Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 22:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Made a car out of scrap

Great work Tejas.
No wonder you caught up with Sulky (in the other thread-same wavelength converged)
Hope to see you on a similar trip someday.
Keep going.
Old 28th May 2011, 00:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphanse View Post
Tejas,
No Flattery, seriously good effort and persistence. Would love to catch up with you someday.
regards
salil
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Great work Tejas.
No wonder you caught up with Sulky (in the other thread-same wavelength converged)
Hope to see you on a similar trip someday.
Keep going.
Thanks for the wishes. We'll surely catch up. Just let me know whenever you are free. Would love to go on a trip like Teun, that would be cool.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 12:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, loved to see the car in all its glory the other day of the meet.
Trust me, you must have reached home and we guys were still going ga-ga over the beast. Like we mentioned that day, get a roll cage, a floor and better tyres. Keep the car naked. Do not go for a body. It looks good like that.

Also, as jealousdiamond suggested, get in touch with him to sort out the registration issues.
I would love to see the car in more detail, preferably in day time, and also be able to ride it.
Good luck mate!
Old 31st May 2011, 16:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
registering it under R&D / Test model (via your collage). That is the route used by car companies to road-test models prior to certification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
sort out the registration issues.
Exactly , it should be possible to register this as a R&D vehicle with proper documents from the college (doubt if they would help by any means ) . Should be easy if it can be done through some suburbs RTO the likes of Sholapur / Kolhapur and adjoining places etc ( the only thing that would be required is the exact chasis of the auto whose engine has been used to cross reference the details ) but I still doubt if a R&D vehicle having number plates is still street legal (off the test tracks ) and least to say this would need lot of Vitamin 'M'
Old 1st June 2011, 00:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Tejas, loved to see the car in all its glory the other day of the meet.
Trust me, you must have reached home and we guys were still going ga-ga over the beast. Like we mentioned that day, get a roll cage, a floor and better tyres. Keep the car naked. Do not go for a body. It looks good like that.

Also, as jealousdiamond suggested, get in touch with him to sort out the registration issues.
I would love to see the car in more detail, preferably in day time, and also be able to ride it.
Good luck mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Exactly , it should be possible to register this as a R&D vehicle with proper documents from the college (doubt if they would help by any means ) . Should be easy if it can be done through some suburbs RTO the likes of Sholapur / Kolhapur and adjoining places etc ( the only thing that would be required is the exact chasis of the auto whose engine has been used to cross reference the details ) but I still doubt if a R&D vehicle having number plates is still street legal (off the test tracks ) and least to say this would need lot of Vitamin 'M'
I have inquired about registration or even getting a valid permission to drive it around but I have never got a positive response. It seems I will need to enquire with people who are more into this stuff. Does any one know such people?
I am planning to organise something like a demo of the car for all BHPians. Please give me your inputs about the idea.
Old 1st June 2011, 00:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
I have inquired about registration or even getting a valid permission to drive it around but I have never got a positive response. It seems I will need to enquire with people who are more into this stuff. Does any one know such people?
I am planning to organise something like a demo of the car for all BHPians. Please give me your inputs about the idea.
Boy understand the point here , haven't you seen those stupid large mini bus kinda vehicles (Shaadi Band) with 1000 Watts loaded in the front built on Jeeps . What makes you think are they registered as Buses / Jeeps . Well the key here is that they are initially registered as Jeeps and then custom built . Similar should be considered in your case , provided you have used the Auto Engine of a legally resgitered Auto (expired registration still would be valid ) the only problem I forsee is your custom chasis to have the chasis number of the Auto . We can discuss @ length when we meet . Rural areas is the best place for all this stuff .

Demo , sounds cool ,
Old 1st June 2011, 00:39   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Boy understand the point here , haven't you seen those stupid large mini bus kinda vehicles (Shaadi Band) with 1000 Watts loaded in the front built on Jeeps . What makes you think are they registered as Buses / Jeeps . Well the key here is that they are initially registered as Jeeps and then custom built . Similar should be considered in your case , provided you have used the Auto Engine of a legally resgitered Auto (expired registration still would be valid ) the only problem I forsee is your custom chasis to have the chasis number of the Auto . We can discuss @ length when we meet . Rural areas is the best place for all this stuff .

Demo , sounds cool ,
The guy who scrapped the 4stroke engine may still be driving the same rickshaw with a 2 stroke engine fitted in. So we cannot use the chassis no. Thats a problem. Even if the entire rick has been scrapped, the last owner has to be traced, the papers (if he still posses them) have to be transfered in my name, the public transport registration has to be converted to private transport at RTO. For this, again the entire rick should be shown to these guys in one piece which doesn't exist. And even if we somehow manage all this, it would be a pain, and investment of lot of vitamin M and valuable calories.
Old 1st June 2011, 01:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tejas!

You have done something which many dream of and even keep talking about but hardly anyone will have the courage , knowledge and the knowhow to do it in Flesh.

Yes there have been many projects which have been similar, but the best part is you are still upgrading the same constantly.
You can start a consultancy for people dreaming to make such projects.Howzatt?

One thing which comes to my mind looking instantly is this vehicle seems to be long!
Please dont get me wrong , i am not a Automobile/mechanical engineer to share the below thought, but its a thought which came to my mind on looking at your project.

Seating arrangement on the top of engine making it almost a squarish vehicle could have possibly reduced the weight but u will then have to work on making it stable since it will be top heavy!

I always am curious to know, how much would a 3 wheeled version of existing bikes ( 100cc / 125cc ) with a soft top canopy cost.

Why havent manufacturers tried something like that yet, it will be a solution to rains and slightly safer than bike, easier for women and elderly people.

Last edited by silverado : 1st June 2011 at 01:11. Reason: spelling mistake and addition of a line
Old 1st June 2011, 07:52   #69
BHPian

Hey Tejas,

Lovely car yaar! The time & effort gone into it is simply phenomenal. I would suggest to keep it as it is, only get seat-belts & some kind of roll bar which clears your head at the rear (like in a convertable), and some lights. That is ALL you need at the moment. Congrats mate!
Old 1st June 2011, 08:53   #70
BHPian

Very nice work Tejas.Really impressive.Its always a different feeling when you see your creation come to life.
The other day at the meet, I realised about your car pretty late and then I saw you go in it.Would love to see her once more.
Keep up the good work and best of luck for all the mods/additions planned for the future.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:16   #71
Team-BHP Support

Very well done Tejas. More than the output of such builds, it is the effort that matters and you seem to have spared none. Good job with whatever resources you managed. All the best.
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:23   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Demo , sounds cool ,
May be I can invest on the mods, and perfecting the machine rather than spending on RTO approval. It seems to be a pain not worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Hi Tejas!

You have done something which many dream of and even keep talking about but hardly anyone will have the courage , knowledge and the knowhow to do it in Flesh.

Yes there have been many projects which have been similar, but the best part is you are still upgrading the same constantly.
You can start a consultancy for people dreaming to make such projects.Howzatt?

One thing which comes to my mind looking instantly is this vehicle seems to be long!
Please dont get me wrong , i am not a Automobile/mechanical engineer to share the below thought, but its a thought which came to my mind on looking at your project.

Seating arrangement on the top of engine making it almost a squarish vehicle could have possibly reduced the weight but u will then have to work on making it stable since it will be top heavy!

I always am curious to know, how much would a 3 wheeled version of existing bikes ( 100cc / 125cc ) with a soft top canopy cost.

Why havent manufacturers tried something like that yet, it will be a solution to rains and slightly safer than bike, easier for women and elderly people.
Hi Silverado..
First of all, Thanks for your wishes. You are right about the length being too long but I had to do that to accomodate the batteries in the front since the car was slated to be a hybrid vehicle. Also the weight of the batteries in the front end would help in balancing off the car.
A good looking three wheeled versions of the bikes we used wouldn't cost much and will definitely fit in the pockets if a common man. Such vehicles are already being used abroad in countries like Europe, Germany etc. But their potential is not yet recognised by the Indian market, or may be no one wants to experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Hey Tejas,
Lovely car yaar! The time & effort gone into it is simply phenomenal. I would suggest to keep it as it is, only get seat-belts & some kind of roll bar which clears your head at the rear (like in a convertable), and some lights. That is ALL you need at the moment. Congrats mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Very nice work Tejas.Really impressive.Its always a different feeling when you see your creation come to life.
The other day at the meet, I realised about your car pretty late and then I saw you go in it.Would love to see her once more.
Keep up the good work and best of luck for all the mods/additions planned for the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Very well done Tejas. More than the output of such builds, it is the effort that matters and you seem to have spared none. Good job with whatever resources you managed. All the best.
Thank you Guys. I have made up my mind to keep the car as naked as possible. Not only this looks awesome, but also it helps me demonstrate the basics of a car to all my interested friends.
I am also chalking out a Demo for T-BHP. Will need to do a few repairs before that.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:57   #73
BHPian

Two good names have passed my mind.
1. 12NV (one to envy)
2. Uneek

I'll be soon working on the car and want her to have a funky look. So the name should be funky too.
Old 10th August 2011, 12:23   #74
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, both sound good. With the first one - change it to 1toNV. 12NV sounds like (TwelveNV). Just a suggestion. Even the second name is good.

So, any updates on the ride so far? If you have, please post pictures.
All the best.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:01   #75

Nice Job
I Understand the financial problems that stopped you from completing the Hybrid car, but did you approach any one to sponsor your project or help you in its completetion, if not, do try that.
Can you elaborate on the course that you are currently doing the advanced diploma, it sounds interesting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks