Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 12:40   #2101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
hi guys,
Help needed in upgrading stock bulbs of NHC Vtec. The current ones have real bad illumniaton.I need some suggestons on what power,brand of bulbs can be used and also do they need relays and change in wiring,

Thanks guys.
Just change the bulbs to either Osram Nightbreaker or Philip Xtreme power they are direct fit to your car.
Other option is higher wattage bulbs from Philip or Osram and change the wiring. You get a separate wiring and relay kits from Auto shops. Costing maybe around Rs. 1000/-. including Labour.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:48   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakowli View Post
Just change the bulbs to either Osram Nightbreaker or Philip Xtreme power they are direct fit to your car.
Other option is higher wattage bulbs from Philip or Osram and change the wiring. You get a separate wiring and relay kits from Auto shops. Costing maybe around Rs. 1000/-. including Labour.

Thanks Rakowli, That should help, will check out Phillips
Old 11th September 2008, 09:56   #2103
BHPian

PMP Head Lamp relay for 50/55W bulbs

Hi,

My M800 5S is fitted with 100/110W Halogen bulbs with a PMP relay. As now I ride most of the itme in city conditions and with AC on I feel that my battery is over loaded with these bulbs. I still have he 50/55W bulbs that I removed from my car while fitting these high power ones. Is it possible for me now to just replace the bulbs with the old one(50/55W). Will it save much energy for my battery?

Experts please suggest.

Regards
Suresh

Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th September 2008 at 11:23. Reason: Search before new thread please
Old 11th September 2008, 10:27   #2104
BHPian

one more thing BOBSTER. Don't go for extra white lights sometimes you will feel they lack illumination. So better go for yellow lights. Also if going for Philips check Philips Crystal vision or Diamond vision, one of the two is not good at light throw and illumination. In this thread itself it is there. But just that i cannot recollect which one.
Old 11th September 2008, 11:21   #2105
Team-BHP Support

Yes you can fit the 55/60 bulb and yes it will save load on your battery and alternator.
Old 11th September 2008, 13:20   #2106
BHPian

Thanks for the respose Jaggu. But will my relay fitted for 100/110W not cause any damage to the bulbs? Please clarify.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:06   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Thanks for the respose Jaggu. But will my relay fitted for 100/110W not cause any damage to the bulbs? Please clarify.

No it will not damage any bulb. You can switch back to higher watts if you want afterwards.
Old 15th September 2008, 11:23   #2108
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What a great timing for me and just right when I want some helpppp.

I have ordered CCFL rings for my honda civic for the original headlamps. Problem is I dont know any professional or reliable guy who will fit these rings for me.

I would appreciate if any of the BHPIANS can give me a phone number or shop/location details of the garage or person who can do it for me.

I stay in MUMBAI so please give me a contact ASAP.

Putting a pic for you guys to refer what I am talking about, see the rings light up inside the heaflights,

Thanks,

URGENT HELPPPPPPPPPP

Old 15th September 2008, 12:21   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Urgent Help needed !!

i have a maruti alto, and i am facing a worst problem while driving in rains. the lights are not enough to stand with the oncoming lights from other cars which are very powerful.

the stock bulbs are 50/65w ( i think so) , but the main problem is i have an old model alto which doesnt have crystal clear reflector.

what upgrade shall i go in for without melting my reflector and holders.
mainly i dont want to overload the battery more. i already have 2 amplifiers and a pressure horn fitter on the amaron battery

help urgently
Old 15th September 2008, 12:53   #2110
manukale

Help needed for 1997 Omni (Round lights)

I have 1997 model of OMNI (last batch of the round lights!!)

The illumination of the lights (head-lights as well as the lights inside the odometer, etc) have gone down drastically. I wish to have it restored just like any normal OMNI available today in the market. The battery is new - recently replaced.

Please suggest:

1) Should I go for changing the wiring? If yes, approx cost & other technical details?

1.a) Can I opt for the head-lights of TATA ACE (are the dimensions, wattage etc. same that of my OMNI?). Please also revert if any clear lens reflector (of course round shape) available in this type?

2) What is relay (some calls them as cut-out)? Approx cost & other technical details?

3) What wattage bulbs & which company (after installing the relay)?

Regret, these are too many questions. But I know T-BHP have experts to clear them!!

Old 15th September 2008, 13:22   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

I have a 2005 Alto and hence the same kind of headlight / reflector.

I have put in an relay and use 90/100 rating philips bulb. Been using it for the last 3 years 50,000+ kms so far. Been very good for me so far. Never faced a situation where I felt the light was low.

Would suggest this for you!
Old 15th September 2008, 19:15   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Whats the life of Phillips X-treme power ? with normal usage ? I dont want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere with fused headlamps.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:24   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all, a few clarifications would be highly appreciated.

Want to upgrade the stock lights of ALTO.
Don't want to install additional stuff like the relays and new wiring.
Little biased towards the whiter shade.

Reading through the forum, I came to know that Philips Crystal Vision fits the bill.
So, where can I find the same in Delhi??
Inquiries to the neighborhood shops proved futile because as per them there is no such bulb!!! Just curious that can it be true?? I mean, has Philips stopped manufacturing these bulbs?? If yes, then what is the next best alternative for me?

Pardon me for the longish post, but some things I want to know.

Is it possible to change all the yellow-ish lights in the car??
The one for reversing, number plate and cabin.
If yes, how much would they cost me? As I am completely new to these things, any rough estimates would also be welcome.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:07   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Whats the life of Phillips X-treme power ? with normal usage ? I dont want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere with fused headlamps.
I would guess that life is marginaly lower than regular, but not very low. We will have to wait for sometime for actual use experience. The Philips website gives the following ratings on X-treme Power bulbs

Lifespan
Performance
Practicality
Styling
Old 17th September 2008, 20:06   #2115
Senior - BHPian

finally i have got a 100/90 philips rally H4 for my alto old model headlights.
i have put a PMP relay kit.

its a marginal upgrade as the high beam is very powerful , but the low beam spread could have been better.

cost of each bulb is 150rs and kit costed 500 rs , fittment 50 rs.

i am totally satisfied. thanks to happy wheels

Most Viewed