Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2021, 20:34   #12106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post

I upgraded with a relay kit with 4 micro relays and 4 fuses. 1 relay and 1 fuse for each beam so if a fuse blows, I will still have 1 working light. If there are only 2 relays, you will lose light on both sides.

The voltage at the headlights showed only 12V before and 13,2V after the upgrade.
Multi relay setup is a good idea, should try it sometime. In my case I'm using the stock wiring and 55/60 Philips INR 100 Rs bulb, the headlamp assembly is 7 years old but the light output is fantastic - blitzes through the night, I have not measured the voltage at the terminals but one of these days I should and see if a relay set up can make it better.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 16:46   #12107
BHPian

Got some time during the weekend to install the Hella headlight harness and the Osram Rallyeye 100/90w bulbs.

To be honest, the light output is not a big an upgrade as I thought it would be. This is probably down to my lack of experience but I was just expecting ...well more.

One question that I do have is where should i connect the relay in the engine bay? I am thinking of just bolting them into one of the empty holes in the engine bay. It is zip tied as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20210802_164552.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2021, 17:03   #12108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Got some time during the weekend to install the Hella headlight harness and the Osram Rallyeye 100/90w bulbs.

To be honest, the light output is not a big an upgrade as I thought it would be. This is probably down to my lack of experience but I was just expecting ...well more.

One question that I do have is where should i connect the relay in the engine bay? I am thinking of just bolting them into one of the empty holes in the engine bay. It is zip tied as of now.
The reflector design is not very good. But if there is haziness in the headlamp assembly, you may want to polish it well to make it as clear as it can be, as well as make sure the reflector inside is nice and bright. These are important and will make a lot of difference in an older vehicle. Zip tie works, just fine to secure it someplace.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 18:04   #12109
BHPian

I am considering a bulb upgrade for my XUV300. The stock throw is not good enough for my taste. I don't do pitch black night runs very often, but occasionally(maybe twice a month or so) do need to do the late evening to early night highway runs (100-200km). So need something brighter.

Low beam: Projector: H7.
High beam: Reflector: H1.

Was considering going with Philips LEDs after someone over at the XUV thread had done this.

Though a local car accessories dealer also said they have Blaupunkt bulbs?! I didn't even know Blaupunkt made automobile headlight bulbs. Any reviews on those?

I would prefer to get it done at an auto-center, because I don't want to mess around with the installation even though it is supposed be straight-forward.

All recommendations would be welcome.
Old 8th August 2021, 09:52   #12110
BHPian

After some further research on LED interactions with traditional reflectors and projectors, and the resulting beam pattern issues, I am now considering with halogens instead.

No point in getting a brighter LED if it's going to end up having dark spots here n there.
Old 8th August 2021, 12:06   #12111
Senior - BHPian

I have a Ford Ecosport S TDCI (July 2018), and the warranty duration has just ended. I am thinking of upgrading the high beam of the car to LED setup. Actually, I am pretty satisfied with the light output, since the HID has a strong spread and intensity, and more than makes up for the average halogen high beam. However, I would prefer the setup to be completely white, and currently when I switch on the high beam, it gives a 70% white + 30% Yellowish look for the light output as well as someone looking directly at the headlamp. Looking for suggestions on upgrade.

Objectives are simple-
Should have a complete whitish light output. Would be better, if it also works well in rains.
Enhanced high beam throw is a given.
Should not blind the oncoming traffic.
Should not affect the battery/existing HID in any negative manner.
Budget = 5K. Can stretch 1-2K more if it's worth it.
Old 8th August 2021, 12:39   #12112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
After some further research on LED interactions with traditional reflectors and projectors, and the resulting beam pattern issues, I am now considering with halogens instead.

No point in getting a brighter LED if it's going to end up having dark spots here n there.
80W H7 and H1 are available, use a relay kit to ensure it does not put additional load on the stock wiring. Use only non-premium bulbs , as in the original line of Osram or the vision line of Philips of suitable wattage , the night breaker and what not is just a waste of money.
Old 8th August 2021, 13:24   #12113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
80W H7 and H1 are available, use a relay kit to ensure it does not put additional load on the stock wiring. Use only non-premium bulbs , as in the original line of Osram or the vision line of Philips of suitable wattage , the night breaker and what not is just a waste of money.
So the bulb + relay kit you're recommend, halogens?

Also, I was looking to preferably just swap out the bulbs without making any additional changes.
That is why I was considering going with LEDs, to bump up the brightness without requiring any other changes.

Thoughts?
Old 8th August 2021, 14:09   #12114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
So the bulb + relay kit you're recommend, halogens?

Also, I was looking to preferably just swap out the bulbs without making any additional changes.
That is why I was considering going with LEDs, to bump up the brightness without requiring any other changes.

Thoughts?
Yes , for halogen reflector / projector that is the only option. You can retrofit LED and HID projector into the existing headlamp assembly, but that would involve disassembly, resealing etc. There are some small firms that does this routinely, I am not sure of the durability of such installation , nevertheless it exists.

An LED swap into halogen reflector is not a good idea.
Old 10th August 2021, 04:23   #12115
BANNED

So I am looking for product suggestions since I am unable to find anything on Amazon to my liking -

1. Mini lights to mount in the corners of the Gypsy windshield just above the bonnet where the A pillar rises to light the sides around the front tyres. I hate white lights with color temp touching 6000k and above or the pseudo yellow filtered lights so I am looking for halogens only.

2. Footwell lights deep red not those stupidly long flexible strips just something like a 6” l.e.d strip

3. Underbody lights diffused that I want to trigger only when door opens

Thanks for your inputs on these.
Old 14th August 2021, 20:23   #12116
BHPian

Does anyone know how much the 9-array LED setup in Honda City ZX (5th Gen) cost? I contacted the sales consultant at one of the Honda showrooms, but he has no clue. Has anyone got the VX setup swapped with the ZX ones?
Old 15th August 2021, 23:49   #12117
BHPian

Hello lighting experts!
Please help me. I'm wanting to upgrades my stock H11 and H8 bulbs of my 4 th Gen 2.4 AWD CR-V, to something more suitable for night time Highway drives where I feel the stocks leave a lot to be desired. However, without affecting anything that can disturb the stock setup (unwanted check engine lights etc popping up)
Should I go for LEDs, or a simple swap with halogens from Sylvania/osram is s good idea?
I quite liked something like this
Help me!
Old 22nd August 2021, 23:55   #12118
BHPian

Looking for the guidance of the experts. Our eight year old beast safari storme needs headlight upgrades. The area I belong to has dark non-illuminated roads with cattle’s on road. The headlight from the opposite cars too create a problem specially in the rainy season.
The stock setup consists of H7 (55w) in headlight and H3 (55w) in fog lamps.
What are the options that I can look forward too. Pls guide with brands, preferably plug and play due to inexperienced help available here.
Also what would be advisable- to change the bulbs or shift to HID/LED (considering projectors in headlights).
Old 26th August 2021, 22:11   #12119
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Update on the FE Retrofit's H7 HID kit on my Skoda Rapid. While the light output is fantastic, the customer service is equally pathetic. I have mentioned my issues in the post below. Hence, I am ticking that off from my recommendations.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5134802
Tuisha110HP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 23:23   #12120
BHPian

Folks, very basic question. I have a H7 55W halogen setup in my Honda City VX (5th gen). Can I just replace the halogen bulb with a LED bulb of the same wattage and specifications, without changing anything else else? I’m looking to get the light to be white in colour, hence the need to change. Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks