Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 00:54   #16

Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

I just realized, the last full fleged build to a Honda City was Jiggys car!! That was almost two years ago!! DAMN!!! The Mod section has slowed down or people dont want to share!!

Either way, coming back, One word of advice dad always gives to every person with a modded car: DO NOT GET WHEELS WITH 8 MOUNTING HOLES. Your stock rims are 15s too right??? Why dont you continue using those?? Will add to your Sleeper Image.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I just realized, the last full fleged build to a Honda City was Jiggys car!! That was almost two years ago!! DAMN!!! The Mod section has slowed down or people dont want to share!!

Either way, coming back, One word of advice dad always gives to every person with a modded car: DO NOT GET WHEELS WITH 8 MOUNTING HOLES. Your stock rims are 15s too right??? Why dont you continue using those?? Will add to your Sleeper Image.
Stockers are 14".

Congrats on the build Manan. Some engine bay pics please?
Old 25th January 2011, 10:50   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the build.

How much did you pay for neova tyres?
Here in bangalore its very difficult to source one.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

All Neovas still left in India are old ones manufactured in 2008. Nothing newer has been imported to India as the new law about tyres needing an "ISI" mark came into effect. They're still probably good for the money you pay, but be informed that they are, at a minimum, 2 years old.
Old 27th January 2011, 00:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice project! What are you doing with the original engine?

Are you able to get good B16s with low kms?
Original engine goes in a Hatch with a turbo on it . Yes Phil was kind enough to source one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I am hooked. Nice thread and I love anything to do with Petrol mods and about time this year, that a fresh build has come up. Was getting a bit bored actually

Do share a breakup of the cost. What did the suspension setup amount to.
Thanks, Cost break up I will put once I am done sharing all parts. For parts enquiry kindly contact phil directly. Mail on info@speedsport.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

People dont want to share, I am sure there are loads of builds running. Piont noted, since I had these rims with me, installed on my swift earlier, transferred it. Once the project is complete I shall change them to a 4 Hole configuration. Stock rims are 14". I can put the current i-VTEC rims though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Stockers are 14".

Congrats on the build Manan. Some engine bay pics please?
Thanks, in due course, I am waiting for the little stuff to get sorted, I shall upload pics then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Congrats on the build.

How much did you pay for neova tyres?
Here in bangalore its very difficult to source one.
Thanks, I paid 7000 a piece, Like Pranav rightly said company does not have any stock not even the 08 manufactured ones, I am lucky to pick the last set up. But I know of a 205/55/15 set lieing with a dealer here in Delhi. I will check on the manufacturing on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
All Neovas still left in India are old ones manufactured in 2008. Nothing newer has been imported to India as the new law about tyres needing an "ISI" mark came into effect. They're still probably good for the money you pay, but be informed that they are, at a minimum, 2 years old.
rightly said, even new S-Drives are difficult to source, ISI mark means all of yokos shipment is stuck.
Old 27th January 2011, 00:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Brakes

Pictures speak for themselves. Front Big Brake kit from Wilwood, Rear disc brake converstion.
Attached Thumbnails
My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07247.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07250.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07254.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07258.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07262.jpg  

My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07272.jpg  

Old 27th January 2011, 10:46   #22
BHPian

im glued to this one.!
All the very best on the build!!
what did your ride clock with NOS?
Old 27th January 2011, 11:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post

I know, Post NOS the engine was stripped and we sprayed NOS.
@M4UGR8 like this?

I have a close watch on this project as my dear friend and his mad tuner are creating a new bar for performance scene in delhi, for years we have talked about swaps and doable thing but no one had the guts to do it. For the first time ever all this is happening in delhi and those who know already have their eyes on this setup and its the talk of the town.

Even after all the discouragement he got from people around him, raising questions about how will the project go, the engine wont fit, No one is capable of doing this project in delhi or a sheer waste of money, send the car to Bangalore, mumbai bla bla. Call him stupid or courageous but he is walking down an Aisl that no one here has gone thru before. The parts being used in the car are brand names that we had only heard of and only top notch. Its a pleasure to watch!

Kudos. Waiting for more

Last edited by Zappo : 28th January 2011 at 00:19. Reason: edited out a few minor spelling corrections and usage of a questionable slang.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:01   #24
BHPian

@m4ugr8
This is an awesome job!

So, what's the 0-100 time you were doing in this rocket... I mean, with just the NOS & Suspension upgrade? It's surprising how even the Non V-tech packs so much punch!
Old 27th January 2011, 14:54   #25
BHPian

Those pics of Wilwood, Rear disc brake kit look awesome. Like a hot pizza on pan .

Please update us on the 0-100 time clocked.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:07   #26
BHPian

Awesome project.
lovely write-up.

keep doing such detailed write-ups and you'll have a lot of fans here on TBHP
Old 27th January 2011, 16:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats again on the upgrade manan.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:40   #28
BHPian

Such an activity is what dreams are made up for most auto enthusiasts like me. Way to go Manan! I shall wait everyday to read on your latest developments. And thanks Tbhp for creating such a platform for sharing dreams. While most of us wouldn't dare do things that our hearts want (for various obvious reasons), some of you do and we involve ourselves in its happening with joy because you are kind enough to share. Thank you once again.

Champion
Old 27th January 2011, 18:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
@M4UGR8 like this?
YouTube - VID 20101129 00000

I have a close watch on this project as my dear friend and his mad tuner are creating a new bar for performance scene in delhi, for years we have talked about swaps and doable thing but no one had the balls to do it. For the first time ever all this is happening in delhi and those who know already have their eyes on this setup and its the talk of the town.

Even after all the discouragement he got from people around him, Raising questions about how will the project go, the engine wont fit, No one is capable of doing this project in delhi or a sheer waste of money, send the car to Bangalore, mumbai bla bla. Call him stupid or courageous but he is walking down an Aile that no one here has gone thru before. The parts being used in the car are brand names that we had only heard of and only top notch. Its a pleasure to watch!

Kudos. Waiting for more

I like the way the thread is going what I DO NOT LIKE IS WASTAGE OF NOS !! Come on you could have used it in the 800 & shot a video of it beating an M3 or something

Ab Dilli door nahin !! Next thing you know Phil is singing "Bachnaa aae Ha****** lo mein aa gaya !!

Cheers
Old 28th January 2011, 00:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is crazy stuff . I am glued on. Very Interesting thread. Wish you luck mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks