Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 10:26   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
2. I was still planning to fit the projector headlight assembly (INR 9000) for my car

Final Touch said that the results will not be as good as if installed normally. Im confused again!!
The thing is majority of the janta assume that higher the "intensity" or the "blur" the better the kit is. In fact more the blur, less the visibility and illumination.

Projectors help focus the light and so your car wont have that UFO look to it.

I dont see why the cops should bother you if you have a projector setup .

Quote:
3. Planning to fit HIDs for my fogs too. He instead suggested i go in for Narva H8 bulbs of 4000K costing INR 950 a pair.
The Swift stock fogs are H8 ??!! Iv been breaking my head all this while because someone on the forum told me H7.
Old 13th December 2007, 12:30   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Planning to fit HIDs for my fogs too.

Final Touch said that the results will not be as per my expecation as the lenses in the fogs are small and will not be as effective and will be just for show and a waste of money. He instead suggested i go in for Narva H8 bulbs of 4000K costing INR 950 a pair. And the confusion continues.....
Have you gone in for this upgrade? Am curious, because I want to upgrade the Swift fogs too. Stock ones aren't good at all.
So the Narva H8 bulbs of 4000K are regular halogens and not xenons, correct?
And if so, then what is their wattage?
Old 13th December 2007, 13:28   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Headlight improvement for Safari DICOR

1. Has anyone got HID's fitted in a Safari DICOR?

If so,
* Which ones and for how much?
* What has been your experience so far?

If not, what are the options?
* Osram Silverstart 50+ as @simply_sunny001 and @suman-ji recommended
* Switch to 100/90 (with Bosch/Roots kit) - which one?

2. Anyone improved the fog-lamps? (Not sure which bulbs are in there)
If so, what did you do?

3. What would be an alternative to fitting Hellas on the bull bar (I don't have one)? Mount them rally-style on the roof? What if I don't want them up there permanently? I have in the past used them at grill-level, but the experience was not satisfactory.

Need to do some highway driving in the night on the west coast - hadn't given improvements to lights a thought till now. Help much appreciated!
Old 13th December 2007, 13:46   #1189
Team-BHP Support

Hi DerAlte, good to see you out of the ICE section
Anyways coming to Osram 60/55W they are brilliant. Using them in a 3.0 DICOR, and the throw and intensity is adequate for highways.
I am not a big fan of HIDs in reflector setups. I have seen 3 setups in 3 different cars, and though the light was amazingly bright, a large portion of it is scattered leading to tremendous glare for oncoming traffic.
Sourcing a projector setup for safari will be next to impossible.

Coming to halogens, use the 60/55W. Its the best solution and you don't needs relays and holders.

As for the fog lamps, they are too tiny to give much benefit for long throw. However if you can source generic round projectors, thats a nice place to fit in the HID.
You will have to remove original housing.

Please note that any wiring mods can void your warranty.

Since you are in Bangalore you can go to concorde(Tata workshop) and ask them to fit you a relay. After that you can go ahead with 100/90W bulbs(if you find the Osrams lacking).
The best 100/90 I have seen are the Halonix +60.
Philips ralleye is also good, but sadly originals are hard to come by. Rudra suggested Flosser but couldn't get them in Noida. They are available in BLR though.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:16   #1190
BHPian

My answers in bold...

1. Has anyone got HID's fitted in a Safari DICOR?
If so,
* Which ones and for how much?
* What has been your experience so far?

Yes I have a Safari Dicor 3.0 and I have tried all sorts of bulbs in the market ranging from the Phillips 90/100, Halonix +60 to the Phillips 100/130 watts. As of now I am content with 100/130 Phillips Rallye. I also tried the Bosch and Siemens HID kit without the Projectors but apart from the light being bright it did not have a good throw and hence was not satisfactory on the highways, so switched back to the 100/130 Rallye’s.

2. Anyone improved the fog-lamps? (Not sure which bulbs are in there)
If so, what did you do

For the fog lamps I just upgraded to a brighter H3 Bluevision lights although they are whitish in the beam colour and not Blue, but quite sufficient for lightening up the sides of the road

3. What would be an alternative to fitting on the bull bar (I don't have one)? Mount them rally-style on the roof? What if I don't want them up there permanently? I have in the past used them at grill-level, but the experience was not satisfactory

I also thought of the same to put the Hella’s or any other Fog lamp on the bumper but then did not want the bumper to be drilled upon so got the bull bar fitted only to mount the fog lamps. I have a Korean brand (am forgetting the name) but they are all weather types. Good enough for navigating through delhi fog and recently I found them to be quite decent enough on my last highway trip on NH 8 specially in Punjab. Apart from this its illegal to have any kinds of lights mounted on the roof as per the motor vehicle act. They should be techinically at the same height as your headlights are..
Old 13th December 2007, 14:20   #1191
Team-BHP Support

For the fogs a good idea could be to get H3 HID kit. It costs around 93 USD when ordered online.
The lamps are low so it will not blind oncoming users, and you will get a very good high instensty spread.

@Dragonov, is the fog lamp bulb change DIY(like the H4 change) or you need to dismount the bumper?
Old 13th December 2007, 14:32   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For the fogs a good idea could be to get H3 HID kit.
This is what im planning, my friend has an fog lamp HID kit thats of no use to him. Only issue is that its 8000k which more intensity and less visibility.

If the swift fogs are indeed h8 then Im 99% installing the HID's.

Are the halonix/narva available in white for 100/90 ? Hows night visibility ?

Bumper would definitely need to be removed for the fitment.

Last edited by s0uljah : 13th December 2007 at 14:33.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:35   #1193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
This is what im planning, my friend has an fog lamp HID kit thats of no use to him. Only issue is that its 8000k which more intensity and less visibility.

If the swift fogs are indeed h8 then Im 99% installing the HID's.

Are the halonix/narva available in white for 100/90 ? Hows night visibility ?

Bumper would definitely need to be removed for the fitment.
The 8000K, and 6000K etc., have nothing to do with intensity. Its the color temperature. 2000K would be yellow, around 4000-5000K would be white, 6000K is blue tinge white, 8000K would go towards violet.
Halonix is a normal bulb, Narva gives white light (4500K)
Old 13th December 2007, 15:06   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi DerAlte, good to see you out of the ICE section
I do venture out sometimes, but being in that wild bunch is generally a good diversion from work for me - like looking at green things if your eyes are tired! Wackier than even the Jokes section - everything repeats but funnily nothing is the same in every new instance.

Quote:
Anyways coming to Osram 60/55W they are brilliant. ...
Coming to halogens, use the 60/55W. Its the best solution and you don't needs relays and holders.
Thanks, and that is what I will go after this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Yes I have a Safari Dicor 3.0 and I have tried all sorts of bulbs in the market ...
For the fog lamps I just upgraded to a brighter H3 Bluevision lights although they are whitish in the beam colour and not Blue, but quite sufficient for lightening up the sides of the road
Thanks, @dragonov. Any specific brand? Or is Bluevision the brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonov View Post
Apart from this its illegal to have any kinds of lights mounted on the roof as per the motor vehicle act. They should be techinically at the same height as your headlights are..
Thanks, forewarned is forearmed!
Old 13th December 2007, 15:31   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
@Dragonov, is the fog lamp bulb change DIY(like the H4 change) or you need to dismount the bumper?
Yes tsk, its a DIY job and does not need the bumper to be dismounted.

Quote:
Thanks, @dragonov. Any specific brand? Or is Bluevision the brand?
You are welcome. Yes its the Phillips Bluevision brand.
Old 13th December 2007, 16:53   #1196
Senior - BHPian

I have upgraded my Innova's headlights to Phillips 90/100 H4 Rally bulbs and person with good experience in this industry told me for Relay and wiring is not needed for Innova unless its 100/130 upgrade.

I have paid 300 rs for pair of bulbs.

Anyway let me use it for few months and see If I find any issues with it.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th December 2007, 16:56   #1197
Senior - BHPian

As far I know thre are 3 cars which uses : H1 high and H7 low

1. Palio
2. Optra
3. Fiesta
Old 13th December 2007, 18:28   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 8000K, and 6000K etc., have nothing to do with intensity. Its the color temperature. 2000K would be yellow, around 4000-5000K would be white, 6000K is blue tinge white, 8000K would go towards violet.
Halonix is a normal bulb, Narva gives white light (4500K)
Yep thats what I meant, more colour. I think 8000k would be more blue.. violet would be 10 -12k of course it depends upon the manufacturers.

Thanks for differentiating between the halonix vs narva. Are Narva available in 100/90?

This is the chart from the manufacturer of the kit's my friend got.

Last edited by s0uljah : 13th December 2007 at 18:36. Reason: added image
Old 13th December 2007, 18:37   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

I have an Aveo 1.4. Can anyone suggest a good shop in Bangalore and/or a good brand of powerful driving lights (bumper level) which will integrate more or less neatly with the stock bumper?

GM sells the OEM lights but they are 9.5k and have old-fashioned lenses and not the clear ones which look much better. 9.5k is a lot of money and I would much rather spend the same on a professional fitting of quality lights/fogs.

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th December 2007 at 18:46. Reason: Typo
Old 13th December 2007, 22:28   #1200
Team-BHP Support

Nothing to do with manufactures here. 8000K will look the same irrespective of manufactures.
Anyways, the only way to check true rating(in case of HID kits) is to use a light meter. A simple way is to click a pick in RAW mode and set the white point at a grey card illuminated just by the headlight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks