Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 17:16   #151
BHPian

Re: Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Write to the US GoPro support.
Thanks, i did get a delayed response from them with only one question. Was there any impact or excessive force. Told them there wasn't, and sent the same picture as in this thread. I then got an immediate reply saying i will be given a replacement.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 11:00   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Ouch, broke my quick release buckle while inserting it into my DIY dash mount. No excessive force was applied, guess i was plain unlucky.
Front what i had seen, the mounts and buckles withstand minor impacts too. Wonder why mine broke

Attachment 1266311
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Thanks, i did get a delayed response from them with only one question. Was there any impact or excessive force. Told them there wasn't, and sent the same picture as in this thread. I then got an immediate reply saying i will be given a replacement.
Good to know you are getting a replacement. I too had the same failure last month but didn't bother raising any complaint thinking I would have applied excess force. Will try mailing them now.
Old 12th August 2014, 00:45   #153
BHPian

HD Dash Cam - North America

Probably, this query got posted in this thread (apologies if this is a repeat), I am looking for a value for money HD Dashcam in Canada which is reliable and can get good quality videos. The other dash cam thread mostly talks about ordering from India and using it in India, hence, I am posting this query in this thread.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th August 2014 at 19:15. Reason: Posts moved to new thread.
Old 12th August 2014, 08:14   #154
BHPian

Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Probably, this query got posted in this thread (apologies if this is a repeat), I am looking for a value for money HD Dashcam in Canada which is reliable and can get good quality videos. The other dash cam thread mostly talks about ordering from India and using it in India, hence, I am posting this query in this thread.

Thanks for your time.
Look here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/gearb...oupon-1468499/

G1W-C seems to be well reviewed at dashcamtalk (http://dashcamtalk.com/)

Comes from china so will take a couple of weeks to arrive. Mine is on order and is in transit.
mohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 21:54   #155
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your time.
You can look at GoPro or Contour, provided you are not looking at having a fixed dash cam permanently. These will be more versatile.
kraft.wagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 23:07   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Look here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/gearb...oupon-1468499/

G1W-C seems to be well reviewed at dashcamtalk (http://dashcamtalk.com/)

Comes from china so will take a couple of weeks to arrive. Mine is on order and is in transit.
Thanks Mohit, I am not sure if I will go with this product, however, I would appreciate if you could share your experience with this product once you receive and install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
You can look at GoPro or Contour, provided you are not looking at having a fixed dash cam permanently. These will be more versatile.
Thanks Kraft.Wagen, I am under the impression that "GoPro" are usually expensive and hence didnt check it, let me check that as well.
Old 12th August 2014, 23:15   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mohit, I am not sure if I will go with this product, however, I would appreciate if you could share your experience with this product once you receive and install it.
Will do. What exactly are you looking for in a dashcam? Discreet? GPS? The products vary based on features needed. For me G1W was a decent compromise to get my first. Will reassess my needs once I install this one.
Old 12th August 2014, 23:20   #158
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Kraft.Wagen, I am under the impression that "GoPro" are usually expensive and hence didnt check it, let me check that as well.
Yes they are pricey usually start at $199+ and contours around $150+
Old 12th August 2014, 23:26   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Will do. What exactly are you looking for in a dashcam? Discreet? GPS?
I wanted a dash cam to record good (high ) quality road trip videos without the need to spend 100s of dollars on it. I seldom drive in night conditions (may be 10% of my driving) and hence quality of night recording is something that I can live with. It would also be "nice" to have the speed information on the video. Honestly, I am not completely convinced yet myself to install a dashcam on my car yet but an urge to install one is in my mind for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Yes they are pricey usually start at $199+ and contours around $150+
Unfortunately, 150+ is waaaay over my budget, however, will search them just for the sake of knowing what they are. Thanks again Kraft.Wagen.
Old 12th August 2014, 23:34   #160
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted a dash cam to record good (high ) quality road trip videos without the need to spend 100s of dollars on it. I seldom drive in night conditions (may be 10% of my driving) and hence quality of night recording is something that I can live with. It would also be "nice" to have the speed information on the video. Honestly, I am not completely convinced yet myself to install a dashcam on my car yet but an urge to install one is in my mind for a while now.

Unfortunately, 150+ is waaaay over my budget, however, will search them just for the sake of knowing what they are. Thanks again Kraft.Wagen.
Needs and budget are not in sync here

I am getting a dashcam because insurance fraud is on the rise around here (People intentionally reversing into you to make it look it you rear-ended them, other staged collisions) and I want some sort of protection.

For your needs, the best bet is a GoPro but as you said, it may be out of budget. Alternately look at what TSK and Samurai got in the Indian dashcam thread. The daytime performance was decent. They ordered it on ebay and you can too.
Old 12th August 2014, 23:46   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Needs and budget are not in sync here
Possibly... Looking at the reviews and the discussions around G1W, I may end up buying one
Old 13th August 2014, 17:51   #162
BHPian

For those wanting the cheap dash cam, try the following from amazon for 63.59 (three and a half star rating from 400+ reviewers)

Black Box Original Quality Real Full HD 1080P 1920x1080 H.264 G1W 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Recorder Dashboard Dashcam Black Box Video Recorder With G-sensor Night Vision Motion Detection Wide Degree 120° 4X Zoom

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FONBG1A/...I1M1XHFC6SRWKD

There is also another cheaper version (sans night vision I guess) for 43.95

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J2OVN74/...I178BUFXOZ8VE2

Got the first one on my wish list since wife thinks I am cuckoo to invest in one

Check out the other items from that seller

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_ca...x&node=1077068

vulcanize is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 19:18   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanize View Post
For those wanting the cheap dash cam, try the following from amazon for 63.59 (three and a half star rating from 400+ reviewers)

Black Box Original Quality Real Full HD 1080P 1920x1080 H.264 G1W 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Recorder Dashboard Dashcam Black Box Video Recorder With G-sensor Night Vision Motion Detection Wide Degree 120° 4X Zoom

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FONBG1A/...I1M1XHFC6SRWKD

There is also another cheaper version (sans night vision I guess) for 43.95

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J2OVN74/...I178BUFXOZ8VE2

Got the first one on my wish list since wife thinks I am cuckoo to invest in one

Check out the other items from that seller

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_ca...x&node=1077068

The one I linked for $40 is the same camera with a 140 degree lens.
Old 13th August 2014, 19:31   #164
Senior - BHPian

Re: HD Dash Cam - North America

Try to get the one which has a rear camera as well. This will double as a reverse camera with nifty wiring with the rear break lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-720P-NEW-...item540e23cba6

This is what i use in India and its very effective. It gives decent view of the number plates and more so can provide the much needed evidence of you fighting with the insurance
Old 14th August 2014, 01:03   #165
BHPian

Quote:
The one I linked for $40 is the same camera with a 140 degree lens.
The one star reviews on Amazon were all about counterfeit or duplicate product with the much cheaper Novatek NT96220FG processor, and much worse video quality from the seller Sunweb, so I will be quite careful with that one

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-HD10...owViewpoints=0

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks