Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 17:46   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Right side cons:
* A bit of helmet can be viewed since the lens is on the left
* Can (!!) be hit by vehicles, standing traffic ?
I suggest the RHS mount due to the reason you have mentioned. Can't you mount it upside down and shoot in rotate mode (or whatever it is called) so that lens comes on the right?

Hit by vehicles/traffic - Applicable to LHS mount too if you are stuck in the centre of the road!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 18:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kind of a weird question but here goes.

Helmet mount - left side or right side? I am confused

I am very confused?
And since it looks weird on the left and the right i have placed my sj4000 in the front center just below the lid closing. Using a curved mount + a little extra 3m here and there will securely mount the cam.
The center also helps cause when your doing high speed its nicely tucked into the screen.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc-gopro4chinmount1172015001_zpsa15c45fb.jpg  

Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc-images-1.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th January 2017 at 14:17.
danlalan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 18:57   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Helmet mount - left side or right side? I am confused
I'll say LHS. Main reason is the lens is towards the left. Check out royaljordanian on YouTube, he is a motovlogger and he has a video showing all possible camera locations on helmets simultaneously. You can view it and decide.

Edit :Link -

Last edited by blackwasp : 7th December 2015 at 18:59.
blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:16   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I suggest the RHS mount due to the reason you have mentioned. Can't you mount it upside down and shoot in rotate mode (or whatever it is called) so that lens comes on the right?
Yeah, was checking out the options and there is one to rotate the video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
And since it looks weird on the left and the right i have placed my sj4000 in the front center just below the lid closing. Using a curved mount + a little extra 3m here and there will securely mount the cam.
The center also helps cause when your doing high speed its nicely tucked into the screen.The center also helps cause when your doing high speed its nicely tucked into the screen.
This is probably the best place to put it! Saw some videos where guys have put it here but am not able to decide on this since the helmet - a HJC CL16 - has a curved surface with the air-inlet right in front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I'll say LHS. Main reason is the lens is towards the left. Check out royaljordanian on YouTube, he is a motovlogger and he has a video showing all possible camera locations on helmets simultaneously. You can view it and decide.
Thanks for the video! I think I have kinda decided on the RHS - since oncoming traffic can be captured and also importantly, I will have easier access to the buttons!

All in all, this confused soul finally decided to buy another set of helmet mounts to stick to the other side of the helmet too. Decisions, decisions

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th January 2017 at 14:17. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 10th December 2015, 10:16   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this article about a Dashcam/Portable Camera from Asus. Asus RecoSmart

Key Features
  • f/1.8 aperture lens, Sony sensor, wide-dynamic-range(WDR) technology.
  • The lens on the RecoSmart has a 150 degree Field of View(FOV)
  • Motion Detector- Will start recording as soon as it senses motion in front and will continue till one minute after the motion stops
  • At the time of a collision the three-axis G-sensor on the Reco Smart sets off an emergency record and lock function in order to protect video files. This can be done manually also (If one witnesses an accident)
  • Wifi enabled.
  • 32 GB Micro SD slot. 500GB of Cloud Storage.
  • Could not properly verify the price.

Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc-asusrecosmart3.jpg

Source: Motoroids
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 13:59   #216
BHPian

Hey folks,

I was going through about GoPro and I have decided to buy a Action/underwater cam. I have been wanting one for a long time. Since I am on a strict budget, I was looking at cams other than GoPro like SJ4000, SJ5000.

I came across this one manufacturer called DBPower. Their specific model DBPower EX5000 has good reviews and I am pretty much inclined to buying that. Does anyone own one of those? I have checked out YouTube and the videos and reviews look pretty decent. I am still not sure whether to choose SJ4000 over EX5000 or vice-versa.

I hope someone can throw light on EX5000. Somehow that thing has caught my fancy.

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th March 2016, 14:37   #217
Senior - BHPian

Would anyone know of a gopro repair/service center in mumbai.
Old 30th March 2016, 14:41   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Would anyone know of a gopro repair/service center in mumbai.
Call anyone of these (they'll be able to guide):

http://www.stereovision.biz/GoPro/dealers.html
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:56   #219
Senior - BHPian

After longing for a GoPro since a while, acquired myself the recently launched Hero 5. Got a carrying case and 64Gb card free from Best Buy. Will be primarily using it during my scooter rides, cycle rides and car trips.

Now starts the endless process of acquiring the mounts. After using an SJcam and it's mounts, the GoPro mounts are a revelation! Superior fit and finish and though slightly expensive, I'll prefer to buy the original mounts only.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 08:19   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

How is GoPro 4 Silver compared to the latest GoPro 5 black?

I am getting the GP 4 Silver with some accessories at a nice price.

Inputs please?
Old 9th January 2017, 18:16   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How is GoPro 4 Silver compared to the latest GoPro 5 black?

Inputs please?

I have a hero 5 and have used hero 4 silver a lot. Some disadvantages of Hero 5-
1. No provision to connect external mike except using expensive GoPro adapter.
2. Usb C. So need to carry a separate cable and keep it safe.
3. Different shaped battery than hero 4.

Now the advantages
1. Build in GPS is useful - even more so since default PC app has started to incorporate that data for on-screen infographics.
2. Waterproof without case, but if you have a charging wire connected to it, it's not waterproof.
3. Inbuilt Stabilisation helps.
4. Better Mics (debatable)
5. Slightly better processor
6. Voice command
7. Compatibility with Karma grip

My opinion - compare the costs first. With hero 4 silver you can get couple spare batteries + accessories + SD cards at the price of just the hero 5.

So far in my use, except issue of needing frequent charging - due to lack of spare batteries - I'm happy.

Also do check out hero session. If you can get hero 4 silver + hero session for the price of hero 5, get the two cameras instead. Having multiple perspectives is useful.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 01:39   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I think I have kinda decided on the RHS - since oncoming traffic can be captured and also importantly, I will have easier access to the buttons!...
Do you have any sample videos to share? Would like to see this both in daylight as well as night.
Old 11th May 2017, 17:46   #223
BHPian

I bought GoPro Session 4 recently. I have mounted it on the car's dashboard. I am loving the image stabilization. But I have 2 issues with the adhesive mount that came in the box.

1) Reaching out with my hand, flexing to get to the switch to turn the camera on. Is there a better alternative?

2) If I want to record the car's interior as opposed to capturing what's outside, I am removing the camera and its mount, turning it over and fixing it back. I want to achieve this discreetly so I can record videos of my family members discussing random topics during a long drive. How can i do this without having them notice?
Old 11th May 2017, 20:57   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post

2) If I want to record the car's interior as opposed to capturing what's outside, I am removing the camera and its mount, turning it over and fixing it back. I want to achieve this discreetly so I can record videos of my family members discussing random topics during a long drive. How can i do this without having them notice?
There is some swivel mount available that lets you twist and change the facing direction. That might be useful in your case.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 22:31   #225
BHPian

Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
I.......I have 2 issues with the adhesive mount that came in the box.

1) Reaching out with my hand, flexing to get to the switch to turn the camera on. Is there a better alternative?

Get a swivel mount. Various mounts are available on gopro /amazon.
Download the app "Capture" on your smart phone. Connect it to your camera by registering. Follow the instructions. You can then on/off the camera discreetly and also correct position of the camera. Basically you can use your phone as a remote control.
Also download "Quik" "Splice" for editing etc.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Happysmiles : 11th May 2017 at 22:32.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks