Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2014, 01:14   #91
BHPian

Re: Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc

One submission

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2014 at 11:38. Reason: Removed the NDA ride video. Let's not court controversy. Thanks.
Old 19th January 2014, 01:27   #92
Team-BHP Support

I am very happy with SJ1000.
Here is a time lapse video which is actually a speed up of 30X
The quality is amazing with SJ1000!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 10:11   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am very happy with SJ1000.
Here is a time lapse video which is actually a speed up of 30X
The quality is amazing with SJ1000!
Hi tsk1979, I am evaluating the options on using the sj1000 as car DVR. Need your expert opinions on this.

1. The shape of this is somewhat different than traditional DVR . does it come with a mount .
2. How is the night time recording. Can it record number plates of cars in front with readable clarity in dark?
3. Where do you suggest I purchase it from? Any recommendations of online store?
4. Does it provide loop recording?
5. How to charge in car and on the fly?
6. What type of memory card does it use?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th January 2014 at 10:34.
Old 19th January 2014, 12:50   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi tsk1979, I am evaluating the options on using the sj1000 as car DVR. Need your expert opinions on this.

1. The shape of this is somewhat different than traditional DVR . does it come with a mount .
2. How is the night time recording. Can it record number plates of cars in front with readable clarity in dark?
3. Where do you suggest I purchase it from? Any recommendations of online store?
4. Does it provide loop recording?
5. How to charge in car and on the fly?
6. What type of memory card does it use?
1. Its different in shape. But no issues, smaller is always better. It comes with car mount, bicycle mount, wrist mount, velcro, waterproof mount. So even if you are driving underwater, you can record.
2. Yes, much better than others in this class. Of course, for super quality night vision you need a 200$+ camera.
3. dx.com is reliable. Just read the reviews. On ebay go for a seller with largest sales. Now there is a new underwater mount which is better
4. Yes, of course! 3,5,10 minute segments possible
5. Comes with micro usb charger. You can also use phone charger. Like all car cameras its power on when you switch it on.
6. Micro SD, just like the others. Put in a 32GB class 10 card.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 13:31   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1. Its different in shape. But no issues, smaller is always better. It comes with car mount, bicycle mount, wrist mount, velcro, waterproof mount. So even if you are driving underwater, you can record.
2. Yes, much better than others in this class. Of course, for super quality night vision you need a 200$+ camera.
3. dx.com is reliable. Just read the reviews. On ebay go for a seller with largest sales. Now there is a new underwater mount which is better
4. Yes, of course! 3,5,10 minute segments possible
5. Comes with micro usb charger. You can also use phone charger. Like all car cameras its power on when you switch it on.
6. Micro SD, just like the others. Put in a 32GB class 10 card.

Thanks a lot Tanveer.I have few more questions

1. Can it record when it is being charged.?
2. Does it have an indication for low charge?
3. Can the LCD screen be switched off while recording to conserve battery. If so, how long can it record on a single charge?
4. In case of loop recording of 10 mins , does it create new video sections every 10 minutes or does it just overwrite the previously written section
5. What video format/s does it record in?
6. Does it stop recording when the memory card is full? Or does is erase the oldest recording and continue ?
7. If we choose to click photos instead of a video, what is the interval of photo clicks? How many photos can be stored in a 32 GB card?
8. Is it possible to record continuously for 4-5 days(Like a home camera when we go out of station) with 32 GB card and a medium video quality?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th January 2014 at 13:40.
Old 19th January 2014, 15:12   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks a lot Tanveer.I have few more questions

1. Can it record when it is being charged.?
Of course! How else would it be a car camera
Quote:
2. Does it have an indication for low charge?
Dunno
Quote:
3. Can the LCD screen be switched off while recording to conserve battery. If so, how long can it record on a single charge?
Yes. It will do about 2 hours or so
Quote:
4. In case of loop recording of 10 mins , does it create new video sections every 10 minutes or does it just overwrite the previously written section
It will overwrite when your memory card is full. This is how loop recording works in all cameras
Quote:
5. What video format/s does it record in?
6. Does it stop recording when the memory card is full? Or does is erase the oldest recording and continue ?
MOV(H.264) 1080P.
Of course loop recording is this only. You delete your oldest recording when card is full.

7. If we choose to click photos instead of a video, what is the interval of photo clicks? How many photos can be stored in a 32 GB card?
8. Is it possible to record continuously for 4-5 days(Like a home camera when we go out of station) with 32 GB card and a medium video quality?[/quote]
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 14:26   #97
BHPian

Just got a Gopro Hero 3+ Silver edition. The manual states the requirement of Micro SD Class 10 card. Someone told me that the cards from SanDisk don't perform well on the 3+

Any other 3+ users here, which cards are you using?
Old 4th March 2014, 16:14   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Someone told me that the cards from SanDisk don't perform well on the 3+
GoPro has flip-flopped on the recommended brand of cards a few months back.

Best thing to do would be to see which cards they sell on gopro.com and pick up exactly the same make & model (and size).

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 18:10   #99
BHPian

This thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ed-review.html came up after i bought the Gopro. For buyers with a lower budget the two cameras mentioned in the thread, i.e. SJ1000 and SJ4000, seem to be good options too. I'm already thinking of buying a SJ4000 as a second action camera.
Old 4th April 2014, 17:45   #100
Team-BHP Support

This is a pretty cool device:

A motorized pan & tilt head that follows a transmitter that you can wear or mount on a moving object.

SHOP Link : http://soloshot.com/SHOP_Landing-Page

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 17:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Gembird Dashcam-005 in my car. The camera records in HD, and has G-Sensor and motion sensor. Has battery back up for about 30 minutes. Here are couple of videos from it.

A narrow escape from hitting a stupid biker: (recorded at 720p)

A test video: (Recorded at 1080p)

clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 13:45   #102
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Snapdeal has come up with a cheaper GoPro alternative called the Click Pro. There are 2 models - Oculus Plus Sports and Oculus Wifi Sports. A Google search on this company or the products did not give any leads other than the Oculus Rift!

Here are the 2 products:

Name:  Click Pro range.PNG
Views: 821
Size:  69.4 KB

Here is the comparison sheet from Snapdeal:

Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc-comparo.png

Just a headsup in case someone's looking for a cheaper alternative.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 14:05   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
A motorized pan & tilt head that follows a transmitter that you can wear or mount on a moving object.
This just got taken to the next level!!

The same auto-following technology, but this time ON A DRONE that also flys itself!

AirDog:

And another one, Hexo:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-aerial-camera

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 16:22   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Had some fun shooting with the contour last week during The Winch Challenge 2014.

Helmet / Car Cameras : GoPro, Contour, etc-img_4851.jpg

This was shot using the contour: ( i liked the underwater shot the best)

Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 18:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

GoPro Hero Camera

I wanted to start a separate thread for GoPro Hero cameras simply because its not a regular video camera nor its anything else regular. I didn't want queries around GoPro to get lost in the digital camera or anywhere else hence this new thread. If mods would like to append this to a suitable thread elsewhere then please do.

I doubt whether there's anybody here who doesn't know about GoPro cameras but just in case you don't, please visit their website - www.gopro.com

Its basically a must-have if you like to shoot videos of whatever adventure you indulge into and would not want the shooting to require a dedicated hand or effort. Its dust, water & shock proof and has all sorts of mounts for you to get the perfect shoot or the perfect shot (w.r.t. the angle at least).

I want to buy it simply because I can't spend too much energy telling my grandkids what all their grandparents did while they were young, I'd rather let them watch it for themselves.

So I decided to buy a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition but as it turns out, its priced at $529 on their India website against $399 on the US website.

Since my parents are in US for the next 2 months I thought why not ask them to bring this camera here. But the dilemma is what all mounts do I ask them to get.

There's something like an almost complete kit - http://www.amazon.com/Camera-CHDHX-3...ords=hero+3%2B but I'm not certain whether its missing on any critical mounts or other stuff which is more useful than other accessories that I might never end up using.

My requirements are -
1. I should be able to use it extensively underwater and in heavy rain/snow.
2. Should be able to mount it on my chest, hand and head.
3. Should be able to mount it on my car (both outside and inside)
4. Spare batteries, definitely!

So the dilemma is do I ask them to get a kit like the one I mentioned above. I can order it from here and have it delivered to my sister's place.
Or
Do I ask them to buy the cam & accessories separately.

Any other must-have accessories that I missed? Oh and I'm not sure whether buying it from there is a good idea in case something goes wrong with the camera, is their international warranty?
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks