Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 16:31   #12241
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi guys, i am looking for getting my Grand i10 installed with Gog Projector kits. Please share any good references in Bengaluru who can do a good Job?
Contacted XenonPlanet but their response is poor.
Standard Fog projectors available in market will not fit the grand i10. You can put good Led bulbs inside current fog assembly for slightly better output or go DIY route for installing projectors.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 17:08   #12242

Team
I have the Hella Rallye Black Magic lamps installed on my Thar and I need to replace one of the stone shield covers on them. I saw this online but the specific shield that says it is compatible with the Black Magic seems to have just one groove on it. My lamps need covers with 2 grooves so as to fit well. Is there a website from where i can procure this? I have attached the pic of what I am looking for.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Old 31st December 2021, 00:46   #12243
BHPian

Cross-posting from the SCross thread:

have a strong need to upgrade the headlamps on my facelift S-Cross. I'm pretty happy with the beam spread but the reach is unsatisfactory and I do not feel comfortable at speeds above 60-70kph on highways. I want an upgrade in the most unintrusive and cost effective way. I also want to make it clear that I'm all for function over form and aesthetics do not matrer.

I have shortlisted below options so far:
Osram Nightbreaker Laser Next Gen (NBLNG henceforth) H7 and for low beam NBLNG H11 bulbs for high beam.
Osram 45210 LEDs for low beam and NBLNG H11 for high beam.
Osram 80w H7s halogens for low beam and Minda 70w H11 halogens for high beam.

No brand affinity as such, but I've had a positive experience with Osram NB Unlimited H4 on my motorcycle. It was a definite improvement over stock and lasted over 5 years so I'm assuming the NB Lasers would be even better as they are 2 generations more advanced.

Feedback and suggestions welcomed.
Old 31st December 2021, 10:10   #12244
BHPian

Orsram NB Laser would be a bad decision in my opinion as the beam is scattered and not pointed and hence visibility at night especially on highways is going to be a real challenge. Recently I upgraded my stock Polo highbeam headlights to NB Laser and I am thoroughly disappointed.
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 10:37   #12245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfanwithk750 View Post
Cross-posting from the SCross thread:

have a strong need to upgrade the headlamps on my facelift S-Cross. I'm pretty happy with the beam spread but the reach is unsatisfactory and I do not feel comfortable at speeds above 60-70kph on highways. I want an upgrade in the most unintrusive and cost effective way. I also want to make it clear that I'm all for function over form and aesthetics do not matrer.

Feedback and suggestions welcomed.
As someone who own a S-Cross Delta 2019 variant and recently upgraded his lighting, I should be able to strongly suggest you to go for this Osram DH11 HID bulbs.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You would be aware S-Cross Delta variant does not come with fog lamps and the stock lighting is just passable. Since I drive frequently between Chennai and Bangalore and always at night, improved lighting is essential. After discussing with DBHPian Parag bhai and based on his suggestion, got these bulbs for my low beam and these are definitely a marked improvement over the stock.

Honestly, initially, while I was happy, I was not completely satisfied as the wide 6 lane Chennai-Bangalore highway let the light to have a wider spread. The intensity and throw was very much there though. It was during my drive to Coorg recently which reassured and reaffirmed my decision to go for these bulbs, These bulbs came into their own in the 2 lane roads from Madikeri to Mysore. The road banks and the corners were superbly illuminated and along with high beam the lighting was as good as day. This was also one of my first drives at night where I was not worried about speed breakers "phoenixing" out of nowhere! Madikeri-Hunsur-Mysore stretch has a handful too. The respect you get from fellow road users when you signal to overtake is also an added bonus Do not expect these lights to mask the oncoming beam from opposite road users but what it does really well is that it illuminates the immediate road and the edges of the road very well. This really helps in maintaining your speed and not worry about any sudden obstacle provided you don't stare at the oncoming beam!

Unfortunately, I do not have the dashcam footage of that drive as I unsettled my dashcam while cleaning the windshield from inside that day and could not get it fixed back properly and it kept falling down.

To sum it up, you can definitely go for it .
vshankarhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 10:56   #12246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
To sum it up, you can definitely go for it .
Thank you, that was helpful. How do you deal with service folks (assuming your S Cross is under warranty)? I wanted to avoid HIDs and LEDs for this very reason.

Would you have a pic of how the HID ballasts are mounted?
Old 31st December 2021, 16:58   #12247
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Have a small query. My father owns a Dzire 2017 Zxi (Halogen lamp) model. The current lights are slowing becoming inadequate for driving at night time. We changed the bulbs and also checked the beam spread from a brand new 2021 Dzire model. However, the spread is inadequate.

The car will be driven ONLY in the city. It has no highway usage at all. So, the option of making major changes to the light setup is not being considered at all. Thus LED's, projectors retrofits and additional lights are not being considered at all.

The option I am currently thinking are:
1. Replacing the standard 60/55 watts bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker laser lights 60/55 watts.
2. Replacing the standard 60/55 watts bulbs with 100/90 watts bulb along with a Relay (Planning to do a DIY as it appears to be straightforward plug and play setup).

Need help which would be a better option out of the above ones.
Old 31st December 2021, 17:17   #12248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
As someone who own a S-Cross Delta 2019 variant and recently upgraded his lighting, I should be able to strongly suggest you to go for this Osram DH11 HID bulbs.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Question: Did you have normal Halogen bulbs with reflectors before or Halogens with projectors? Can a HID kit like this be installed in a headlights with Halogen reflectors?
Old 31st December 2021, 20:56   #12249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Have a small query. My father owns a Dzire 2017 Zxi (Halogen lamp) model.
The car will be driven ONLY in the city. It has no highway usage at all.
I have recently bought a used Wagon R and faced a similar problem. I was thinking of upgrading the halogen with higher wattage with relay but thought to give LED a try. I bought the H4 Nighteye LED from Amazon (Rs 1.8K), installed myself and was pleasantly surprised with the low beam result. The light on the road is quite good and IMO it is a worthy upgrade from the stock HL. But the high beam is useless.
https://www.amazon.in/Olmeo-WARRANTY...e%2C398&sr=1-2
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 09:00   #12250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I have recently bought a used Wagon R and faced a similar problem. I was thinking of upgrading the halogen with higher wattage with relay but thought to give LED a try. I bought the H4 Nighteye LED from Amazon (Rs 1.8K), installed myself and was pleasantly surprised with the low beam result. The light on the road is quite good and IMO it is a worthy upgrade from the stock HL. But the high beam is useless.
I have been using these on an Ecosport and for a few years now, they did improve the lighting considerably.

Query for all: Are there any LED H4 bulb replacement in warmer temperature? I just don't like the bright white light and in the rains/fog, you might as well not turn the lights on.
Old 1st January 2022, 09:15   #12251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

Have a small query. My father owns a Dzire 2017 Zxi (Halogen lamp) model. The current lights are slowing becoming inadequate for driving at night time. We changed the bulbs and also checked the beam spread from a brand new 2021 Dzire model. However, the spread is inadequate.
A different bulb may give you more intensity of light or a different light color. But the spread will be same with the same reflector IMO.

When I had felt inadequate road illumination on my SX4, I first changed the bulbs and it did make a difference.

One or two months back, I changed the headlight assembly and it made a huge difference in the road illumination. The stock headlights were looking alright. But when I procured new headlight and held it by the side of the old one, I could see a vast difference.

The headlight spread depends upon the reflector design and headlight alignment. The reflector design remains same when you buy a new headlight. But get is installed and levelled correctly. That shall solve your problem.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 1st January 2022 at 09:16.
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:14   #12252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

The car will be driven ONLY in the city. It has no highway usage at all. So, the option of making major changes to the light setup is not being considered at all. Thus LED's, projectors retrofits and additional lights are not being considered at all.

1. Replacing the standard 60/55 watts bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker laser lights 60/55 watts.
2. Replacing the standard 60/55 watts bulbs with 100/90 watts bulb along with a Relay (Planning to do a DIY as it appears to be straightforward plug and play setup).

Don't go with either of those. Go with the Autobahn h4 led bulbs rated at 55w each. They are very powerful and have high and low beam like halogens. Im using them in my 2020 dzire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
These are the cobb led bulbs and they are absolutely useless for high beam. You need to go with the ones that mimick the halogens. Im using 1 in my Yamaha RX 100 and it has a proper high beam pattern.
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:53   #12253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
These are the cobb led bulbs and they are absolutely useless for high beam.
Already mentioned that in my post. Also suggested it only seeing that his requirement is 100 % City drive with no highway drive which does not necessitates high beam use which is similar to my case.
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:16   #12254
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

I have a H4 Honda City. I would suggest option 1 or 3. Personally use Philips racing vision. I have used Autobahn LEDs but it's not as focused as you'd like (LEDs are not meant for reflectors) and yellow light is easier on the eyes.
Old 2nd January 2022, 17:46   #12255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

- Assuming it is a halogen reflector set up -

Take some time to clean up the headlamp or have it polished and a coat of wax applied to make sure it looks like new.

Clean up the windshield using generous amounts of Colin inside out,make it spotless.

Check the battery and electrical system at a battery shop to make sure they are in perfect working order, the intensity of the bulb is very dependent on these things.

Align the headlamp using the chart at Maruti ASC.

Use Philips 'normal' 55/60W H4 , make sure it is original.

What you will have at that point is the best lighting possible within OEM spec. Avoid upgrading to 90/100 if it's city use only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks