Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2005, 23:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Dear Bro...
Lemme throw some lite into the situation so u can understand the birds view.Like a brainstorming session.. No offense...

If performance is the requirement, I wud recommend mods on the engine rather than an engine swap.
The whole platform is different since the car(Daewoo) and the engine(Suzuki) is from a differnet brand.
Its not as easy as it sounds... Modifying the engine mount points and rest of the headache. U neva know, the engine might not fit into the chassis or the bay and might conflict with the Steering box... All kinda research shud be done to work on this.

Sounds okay!!! but think about this. Working late nite to find out whether the engine is gonna fit and lookin into all the possible issues and outcome to finalise that it was a total waste of time coz its not gonna give u the end result which was desired. Its not how u think it can be done, its all about doing it and claiming it can be done... So please dont hurry, coz someone(mechanic) thinks he can do it... Yes there is always the first person who takes the trouble of find if it is possible. But are u ready to bust you car with a test... U know that if this fails u will spoil ur car and its resale value...

Lets look at some performance mods on the car, since its a world car... It wont cost as much as the swap and u will get decent power from it.

Dont forget, like zen its a car built for basic use and to include a small engine. Changing the engine to a heavier and powerful one means reworking the suspension and brakes to have the driving stability and stopping power. (In case u want to swap for an esteem engine)

I am not tryin to prove that its not possible. I am reasoning whether its worth the trouble...

Also I totally agree that Matiz is much more stronger car than Zen.

Regards
Your brother
Neo

Point well acknowledged general_neo. Wow that was some advice and I think I'll be better for me to mod my stock engine.
But If I do get a good deal on a Zen engine then I might go ahead with the engine swap just for the fun of it.
Suppose I sell my Matiz now....... I guess the best price i'll get for It will be round Rs.80,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. So I don't think I'll sell it for that much cause now I'm quite attached to it.

Thanks again for the advice.
Old 28th December 2005, 23:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtea
Point well acknowledged general_neo. Wow that was some advice and I think I'll be better for me to mod my stock engine.
But If I do get a good deal on a Zen engine then I might go ahead with the engine swap just for the fun of it.
Suppose I sell my Matiz now....... I guess the best price i'll get for It will be round Rs.80,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. So I don't think I'll sell it for that much cause now I'm quite attached to it.

Thanks again for the advice.

I wud call it a suggestion or recommendation.... Never an advice...
Well i can understand your attachment with ur car....
Dont sell it... buy another one...
Buy a bigger car and use matiz for day to day or basic use.. if that fits into ur family requirement.
If u have a second car... plus u have time, money and heart to modd the car... u can do it, coz u dont have to worry about losing ur only mode of transport...
Old 29th December 2005, 00:18   #18
BHPian

Wrong choice of words there I guess. Thanks for the Reply Neo.

I'm gonna snoop around the forum looking for threads that can help me out with performance mods.
I'll try Psycho I think V1p3r recomended him to me. I'll try to catch him as soon as he comes online.
Old 29th December 2005, 00:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'll try Psycho I think V1p3r recomended him to me. I'll try to catch him as soon as he comes online.
Oh NO! Not another NOS kit for me to carry!
Old 29th December 2005, 06:26   #20
BHPian

What do you mean Steeroid? I don't get you.
Old 29th December 2005, 07:55   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Oh NO! Not another NOS kit for me to carry!
haha.. Dont worry steeroid ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 29th December 2005 at 07:56.
Old 29th December 2005, 09:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
If Iim not mistaken, the Matiz uses atleast the same engine, if not drivetrain and suspension, as the M800/Alto. Can any owner clarify? This would mean that costs of spares are not going anywhere in a hurry. And if you're really looking at being economical, stay away from the power game!!!
Matiz uses 3 cylinder M tech engine from what is written in manual (If anybody wants will confirm it in evening)

for fitting any engine other than 3 cylinder is going to be seriously difficult as there is very little space available
also if you put a heavier engine than whats available it would make Matiz very nose heavy

Better bet would be to fit cold air intake, work on exhaust and fit a turbo charger (if there is enough space)
Old 30th December 2005, 11:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well here are my views:

I am personally not very much in for the engine swap but looking at the matiz I think the WMatiz sounds more plausible as the wagon r engine is quite compact and should fit in, however the entire tranny (gearbox, driveshats) too will have to be taken from the wagon r. This will require you to update your wiring harness and ECU to the one from the Wagon R, you would also need to reshape your firewall and mounts.

Alternatively modding a matiz is another decent option but will not be as powerful as a modded wmatiz, turbo's are out of question as sourcing such a small turbo itself is gonna be a nightmare and the smallest Indian ones will not spool till about 3500 rpm and produce a decent boost only beyond 5000. Unless you get a custom hybrid turbo.

Best approach: port / polish the head, increase compression, good headers and free flow, performance filter & synthetic oil could keep you happy for a while to come.

Crazy approach: find a totalled wagon r, scavenge and do all the above mods and install into the matiz. Yes it will mean a lotta work but would defn lead to a lotta satisfaction (Dont increase compression if you plan for a turbo)
Old 30th December 2005, 13:23   #24
BHPian

Psycho thank you so much.
I'll start with the alternate mods and if I'm not satisfied with the performance then I'll start scavenging round for A totalled wagon R.

Oh! so I see you r from Bangalore, I was planning to buy the performance parts from Ozzone enterprise (n1engineering). Have you checked them out.
How are the products sold by them?
Old 13th January 2006, 12:59   #25
BHPian

Hey Psycho, The best approach u gave sounds interesting. Can throw some more light on that...I own a 2000 Dec Matiz SG. Instead of modifying the engine (Wmatiz), I can think of following your best approach. Are there good people who can do this...also cost is a factor to be considered before disturbing defaults..

Cheers!!!
Old 13th January 2006, 13:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

if zen engine can be fitted then esteem engine can also be fitted ..but i dont think its worth the effort ...instead buy something else
Old 28th January 2006, 21:20   #27
BHPian

So instead of the engine swap, maybe I can get a turbo charger?????

Can anyone help me with turbo charging my Matiz.
What modifications will be required to the engine so that it will run smoothly with a turbo charger???
Old 28th January 2006, 22:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
So instead of the engine swap, maybe I can get a turbo charger?????

Can anyone help me with turbo charging my Matiz.
What modifications will be required to the engine so that it will run smoothly with a turbo charger???
Dude, The Matiz engine is an F8C, the old 800 which i have is an F8B, the only difference between the two engnes is that the matiz engine is Fuel injected and 5-speed whereas mine is carbureted and is 4-speed.

I got a helluva lotta help from the land down under, Australia!!!........ they beez some crazy car people down there!!!! Especially where the F8B/F8C/G10A series Suzuki engines are concerned............

Check Tamon.org

TAMON stands for The Australian Mightyboy Owners Network

The mightyboy in australia is the indian 1985 Suzuki 800 with a loading tray in the back making it a small ute!!! Also it actually has a 660cc engine, but most of the people have plonked in the F8B, 800cc 4-speed!!!!

Check it out!!
Old 28th January 2006, 22:52   #29
BHPian

The Daihastu Charade turbo is the turbo that will bolt on with a little modification, Also the Garret GT12 is a turbo for under 1000cc engines!!!

Check this link..... http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ochargers.html

Last edited by Edmund : 28th January 2006 at 23:04.
Old 29th January 2006, 00:37   #30
BHPian

Wow Edmond thank you so much for your help. :-).

Now I can really get cracking at Turbo charging my Car hehehehehe.
Thanks again.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks