Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 18:12   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Yeah I understand that most of the 12V car vacu are useless with minimal power, but I hope i can use a brush to loosen up dust from carpet and then these would be useful to suck it out. Removing dust and some large particles by dragging them out with the help of a cloth might scratch the door sil.

Any good brand suggestions for those 12V vacs?
i was looking for one myself and saw one at "home town". Dont know if there is a home town store in Pune. but you can keep a look out for it next time you are in one.
as a concept it didnt suit my purpose, that of something that can suck in dust without too much conditioning on my part.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:40   #32
BHPian

Restarting the thread again
Folks any idea of good car vacuum cleaner which can be procured from India and can use cigarette lighter for power supply
I need it urgently as my kid throws every thing in the car
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

You can buy a black and dekker for aprox 2500 Rs , As you are in Bangalore you can get it at Sowbhagya stores in Koramangla 6th Block.
There is one cheaper 60W Inalsa with out much attachements for 900 Rs in Spar Hyper mart I saw but it look suseless to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Restarting the thread again
Folks any idea of good car vacuum cleaner which can be procured from India and can use cigarette lighter for power supply
I need it urgently as my kid throws every thing in the car
Old 6th August 2009, 14:34   #34
glenn

I know im triggering a old thread , but im desperatley looking for a car vaccum cleaner does it makes sense to go for a normal vaccum cleaner which can we used at home or should I go for a car vaccum cleaner , please someone advice

Old 6th August 2009, 15:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have a Black & Decker car-vac which I got from the US more than a decade back. It works as good as new and cleans the car well. Only grouse is that I dont have any attachments.

If you guys are looking for car-vac's pick up the above mentioned piece.

It is available with attachments at Staples and IIRC it is around 2k-2.5k (with all attachments). Worth every ruppee.

Edit:

@Glenn - if your home vac is not very bulky and you have a power outlet in your parking area then use the home unit. Car vac's dont have as much suction power as home units. But they are small and handy and can be powered out of your ciggie lighter unit.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th August 2009 at 15:21.
Old 7th August 2009, 09:55   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
I know im triggering a old thread , but im desperatley looking for a car vaccum cleaner does it makes sense to go for a normal vaccum cleaner which can we used at home or should I go for a car vaccum cleaner , please someone advice
Buy a handy home vacuum cleaner and use it for the car. Don't waste money on separate one !
Old 9th August 2009, 20:56   #37
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Buy a handy home vacuum cleaner and use it for the car. Don't waste money on separate one !
+1 to this. I've realised that a home vaccum cleaner does a far better job when it comes to cleaning the cabin, upholstery and carpets. The motor is very powerfull (~1000 watts) and the suction is so much better that it does a thorough job. They also come with many attachments that you can use to get into all the nooks and corners.

glenn, you are better off buying a home vaccum cleaner. A good brand should cost ~Rs. 4,500 - 5,000 and you can have multiple uses for it apart from just using it for the car. It is a worthwhile investment.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:05   #38
BHPian

So, going further, in case one buys a handy home vacuum cleaner and plugs into a 12V DC to 220V AC converter that's plugged into the cigarette lighter socket of the car, will it work as efficiently as it would have if it was plugged into a wall based socket?

EDIT: Uh oh, just re-read the point above that the vacuum cleaner motor would be 1000 Watts. In which case, I don't think an average DC-AC converter which is rated for 150 W would be able to cope. Sorry for the stupidity!

Last edited by sidkun : 22nd September 2009 at 16:09.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Posting on this thread after long time.
I purchased a car vaccume from Korea with lots of attachements many years back which my dad uses and wanted one more but could not find the same model so picked up another of much inferior quality ( no attachments just a long nozzle) from Korea which worked out to be around 400 Rs this is china made and is similar to what we see in our supermarkets here for about 800Rs and works perfectly for intended job.
Picks Sand , Dust , Food particles etc easily while on travel.

So now I can suggest that cheap car vac is not a waste of money the use case is different. Home vacuum cleaner is definitely more powerful but you can not lug it around in boot to outstation trip and even if you do so , Hotel guys may find request to let you use the wall socket little odd.

@sidkun : There is one handy home vac of 60W ( Inalsa brand) also but then converter from 12VDC to 220V AC is not cheap and you can buy 2 dedicated car vac in same money.

Last edited by amitk26 : 22nd September 2009 at 16:18.
Old 7th November 2009, 19:12   #40

I saw a vacuum cleaner at hypercity, malad yesterday. It was worth 1999/-. They claimed it can be used to Fill in air in the tyres too. It also had a meter to check tyre pressure.

I was tempted to buy it. Will upload a review and pics incase I buy it

Last edited by mental4vray : 7th November 2009 at 19:20.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:54   #41
BHPian

Re: Car Vacuum Cleaner

Hi,
Did some search on this thread and gave up the idea of buying 12v vacuum cleaner. Finally bought a handy multi purpose vacuum cleaner from Eurekha Forbes 800W for Rs.1990/- in Pai Electronics Bangalore. It does a very nice job. Would recommend. Needed to buy few meters of extension cable as the 4.5mts inbuilt cable was not enough.
Thanks,
SANSI
Old 13th December 2010, 20:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

^^sansi, can you post any reviews about the product? I am also contemplatng buying one for myself to clean out the dirt & dust on the floor carpet & it's all the more important for me now as my 2 amplifiers are installed underneath the front seats. Please share your experience soon & whether or not the suction is good.

Also, did you get any sort of attachments along with this product & what's the warrant being offered?

Drive safe.
Old 14th December 2010, 09:40   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Croma sells a small handyvac for the car at about 1490 Rs.
For an extra Rs100 you get a Croma Warranty as well.