Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 18:30   #1336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I have a Getz GL Nov 2004 model (without crystal clear headlamp). The lights are too dull and I find them unsafe during night and highway driving.

Is it advisable to retain 60/55W power and go for Philips H4 white light bulbs? Would I need any other structural changes to be done?

Or should I go for 100/90W power and get Narva/Philps with additional relay?

Please suggest trust worthy places in Mumbai to go to (i.e. the electrician should be good!). Also, please mention costs associated.
nishant im using narva 100/90w white bulbs on my 05 getz. its very good.
Old 30th January 2008, 18:57   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
nishant im using narva 100/90w white bulbs on my 05 getz. its very good.
Thanks for the reply Akshay. Does your Getz have clear lens reflectors?

Also, I am contemplating between the following choices, moreover Narva is not available with most dealers here. Any suggestions?
- Philips VisionPlus: +50% more light
- Philips LongerLife: 3x life time
- Philips Premium: 30% extra light
- Philips NightGuide: 3-color safety technology with double lifetime
Old 30th January 2008, 19:05   #1338
Team-BHP Support

mine is the clear lens. i thought all getzs had clear lens headlamps. can you post a pic so i can see how yours looks?

id take the vision+ over the others since you want the most light available. but i dont think vision+ is available in 100/90w.
Old 30th January 2008, 19:28   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
mine is the clear lens. i thought all getzs had clear lens headlamps. can you post a pic so i can see how yours looks?

id take the vision+ over the others since you want the most light available. but i dont think vision+ is available in 100/90w.
Will post a pic tomorrow.
Im anyways not too keen on 100/90W lamps. I guess if 60/55W serves the purpose, I am happy with that.Why blind other drivers with something that irritates me equally?

Where in Mumbai did you get Narva from? And where did you get the installation done? I am having a hard time sourcing Bosch relays.
Old 30th January 2008, 19:38   #1340
Team-BHP Support

you can get the installation done at car touch at shivaji park. they are really good.
Old 31st January 2008, 02:41   #1341
BHPian

Swift Lights

Hi All,

A good thread and have covered a major part if it containing good suggestions, comments, experiences and some good technical write-ups.

Following is my conclusion:

I drive a Swift VXi. Planning to go for Philips Rally 90/100 with ceramic holders and Bosch relay.

Need some help:
I am from Trivandrum and planning to drive up to Bangalore this weekend along with my friends (some other business). Thinking to make this an opportunity to grab the lighting components too. I am not familiar to Bangalore city, but have friends who can direct me to places.

Where can I get Philips Rally 90/100 H4s with Bosh relay, ceramic holders and wiring kit? Heard of JC road. Any shop names? Any other place than JC road? Directions please...

Will be reaching there on Sat eve and going straight to shop. Planning to install it on Sunday. Will sure post my feedback.

Any immediate help apreciated as I am traveling within 2 days
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:50   #1342
BHPian

I own A tata indica turbo, the headlamps provided are useless(55/60), recenlty i have replaced the bulb to 90/100, there is no difference, I would like to known which manufacturer provides relays, wiring harness and ceramic holders? what would be the price
Old 3rd February 2008, 13:05   #1343
BHPian

hi,i have a verna crdi n i am not satisfied with the main lights.my dealer sugested n quoted 24000 for xenons philips brand.is that right price n the only good solution.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:13   #1344
BHPian

Thanks for your thoughts,
I will check out both this weekend.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:23   #1345
BHPian

Headlights for Elantra

Hi - I recently wanted to upgrade the headlights for my Elantra (CRDi - done 40K and still strong except for the headlights) and even bought H1 and H7 and a relay kit for the same. The dealer however remarked that they would need to tamper the original wiring (or something. I am not quite sure of what he said) since they couldnt get the coupler which could be the best fit and in the process could make the warranty void (I havent got the extended warranty option and my car is 1.5 yrs old). I am not sure of the authenticity of this reply. I would appreciate replies from gurus out here.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:29   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys does any1 has any idea if we get Projector lens as a product to retro fix on a reflector headlight assy in Bangalore or probably in India? Its for a motorcycle.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:05   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by convivial View Post
Hi - I recently wanted to upgrade the headlights for my Elantra (CRDi - done 40K and still strong except for the headlights) and even bought H1 and H7 and a relay kit for the same. The dealer however remarked that they would need to tamper the original wiring (or something. I am not quite sure of what he said) since they couldnt get the coupler which could be the best fit and in the process could make the warranty void (I havent got the extended warranty option and my car is 1.5 yrs old). I am not sure of the authenticity of this reply. I would appreciate replies from gurus out here.
Definitely your warranty will void if wiring gets tampered, you must use the couplers only if you want any type alteration or modifications in the existing setup.
Old 5th February 2008, 15:54   #1348
BHPian

After having read many posts from this thread, I've a couple of questions.

1. If I want to get better light without increasing the wattage, Philips Extreme+80, Philips Vision-plus and Osram Silverstar are good options. Are there any more options?

2. Philips Extreme outputs the most lumens. The other two are close competitors. Am I Right?

3. Do all these bulbs output same color light as OEM ones? I do NOT like white light, and hate additional attention from the cops.

4. This is more of an academic question, as I dont want white light: Is there a legal limit on the maximum color temperature for headlights in our country?

Thanks,
Su-47
Old 5th February 2008, 15:58   #1349
Team-BHP Support

There is limit on wattage in our country, thats why vision+ diamond vision etc., are street legal(they are 60/55W)
you can go for silverstar. They output more light, but color is normal.
They also don't suffer from low life syndrome as the Extreme bulbs(+80/+90 etc.,) are prone to.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:16   #1350
Senior - BHPian

I recently changed my Alto Headlights from OEM Halonix to DELA from Osram. The visibility has increased a lot but still not adequate on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
you can go for silverstar. They output more light, but color is normal.
So Osram Silverstar+50 is yellow light and not white i was thinking of getting them as i dont wanna add relay etc.

Most Viewed