Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:05   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Well just few days back got my NHC. Gxi model. Use the car a lot to travel frm Mumbai to Karjat. The roads there are pathetic and the truck traffic is a pain in the neck. I had been to Milan Subway today as I wanted to put a Sun Film, I also had a sneek peek at the Philips Crystal Vision bulbs. Tat guy told me, tat this would be best suited for my purpose. He told me 1200 bucks includin fittin and cutout. I called up Linkway Honda to ask for their suggestion, all they advised was, not to opt for a new bulbs, specially powerful halogens, as they will ruin the reflectors. I wanted some suggestions on this and also, whether will buying from Milan subway be ideal ?
I upgraded my SX4 with Philips Crystal Vision 60/50 W (No relays needed). Good.
Are you looking for 100/90 for more power. In that case there are chances of ruining the reflectors. Try Philips x-treme 60/50 W (80 % more light than standard halogens)
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:57   #917
BHPian

Hey gopinathann,
Thanks for the reply buddy. Well. I had been to Sainath Auto at Khar today as suggested by many of you in the previous forum posts. I meet a guy named Rishi. He told me that, first the bulbs wont fry my reflector. Second,he advised me to go for Narva, as they have better high beam. Also he told me that the new HNC is already fitted with cutout wiring and relay. Is it true ?? What do you guys suggest please post it. It will really be helpful for me.
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:45   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Hey gopinathann,
Thanks for the reply buddy. Well. I had been to Sainath Auto at Khar today as suggested by many of you in the previous forum posts. I meet a guy named Rishi. He told me that, first the bulbs wont fry my reflector. Second,he advised me to go for Narva, as they have better high beam. Also he told me that the new HNC is already fitted with cutout wiring and relay. Is it true ?? What do you guys suggest please post it. It will really be helpful for me.

hay
i dont think that the company fits cutout on any car for tht matter. even if it is, then it wont help you with the bulbs with higher watts. i really dont think cutout are fixed. get the cutout fixed and get the bulbs. and these days al the reflecters are of good quality. so any bulb you fix wont brun them for any chance.. enjoy...
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:01   #919
BHPian

Yes, as Kick.Throttle says, company will not fit any cut out, as there is no need for it if there is 60/55 w bulb fitted as standard.

Don't trust the shop walla guys unless they are trustworthy, because they try to tell all nonsense stuff to sell the products. If they don't have one brand they will project the brand as best which they have.

If you want more wattage and powerful light and not white light, they go for Philips rally 100/90 w with cutouts.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:32   #920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey gopinathann,
im using narva on my car and theyre extremely bright. now i dont know what high beam thing your shopkeeper is talking about but why not ask him to give you a demo and then choose which bulbs you like the most.
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:32   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakkamath View Post
Where did you purchase the bulbs from, does anyone know a dealer in bangalore, who sells philips vision+ 60/55w.
I got it done with CarShringar opposite Lifestyle, PM me if you want more details.
Old 4th October 2007, 02:45   #922
BHPian

Well, had been to Sainath today. Finally made up my mind and decided to buy the Narva. The guy who was installing the bulbs told me that the relay wirings are installed pre hand in Honda City Gxi. Havent driven the car around much, but really happy with its performance. Also, they attract a lot of attention.
I posting in few snaps.

First: The low beam.

Second: The high beam.

Third: The difference between the stock bulbs from Honda and the new Narva.

Pretty much content with its performance till now. Will be going to Pune soon, so will see how they perform on the real ground. Also, a bit concerned about the law.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:30   #923
BHPian

The clarity and brightness looks great, enjoy the car!
Old 4th October 2007, 11:10   #924
BHPian

The brightness is good, is that 60/55 or 100/90 ?
Old 4th October 2007, 11:50   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pretty much content with its performance till now. Will be going to Pune soon, so will see how they perform on the real ground. Also, a bit concerned about the law.
Brightness of Narva Bulbs looks good. May be because you have new car and cler glass head lamps. When I tried it my Indica for non clear glass headlamps., performance and visibility was very poor.

I switched back to Hallonix yellow 90/100 and am Happy with that
Old 4th October 2007, 11:51   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Well,

there you go buddy. now u r night drives are much more safer and thats for sure.....
Congratulations!!!...
Old 4th October 2007, 12:10   #927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, a bit concerned about the law.

dont worry about the law. the cops will never catch you.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:36   #928
BHPian

X-treme Power 80%+ in India (Launch in Oct end)

Just received this email from Philips representative on my enquiry for Philips X-treme Power 80%+ bulbs. I have asked him about the approx price.

Dear Nitin,

Thanks for your interest in our product XP.

We will be launching this product in the last week of this month in India & once you tell us where are you located in India I will send across the stockiest contact details.

Regards
Ranjan Dagar
National Sales Manager
Automotive Lighting ,AM
Philips Electronics India Limited
Ph.:(91) 124-4091942 Fax :(91) 124-4091993
Mob:09811100558
Old 5th October 2007, 12:02   #929
BHPian

Good news. Will this be as powerful as 100/90 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Just received this email from Philips representative on my enquiry for Philips X-treme Power 80%+ bulbs. I have asked him about the approx price.

Dear Nitin,

Thanks for your interest in our product XP.

We will be launching this product in the last week of this month in India & once you tell us where are you located in India I will send across the stockiest contact details.

Regards
Ranjan Dagar
National Sales Manager
Automotive Lighting ,AM
Philips Electronics India Limited
Ph.:(91) 124-4091942 Fax :(91) 124-4091993
Mob:09811100558
Old 5th October 2007, 12:16   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Good news. Will this be as powerful as 100/90 ?
Pretty close. I have the 80%+ XP installed in my Wagon R. I did compare the spread and beam to one of my friend's car who has 100/90 bulbs. Not bad.

But the biggest advantage is no cut-outs, relays. No tampering with elecricals. Thats a big relief. No danger of your reflectors going kaput. On top of it, they are street legal (60/55). No manufacturer can deny you a warranty claim in case of an electrical bustup if you got it fixed from your dealer.

Most Viewed