Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 12:50   #1
BHPian

HELP! Recliner Sofa mod for Tata Safari

In past few months, I have started to consider cosmetic and luxury mods for our trusted Tata Safari.

This would include changes to the interior, carpeting, dashboard and seating.

Before anyone jumps the gun, this is not a DC makeover. No bling-bling or seedy mood-lighting. Just plain simple interior mods to clear imperfections from TML. Moreover, this exercise will be a test of mod skill so nothing too extensive.

I have decided on changing/modifying panels that have crater-ish gaps, cover cheap looking plastics.

One more thing that I have in mind is the seating... Everyone knows that Safari has one of the best seats in market today but they are strictly for 5 person (the child seats...well less said the better!). I actually wouldn't mind bringing it further down to 4 for limousine comfort. Further, Front seats are mounted on flimsy bars and channels and shake horrendously if not occupied by a passenger.

As for rear seats, they are great as it is but our vehicle is used hardly for transportation of goods per say. so little mods would not hurt, would it?

So here is what i need in terms of help from ever-so-knowledgable members of the forum:

1. Replacement seats or mechanism which would contain the shake-a-boo from front seats.

2. Is electric recliner sofa suggested for rear passenger? we are fine with 2 people seating in rear.

3. Any contact who manufacture customer recliners for cars.

4. Good Designs for Dashboard design modification.

5. Panoramic sun/moon roof, Anyone ?

Thanks!
Old 31st December 2010, 12:59   #2
BHPian

Re: HELP! Recliner Sofa mod for Tata Safari

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2010 at 16:20.
Otomobil is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st January 2011, 18:31   #3
BHPian

I remember discussing with AMG which does conversions similar to DC and they told me that it is not possible to modify Safari as its floor is very uneven and cannot be modified like the innova can be modified. However since you are planning to switch to bucket or pilot seats from bench seats probably its possible.

If you convert to recliners or bucket seats or pilot seats please post the pics and address of the person who can do it so that others interested can do the same.
Old 2nd January 2011, 03:09   #4
KMT
BHPian

If you have access to a good leather worker you can really improve the interiors. Get the dashboard, roofs and doors covered in hand-stiched leather, it will cover cheap plastic and gaps and look really good and be low on the headache factor.
Changing a dashboard design is much harder than it seems unless you manage a transplant from an imported vehicle (though this will throw up wiring probs).

As for seats, you should be able to change front seat mountings, for the back remember the further back you move the rear seat the more it will bounce up and down ( like the last seat in a bus). The other important thing to remember is seatbelt mountings, if you move the seats way beyond the C pillar, the rear passengers will not be able to belt up properly.

Interested to see the end results.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Changing a dashboard design is much harder than it seems unless you manage a transplant from an imported vehicle (though this will throw up wiring probs).
I would be interested to know imported vehicle dashboards similar in size to Safari. Wiring should be sorted, I hope. Any suggestions???

Also, how can I source one in India...
Old 5th January 2011, 00:07   #6
BHPian

A dashboard redesign is not really so difficult, time consuming but not so difficult, use the same controls but just make a new dash and console, this way you keep the originality of the electric system and functionality attached to the dash
Old 5th May 2014, 16:17   #7
BHPian

Hi All,

Opening a rather old thread. Yes its a given that Safari seats are indeed designed for comfort and long distance ride. I'm looking at possibilities of replacing the driver and passenger seats on my 2010 Safari with electrically adjustable seats. Could one find a suitable seat in the used market ? I'm not looking at spending huge $$$ on seat upgrade, but was pondering on the idea.

Has anyone in the forum done such a thing ? Not specifically on a Safari or SUV in general but any car for that matter. I want to know if it is doable - what additional wiring, the mounting points etc. If so, what would be the best place to hunt for such uses seats ? any cost estimate would also help.

Regards
Bugs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks