Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2018, 21:02   #226
BHPian

Re: Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

Anybody using GoPro Hero5 Black Action Camera, Black for their car. if yes, can you provide info whether the components included with the GoPro Hero5 Black is sufficient for the Car or any other components required for installing it in the car.

Here is the info as per the website for components included HERO5 Black Camera, HERO5 Black Frame, Rechargeable Battery, Curved Adhesive Mount, Flat Adhesive Mount, Mounting Buckle, USB-C Cable.
Old 26th November 2018, 11:29   #227
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for the battery replacement for my GoPro Hero Session. Any idea where I can get it in Bangalore? I checked their website and the contact numbers they have were wrong ones for Support.
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:32   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys - I got a Sony FDX3000. The image / video quality I get is very normal - I don't use 4K, but 1080. Do we need to use some software to make the question better by post processing or am I using a wrong setting??
Old 9th January 2019, 15:37   #229
Senior - BHPian

IF someone wants to get original Chesty V2 by gopro, now is a good time. Flipkart has the chesty available for Rs.680, marked down 80% from its price. I think this is a good price for an original gopro accessory.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 19:02   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guys - I got a Sony FDX3000. The image / video quality I get is very normal - I don't use 4K, but 1080. Do we need to use some software to make the question better by post processing or am I using a wrong setting??
I use an FDR X3000 and I get great video quality at 1080p. I did not do anything special for it. Do you record at 30fps or 60fps in 1080p mode?
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 00:53   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I use an FDR X3000 and I get great video quality at 1080p. I did not do anything special for it. Do you record at 30fps or 60fps in 1080p mode?
I think I used to record in 30fps but I changed to 60fps during the last trip and there is very visible difference in the quality. The former used to look like with very dull colors and latter, quite vibrant.

But, the whole recording I did this time is upside down I have no idea how it happened - had noticed this setting in the app (Play Memories) and I thought I corrected it.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 09:34   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think I used to record in 30fps but I changed to 60fps during the last trip and there is very visible difference in the quality. The former used to look like with very dull colors and latter, quite vibrant.
Yes, I operate mainly in 60fps, that allows me to slow down clips as required. I haven't really compared the two speeds but its always been great for me. I simply love the optical image stabilization in the sony action cam. It just works in most situations!

Last edited by nileshch : 10th January 2019 at 09:35.
Old 28th January 2019, 18:10   #233
BHPian

I'm looking towards purchasing an action cam for my Mountain Biking adventures. I have been researching on the available options. Seems like Go Pro would be the way to go, but I definitely do not want to pay the hefty price tag on a Go Pro and I'm looking for alternatives. I came across two interesting options that are not so expensive!

1. APEMAN 4K Action Cam 20MP

2. AKASO Action Cam V50 Pro

What do you guys think? I will mostly use them for my Donwhill MTB. I would definitely need one with good image stabilisation, but I guess I can use a Gimbal for that!

So now this just boils down to the video quality between these two options! APEMAN can do 4K at 24 fps while the AKASO does 4K at 30 fps. The AKASO costs 40$ more than the APEMAN. Is this worth the price considering the fact that AKASO V50 Pro is just better by a few fps than the APEMAN?
Old 28th January 2019, 18:23   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I'm looking towards purchasing an action cam for my Mountain Biking adventures. I have been researching on the available options. Seems like Go Pro would be the way to go, but I definitely do not want to pay the hefty price tag on a Go Pro and I'm looking for alternatives.
I bought the Hero 2018 from amazon India for less than 15k INR. There are youtube videos that will show you how to make it into a Hero 5 black. Apparently GoPro is selling Hero 5 black cams software limited as Hero 2018.

I bought my first Hero 5 black 2 years ago for ~$400 and this hero 2018 for under 15k INR. Couldn't have been happier. All features like GPS, 5k, and all resolutions work.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 18:58   #235
BHPian

Like I said, Go Pro is out of my budget! A Go Pro Hero 7 Black costs roughly 395 Euros here in Europe, while the APEMAN just costs 70 Euros. I definitely do not want to spend 5 times more for a Go Pro. Features like GPS, Live streaming, Bluetooth, HDMI are absolutely unnecessary for me!

So I have to stick with the options that I have listed out. Just wanted to know if it is worth spending that extra 40 Euros for the AKASO 4K at 30 fps against the cheaper APEMAN which does 4K at 24 fps and costs 70 Euros!
Old 29th January 2019, 09:06   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone here suggest a good third party GoPro car mount (windshield)?
Old 16th May 2019, 10:36   #237
Team-BHP Support

DJI enters the scene now. Introducing Osmo action -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 16:50   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can someone here suggest a good third party GoPro car mount (windshield)?
Me too looking for one...This is for mounting from outside right??
Old 17th August 2019, 16:56   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Me too looking for one...This is for mounting from outside right??
I ended up buying the original mount. A bit expensive but got it. Haven't tried mounting outside the car though but sticks well on glass.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4540598 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
Old 19th August 2019, 15:30   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Anybody using GoPro Hero5 Black Action Camera, Black for their car. if yes, can you provide info whether the components included with the GoPro Hero5 Black is sufficient for the Car or any other components required for installing it in the car.
You will have to buy the mounts and holders for GoPro Hero5. You can either go for GoPro orginal mounts or look for cheaper version in Aliexpress. Got all the mounts for my Helmet and car from Aliexpress only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks