and needs additional hardware to function.
Agreed. My typing mistake.

This bulb apparently has the following engineering advancements included (as advertised by Philips in their website) - optimised high-precision filament geometry, up to 13 bar high-pressure gas filling, high-precision coating and high-quality UV-Quartz glass.

I am using the same product variant but with H4 bulb spec in my 2017 Pre-Facelift Ecosport. And, the lighting improvement can be seen by naked eye. Same is the case with H1, H7 & H11 bulbs in my cousin's Facelift Ecosport.

So, am confident it will give a good improvement in lighting without affecting warranty. Hence my suggestion.
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 12:54   #11937
BHPian

The Seltos LED set up might look good but it is utter garbage for Highway drives.

It is also a serious safety hazard. Want to upgrade, but have no clue on how to go about it and need advice
Stribog is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 14:46   #11938
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the only way to increase the illumination of fog lamps is by getting the product listed below. Philips Xtreme Vision G-Force HB4 bulbs.

Also, for increasing the aiming height of the fog lamp; visit the service centre
Thank you. I have my service due this month and I will check for the screws then. And as far I've heard about Philips Xtreme variants of the bulbs are very unreliable. But looks like that's the only solution as of now without voiding the warranty.
Old 6th December 2020, 15:05   #11939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
The Seltos LED set up might look good but it is utter garbage for Highway drives.

It is also a serious safety hazard. Want to upgrade, but have no clue on how to go about it and need advice
I will suggest you to take Hella 470 LED Light Bar at the location highlighted in the attached photo.

You can power it using a custom 12v socket modification (as shown in the attached picture) and route the wiring to your dashboard.

This way; you can power it up (takes 35w) without splicing wires and voiding your warranty.

Also; you can get original Hella stone shield in two separate colours to match your requirement (clear cover for normal and yellow cover for rains /fog). This shield will protect your light bar from any potential damage.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0792PHPGD/..._7hkZFbG1HR4BC
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1607246865465.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1607247270091.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1607247280659.jpg  

Old 6th December 2020, 16:05   #11940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Install HID kit in the headlights. That will be a plug and play upgrade and can be undone anytime without any impact on the warranty. Only damage would be a drill on the dust cap of the stock headlights which you can replace in case you want to revert to stock setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks