Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 12:52   #12361
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

I use Vaishnu for lights and their 130w relay as my Auxiliary Center lights on my Gypsy.
I have kept them in my cart since long and contemplating to buy. Your review has given me some hope . My Gypsy currently has those useless XXL sized Xenon HIDs which illuminate nothing. Probably cheap unbranded stuff.

How is the beam spread? As there are high beam and low beam functions as well.
Old 28th July 2022, 14:32   #12362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
I have kept them in my cart since long and contemplating to buy. Your review has given me some hope . My Gypsy currently has those useless XXL sized Xenon HIDs which illuminate nothing. Probably cheap unbranded stuff.

How is the beam spread? As there are high beam and low beam functions as well.
Hi,
Yes it has a high beam and low beam and you need an On-Off-On SPDT switch from Amazon for about 100-200 bucks.

IMHO The beam spread is narrow in the sense it will minimize trouble for oncoming traffic but very performant as center mounted lights with a very distant throw - the circle becomes wide enough in the distance to light up what is needed and boost driving confidence. You know what is coming and the well lit-up treeline in the distance provides additional context and information feedback about the environment that you are approaching, esp. on hair-pin bends. I felt that additional information input working at a very subtle level on the drivers brain is what does the trick to inspire the needed confidence. As a bonus it is a great overtaking light that lights up a trucks side mirror higher-up - I have seen nothing but respectful and immediate deferment from truck drivers in overtaking maneuvers at night. On highways too I can touch 80+ at night due to their throw whereas with stock headlights anything approaching 70 gives me anxiety.

I use low mount fog lights for wide throw to light-up the road median/divider and edges of hairpin bends and selectively use the high-beam for out-of-city driving. Besides that my stock headlights are perfectly focused to light up the left edge of the road 15-20mtrs ahead in low beam on hairpin bends to let me judge the cliff side, while the Aux lights high beam maintains my forward view.

Last edited by Ragul : 28th July 2022 at 14:38.
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 21:16   #12363
BHPian

Can halogen OEM bulbs be installed in iPH Projector Fog Lamps? I do not wish to change to LEDs or HIDs yet. Just want the throw to be longer and more uniform. Is it possible?
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:36   #12364
BHPian

Hi All

Am looking to upgrade fogs on my Dzire with projector, found Blaze India been recommended by many. So contacted them to find they recommended AES brand hids - quoted 9.5k.
So the question to the gurus, anyone installed these ? Are these better than the famous IPH ? And if anyone recently bought, is price quoted a good deal?

Any recommendations or advice will be helpful
TIA
Old 4th August 2022, 22:41   #12365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Can halogen OEM bulbs be installed in iPH Projector Fog Lamps? I do not wish to change to LEDs or HIDs yet. Just want the throw to be longer and more uniform. Is it possible?
Yes since the projector houses a H11 bulb so either HUD or Halogen or LED with a H11 base will fit. However I doubt you can get the sort of uniform beam with a Halogen bulb. A projector works on the concept of a uniform beam of parallel rays of light. For this you need a high luminous source like a discharge bulb. Not even a replacement LED Bulb will give you such a beam output.

Hence I would recommend you to stick to HID maybe at 4300K or lower, in case you don't like bluish light.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:26   #12366
BANNED

Any suggestion for bulb upgrades in stock headlights and projector fog lamps of new i20 Magna Petrol?
Old 6th August 2022, 13:05   #12367
BHPian

Need some advise from fellow members on upgrading the headlights of my Renault Duster (2017 model). I do regular night drives to KL, and every time I find the headlight output quite insufficient.

Based on some online research, I found that Philips RacingVision halogens give better output than stock halogens. But some people reported that the improvement is just marginal.

Next option was to get LEDs for low and high beams, but then I am not very sure of which brand to go for, and how reliable they are. Checked with a nearby accessories shop (Konark Car Accessories, HSR BDA complex), and they suggested to go for Maxxlink LEDs. He says the feedback is positive, and the same is reliable too.

What is the best solution I should go for?
Old 7th August 2022, 07:31   #12368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Need some advise from fellow members on upgrading the headlights of my Renault Duster (2017 model). I do regular night drives to KL, and every time I find the headlight output quite insufficient.

1. Same wattage but better brand - only a slight improvement.
I had used this on the Swift and couldn't find any drastic change

2. Higher wattage on reflectors
I found it to be better than option 1. In case you plan for this, don't skimp on the kit. Make sure you get a good wiring kit and relay.

3. LED on reflectors
We tried this on my cousins 3rd gen Innova. High beam was definitely bright (blinding at the same time) but the low beam, again was just a marginal improvement. All the local accessory shops will push their stock only (Cheap Chinese brands). No point in getting those.

My recommendation would be option 2 unless you can get projectors (Latest gen Duster projector headlights?) installed. Projectors + HIDs will always be my favorite combination.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 09:44   #12369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Based on some online research, I found that Philips RacingVision halogens give better output than stock halogens. But some people reported that the improvement is just marginal.
Considering its a 2017 car, replace all existing headlight bulbs with new ones , preferably Philips of the same wattage. It should be brighter than the old ones.

Have the vehicle inspected with a local electrician if the wattage can be upgraded to 80W bulbs with a relay if needed. The alternative is to fit a pair of Hella driving lights.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 19:12   #12370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munishsurendra View Post
Hi All

Am looking to upgrade fogs on my Dzire with projector, found Blaze India been recommended by many. So contacted them to find they recommended AES brand hids - quoted 9.5k.
So the question to the gurus, anyone installed these ? Are these better than the famous IPH ? And if anyone recently bought, is price quoted a good deal?

Any recommendations or advice will be helpful
TIA
AES is a much older and better brand than iPh. Well worth a purchase and premium price over iPh.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 01:07   #12371
BHPian

Quote:

Next option was to get LEDs for low and high beams, but then I am not very sure of which brand to go for, and how reliable they are. Checked with a nearby accessories shop (Konark Car Accessories, HSR BDA complex), and they suggested to go for Maxxlink LEDs. He says the feedback is positive, and the same is reliable too.

Best upgrade would be a set of Bi Xenon Projectors installed in place of stock fog lamps. One of my friends has this setup on his swift and the output is so bright, it completely illuminates the road and doesn't blind the oncoming traffic as their position is very low. They have both high and low beam options in them.

He rarely uses the headlights nowadays, just keeps his fogs on.
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 02:34   #12372
BANNED

Looking for an aux reversing light in warm white below 4200k color temp for my Gypsy. The factory tail lights don’t illuminate well enough to reverse with confidence. I found nothing useful on Amazon. Any other options?
Old 8th August 2022, 22:32   #12373

Quote:

Hi Repsol - I too went to Konark Accessories to upgrade my Nexon's headlights. The plan was to upgrade the 4 year old stock bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker Laser but went ahead with the Maxxlink LEDs upon persuasion from the Konark guys . The only reason I went with Maxxlink and not Philips or Osram LEDs was because the former was 4300K warm white. Unfortunately, the low beam in Nexon are projectors so the difference in stock and the Maxxlink is marginal. If your Duster's headlights are reflectors, Maxxlink might possibly have a better throw and intensity.
If you are fine with 6000K white light, please go ahead with Blaupunkt or Osram LEDs.Otherwise, you better upgrade to more powerful halogens like OSRAM Nightbreaker or Philips Xtreme G-Force. Give Maxxlink a miss, you will not regret it.
insas1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 15:14   #12374
BHPian

Hello People,

I have been on a hunt for a long time now to get my hands on H27 Led bulbs in 4200k for my CRETA 2020 fog lamps but no success as of now. However, been getting many brand options in 6000K but not in 4200k.

Seeking my fellow Bhpians response and would really appreciate for the leads.
Deepesh Goel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 02:16   #12375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepesh Goel View Post
Hello People,

I have been on a hunt for a long time now to get my hands on H27 Led bulbs in 4200k for my CRETA 2020 fog lamps but no success as of now. However, been getting many brand options in 6000K but not in 4200k.

Seeking my fellow Bhpians response and would really appreciate for the leads.
Even I am looking to put in an H7 LED in my low beam projector. Current Hilux HID 55 watt ballast with 5000k yeaky)Uglare bulb has burnt and faded the crome in projector bowl, and due to hole in dust cap Water, humidity and dust has damaged the housing which I had to get restored at Shivaji Nagar BLR, but Chrome of the Projector bowl couldn't be restored. It has made situation better now. This time I don't want anything comig in/out of Housing (namely wire) so want to put LED headlight bulbs (preferably all in ones without separate driver box) so that I can seal it in. This "only 6000k colour temperature LED available" epidemic is really horrible. I don't know what to do. At one local shop square pattern LED source Braided passive heatsink design LED bulbs are available in 4300k but I never heard of the company. I prefer warm white light over bluish white ones. I am overall happy with H1 CSP singe rowl led bulbs in my high beam reflector since over an year. They are lot more focussed than earlier CREE XHP 50 based ones. (It's 6500k, and I don't like rain performance though). Unfortunately same product is not available any more. I guess global chip shortage is affecting this too.)
The H1 ones in my high beam.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-screenshot_20220821013458383_in.amazon.mshop.android.shopping.jpg

Headlight being opened and restored. Do note the lack of shine in the bowl.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20220821wa0001.jpg
The condition of headlight assembly had become horrible and I want to avoid repeat of that.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20220821wa0005.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20220821wa0003.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20220821wa0004.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20220821wa0002.jpg
Post restoration visibility is better, but it's still on led H1 in high beam, and HID in low beam projector. In all this somehow low beams have got misaligned and pointing too much downwards limiting cut-off distance.

If I have any update, I shall post here later.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks