Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 16:15   #61
BHPian

Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If all the stars line up, then definitely yes. They dont make em like the B16 anymore.
Im sure it will all happen in time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
K is the new B _
yea, but im surprised why the frank motors arent picking up out here.
Old 14th February 2011, 16:20   #62
BHPian

crv motor with a k20 head ........
Old 12th March 2011, 10:58   #63
BHPian

hey where can we source a K20 head in India?
Old 16th March 2011, 01:24   #64
BHPian

The older CRV's came with a K20 and so did the older Accords. I am pretty sure you can get one from there .

Honestly I really want to see a CRV motor in a city, you might need to space out the bonnet a little bit to make the head fit or you could just cut holes out and get ITB's and let them stick out. That would definately be a 1st in India.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th April 2011 at 18:24. Reason: Merged posts. Please use edit option for posting within 30mins. Thanks.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

I was initially planning a K series type-r motor in my civic, but the costs compared to the B series are very high, in the budget I would finish the K series build, I would have had another car with a B series engine fully build, so decided to go with that.

The Haltech ECU is here but unfortunately the water pump blew so waiting for that to arrive along with the new clutch, once that's in place rebuilding the engine will start. I drove the car for a week before the water pump blew and the torque plus the way this thing picks up revs is awesome!!!
Old 22nd March 2011, 02:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Pics of the Haltech ECU with the maze of wiring
Attached Thumbnails
My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011032100424.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011032100428.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011032100430.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2011, 12:46   #67
BHPian

A B16 is not a bolt on. You require 3 mounts to be fabricated (Unless! you get Hassport adapter mounts) and a lot more of small changes! If you are using the stock B16 gearbox then you need to make changes for that as well.

Apart from that, you need to check a lot of other stuff!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Bolt-on pretty much. Just the rear torque mount location needs some fabrication work from what I know.
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
A B16 is not a bolt on. You require 3 mounts to be fabricated (Unless! you get Hassport adapter mounts) and a lot more of small changes! If you are using the stock B16 gearbox then you need to make changes for that as well.

Cheers
Shrey
Does it involve putting in different pistons for each cylinder and double head gaskets?

I think I know what the swap involves. It is a lot less difficult that what it is made out to be by some tuners. Unless you start mixing and matching parts like engine mounts, ECUs and other peripherals to save on a few thousand Rupees. When you buy an engine (A B16 in this case) from a good seller, you get almost all parts (except mounts obviously) that are needed for a complete swap, which is what you seem to think has to be checked seperately.

Last edited by pranavt : 22nd March 2011 at 13:06.
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post

Cheers
Shrey
Rightly said Shrey, Its not a direct bolt-on, you need to fabricate 3 custom mounts as you right said. I am using the B16 gearbox which also needs a lot of changes, the gearbox was set apart a lot of corrections and stuff, still waiting for my clutch to arrive
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

B16 gets the Haltech ECU, the Civic gets the TEIN coilovers !! It seems like both the Hondas are competing with each other !! While you are at it why not get your Civic a little turbo as well.

Each morning you will face a "tough decision" - which of the two do I drive today !! What a tough situation to be in !!

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2011, 01:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
B16 gets the Haltech ECU, the Civic gets the TEIN coilovers !! It seems like both the Hondas are competing with each other !! While you are at it why not get your Civic a little turbo as well.

Each morning you will face a "tough decision" - which of the two do I drive today !! What a tough situation to be in !!

Cheers
I would love to make that decision every morning. Cant wait for the City to get tuned up and start showing its true potential. Civic will also get its dose of Power boost. Will take things slow, dont want to rush this up.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:52   #72
BHPian

@ Pranav!!

I fail to comprehend what you are to trying to say in your post below!

Please read m4ugr8's reply to my post and I hope you will have your answer.

Quote:
Does it involve putting in different pistons for each cylinder and double head gaskets?

I think I know what the swap involves. It is a lot less difficult that what it is made out to be by some tuners. Unless you start mixing and matching parts like engine mounts, ECUs and other peripherals to save on a few thousand Rupees. When you buy an engine (A B16 in this case) from a good seller, you get almost all parts (except mounts obviously) that are needed for a complete swap, which is what you seem to think has to be checked seperately.

@m4ugr8: What clutch are you planning to use? As in which stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Rightly said Shrey, Its not a direct bolt-on, you need to fabricate 3 custom mounts as you right said. I am using the B16 gearbox which also needs a lot of changes, the gearbox was set apart a lot of corrections and stuff, still waiting for my clutch to arrive

Cheers
Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 24th March 2011 at 13:53.
Old 16th April 2011, 23:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Finally some update, The Water pump FINALLY arrived a day back. The Brake kit is now fitted on the car, need to buy new rims for this car as the earlier MOMO rims are now serving my Swift.

Waiting for phil to come back so we can start wiring the ECU and get the car back on the road.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 16th April 2011 at 23:38.
Old 17th April 2011, 11:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

The Haltech had not been set up before the water pump blew ? Anyway now the pump is here so I guess the ECU will be set up once the pump is in & the engine running.. right ?

What rims are you getting this time ?? You must sure be a SAI MAG "special customer" Do post pics once you get them on the car

Cheers
Old 17th April 2011, 12:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The Haltech had not been set up before the water pump blew ? Anyway now the pump is here so I guess the ECU will be set up once the pump is in & the engine running.. right ?

What rims are you getting this time ?? You must sure be a SAI MAG "special customer" Do post pics once you get them on the car

Cheers
No, The pump blew before the ECU came, Yes once the pump is installed ECU will be wired. Rims have not decided yet. Will post pictures for sure once they are on the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks