Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 09:32   #12376
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Even I am looking to put in an H7 LED in my low beam projector. Current Hilux HID 55 watt ballast with 5000k yeaky)Uglare bulb has burnt and faded the crome in projector bowl, and due to hole in dust cap Water, humidity and dust has damaged the housing which I had to get restored at Shivaji Nagar BLR, but Chrome of the Projector bowl couldn't be restored. It has made situation better now.
This is why i never wished to have heavy wattage Bulbs in my car lighting setup. I have a Creta 2020 and as most of the owners would agree - Creta does have best of the stock lights. So, i went for the 35Watt HID from Osram Premium 4300k. Although it was a satisfying upgrade but i still feel some upgrade in the Fog lamps would complete the picture.

Finding a 4300k LED is an arduous thing and market is full of 6000k. However, yesterday only i come to know that "Excelite" does manufactures H27 4200k LED and since we all know about Excelite is an eminent brand. I searched it online and only to find out at "AUTOSQUADS.in", i have never heard of this site and little skeptical of the product genuinity.

Since you are from Bangalore and the AutoSquads also based in Whitefield Bangalore and has an auto-outlet over there, by any change have you heard of them, any feedback?

Attaching a picture for the reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-excelite.jpg  

Deepesh Goel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 10:22   #12377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
Any suggestion for bulb upgrades in stock headlights and projector fog lamps of new i20 Magna Petrol?
Still looking for inputs from experienced members regarding this.
Old 24th August 2022, 17:54   #12378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepesh Goel View Post

Since you are from Bangalore and the AutoSquads also based in Whitefield Bangalore and has an auto-outlet over there, by any change have you heard of them, any feedback?

Attaching a picture for the reference.
Never heard this name before. Google search doesn't have correct location. A call to the google-provided phone no. goes unanswered. The design of their projector specific no. Doesn't seem right.

Will update you if I find them.
Old 26th August 2022, 01:14   #12379
BHPian

Quote:
Never heard this name before. Google search doesn't have correct location. A call to the google-provided phone no. goes unanswered. The design of their projector specific no. Doesn't seem right.

Will update you if I find them.
I literally stay across the road from SV heights which is their address as shown on Google search. Couldn't physically verify their office. It's a residential building. May be they run their operations from some flat like many startup/ SOHO's. When I called them in night, a guy answered the call. He said their warehouse is not nearby and delivery even in Bangalore will take 1 week for projector Kits and 4 days for Your preferred LED light source. He did acknowledge a ping perhaps from you had come on his mob number. Apparently they run some automobile communities and supply to the members as well as others but only to individuals. They didn't come across as deceptive in nearly half an hour long chat I had with the person at the other end of the call. The person seemed helpful. When I asked if I can come and pickup product from their warehouse, he said not possible, because due to cost factors they keep warehouse in small places.

I hope this helps.
Old 29th August 2022, 18:12   #12380
BHPian

Quote:
He did acknowledge a ping perhaps from you had come on his mob number. Apparently they run some automobile communities and supply to the members as well as others but only to individuals. They didn't come across as deceptive in nearly half an hour long chat I had with the person at the other end of the call. The person seemed helpful. When I asked if I can come and pickup product from their warehouse, he said not possible, because due to cost factors they keep warehouse in small places.

I hope this helps.

Hey Bro, thank you so much for the all the help, Much Appreciated!!

Yes i did have a conversation with them and the guy at the other end was quite honest and knowledgeable. However, i have dropped my idea of upgrading the fog lamp bulb as of now post discussing with them.

Thanks Again!
Old 30th August 2022, 09:20   #12381

Hi,

I have a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Style Plus 2016 model and one of the DRLs is not working, however the headlight is working fine. I checked with the Skoda service center and they say that the whole headlight unit has to be changed and it costs Rs. 45,000/-. Another problem with these headlight units is, they are not that bright. I wanted to know if there is any shop in Bangalore where I can get these lights replaced with some bright headlight units. It would be of great help if any of you can provide me some pointers.

Thanks,
Umesh
Old 31st August 2022, 13:35   #12382
BHPian

Anyone here knows where I can get terminal pins and casing for H8/H11 (880 881) connectors? I need these casings and terminal pins to build a custom wiring harness and it seems impossible to find them at a reasonable price point anywhere in India. Any leads to suppliers will be appreciated.
Old 4th September 2022, 01:48   #12383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshms2110 View Post
Hi,

I wanted to know if there is any shop in Bangalore where I can get these lights replaced with some bright headlight units. It would be of great help if any of you can provide me some pointers.

Thanks,
Umesh

You can visit Shivaji Nagar for Headlight restoration. Call Mr. Idrish 09945784006. If you carry LED DRL solution,(like Flexible DRL strip) he can install that when headlight housing is opend for restoring. May be he will also be able to install a retrofit kit if you carry (Not sure). Best if you get headlight assembly removed at some garage and take it there because it's in a crowded area with hardly any parking

If you are in area near Marathahalli, you can call +918105973105. It's on varthur road, in a tyre shop named 'Tyres Xpress'. He quoted 22k for changing my headlight's faded Projector with Aozoom HID-projector Kit, and a few hours. Some Aozoom approved guy will come and install on their call. (My original new HL housing costs 16-17k a pair, so didn't opt-in)

Alternatively call Automotive lighting expert studio (work hours 12-7) on 07337777444 if you are in hebbal-Banaswadi area. They are bit on expensive side, but come well recommend on this forum.

The cheapest and easiest option will be an HID /LED IPH Projector fog lamp kit installation.

I hope this helps. All the best.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 02:06   #12384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Anyone here knows where I can get terminal pins and casing for H8/H11 (880 881) connectors? I need these casings and terminal pins to build a custom wiring harness and it seems impossible to find them at a reasonable price point anywhere in India. Any leads to suppliers will be appreciated.
I see you are located in Bangalore. Try scrap market in Shivaji Nagar opposite Russell market. Carry a picture of what you want. They can probably cut it off a Harness and give it to you.
Also, the terminal looks very similar to HID connectors, so you can try buying a HID harness online or offline. If you want the Bulb -end receptacle, then buy some HI/11 bulbs and break them and use the part you need.

May be a more descriptive account of what you desire can allow the community to help you better.

What is the budget you are looking at?

Auto-Ex H8/H11/H27 wiring harness socket holder female adapter Cable plug for HID headlight fog light lamp bulb set of 2 https://amzn.eu/d/7e1jz7F

Check this one out. May be this is what you need.
I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-screenshot_20220904020402726_in.amazon.mshop.android.shopping.jpg  

Last edited by ASHUJNMC : 4th September 2022 at 02:08. Reason: Typing errors
Old 4th September 2022, 03:40   #12385
BHPian

Guys I need some help. My 2011 Honda city headlights have become completely useless, night drives specially in the rain have become horrible and risky, I simply cannot see anything. I had installed 90/100 bulbs couple of years back with a relay and I think I need an upgrade this time, so here are my questions to the pro's.

1. I wanted to upgrade my Fog lights to IPH car M617 3 in 1 color which supports yellow light for rainy season, but unfortunately I couldn't install as stock fog lamps are oval and not round. Electricians in JC road (Bangalore) said it was not possible and I lost all my options to upgrade to a good projector fog lamps. What are my options for my car model to upgrade my fog lamps and pls suggest any?

2. Will buffing my headlights have any improvement? What headlights I should be going for ? I am not concerned about looks or any of angel lights, pure white light, etc. I am more concerned of driving with clear visibility specially during foggy and rainy season. So pls suggest models/brand/location(if any) to get this done.
Old 4th September 2022, 06:20   #12386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Need some advise from fellow members on upgrading the headlights of my Renault Duster (2017 model).

Next option was to get LEDs for low and high beams, but then I am not very sure of which brand to go for, and how reliable they are. Checked with a nearby accessories shop (Konark Car Accessories, HSR BDA complex), and they suggested to go for Maxxlink LEDs. He says the feedback is positive, and the same is reliable too.

What is the best solution I should go for?
With the hawkish Kerala Police on the patrol, you will be better off with 4300k LED bulbs than 6000k or above. I am using 'Moco LED' and 'Moto Needs' in our car. We are satisfied with results, but Can't comment on longevity (we have got it installed hardly 5 days ago).

I am gonna attach pics from our Grand i10 with Moto needs 4300k LED Fog and Moco LED 4300k H4 in reflector. Also pics of LED bulbs for reference only. I hope it helps you take your call.
P.S. - H4 needs adjustment.
I got it done at a detailing shop named MW detailing Contact no.: 7888095593. It's located in Whitefield region, Bangalore in case you want to approach them.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20220830wa0011.jpeg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220830_144945.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220831_202924.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220904_051649.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220831_202740.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220904_051538.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220904_051612.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220904_051315.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220904_051401.jpg  

Last edited by ASHUJNMC : 4th September 2022 at 06:28. Reason: Duplicate pics and Minor edits
ASHUJNMC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 08:30   #12387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Guys I need some help. My 2011 Honda city headlights have become completely useless, night drives specially in the rain have become horrible and risky, I simply cannot see anything. I had installed 90/100 bulbs couple of years back with a relay and I think I need an upgrade this time, so here are my questions to the pro's.

1. I wanted to upgrade my Fog lights to IPH car M617 3 in 1 color which supports yellow light for rainy season, but unfortunately I couldn't install as stock fog lamps are oval and not round. Electricians in JC road (Bangalore) said it was not possible and I lost all my options to upgrade to a good projector fog lamps. What are my options for my car model to upgrade my fog lamps and pls suggest any?

2. Will buffing my headlights have any improvement? What headlights I should be going for ? I am not concerned about looks or any of angel lights, pure white light, etc. I am more concerned of driving with clear visibility specially during foggy and rainy season. So pls suggest models/brand/location(if any) to get this done.
Posting a pic of the HL assembly will be helpful in providing a more appropriate advice. It's likely to help if Front panel of HL assembly looks dull. See my answer to another post in same page for better details.
Old 5th September 2022, 01:55   #12388
BHPian

Quote:
Posting a pic of the HL assembly will be helpful in providing a more appropriate advice. It's likely to help if Front panel of HL assembly looks dull. See my answer to another post in same page for better details.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20220905_015128.jpg

I hope this helps, thanks for helping me.
Old 6th September 2022, 02:28   #12389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Attachment 2355003

I hope this helps, thanks for helping me.
I seems like there is a layer of fine dust on inside as well, i that case better to get it opened amd cleaned from inside as well. Should cost approx 1200 in Shivaji Nagar
Old 6th September 2022, 02:42   #12390
BHPian

Quote:
I seems like there is a layer of fine dust on inside as well, i that case better to get it opened amd cleaned from inside as well. Should cost approx 1200 in Shivaji Nagar
Thanks, I will get buffing and cleaning done. Can you recommend some LED lights for my oval shaped fog lamps, unfortunately I doubt if I can install projectors in the fog assembly. So, it has to be LED lamps without projector.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks