Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 11:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

@ RICKY : Thank You Thank You, well I won't complain for the delay, infact there is nothing to blame Phil here, the main time was the water pump, thanks to our country's brilliant postal services, the part had to be ordered twice before it came.

Driving experience???'well why don't we meet up and you can experience it yourself, let me know when you are at speedsport next.

@kutlee : Thanks, engine is rated 170 BHP stock, add some gain from headers/intake and a tuned map on Haltech.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:35   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
@ RICKY : Thank You Thank You, well I won't complain for the delay, infact there is nothing to blame Phil here, the main time was the water pump, thanks to our country's brilliant postal services, the part had to be ordered twice before it came.

Driving experience???'well why don't we meet up and you can experience it yourself, let me know when you are at speedsport next.

@kutlee : Thanks, engine is rated 170 BHP stock, add some gain from headers/intake and a tuned map on Haltech.

Arre bhai I am not blaming "anyone" pardon me if I sounded like I was..end of the day if you are with your car & the way it runs who am I to say anything ? If you are at 170 stock I think I need to bump up my Swift sometime soon (funds permitting) @ 150 I may pose a reasonable friendly challenge

But then you have Wilwoods et al. I think I should be good with my setup & stay happy..which I am !!!!!!

Cheerio
Old 26th June 2011, 16:57   #108

Its been so long since we have seen a PROPER build on teambhp. Your car was a refreshing change!! I have a friend with an integra with the same engine who went over the entire thread a few mins ago and he was mighty impressed.

Big question: What Next!!
Old 26th June 2011, 17:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43
Its been so long since we have seen a PROPER build on teambhp. Your car was a refreshing change!! I have a friend with an integra with the same engine who went over the entire thread a few mins ago and he was mighty impressed.

Big question: What Next!!
Thank You, up next is a complete rebuild with Forged Internals. I have everything with me cams/pistons/rods etc. Like I said this is only the beginning !!

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 26th June 2011 at 17:20.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:16   #110

Quote:
Thank You, up next is a complete rebuild with Forged Internals. I have everything with me cams/pistons/rods etc. Like I said this is only the beginning !!
I like the CAMS bit. Piper I presume??
Old 27th June 2011, 15:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Wow manan,the car looks awesome and must be driving awesome too.
Some pictures please.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mr. B16

I just had the ride of my life in the flying machine you choose to call the humble Honda City Vtech !! Getting into the car was the only thing I would say was tough with my poor sour vertebrae !! Bill on it's way for my Physiotherapist !

Kindly post some more pictures of the engine setup. Some well meaning people on the forum were VERY skeptical of a B 16 transplant being done here in Saddi Dilli. So another feather in Speedsport's Cap..the rate at which you guys are going you shall soon be shopping for hats as caps may not suffice. !!

Great Going Manan & Great-er going Phil

Cheersss

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 27th June 2011 at 19:06.
Old 27th June 2011, 20:00   #113
BHPian

glad you like it Mr. Syal .
Old 27th June 2011, 20:06   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
glad you like it Mr. Syal .

To be quite honest I still like my Swift better atleast one can sit comfortably in it !!! LOL

Oh wow man I had heard of BUT not seen or driven a B 16 in a City...I think you did great - PROVIDED of course the owner likes it just as much.

Why go forged right away ?? The engine seems to have a lot left in it yet. Is Manan thinking TURBO anytime soon ??

Cheerio
Old 27th June 2011, 20:10   #115
BHPian

plan is to build a 10sec car . so what ever it takes..
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:46   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Dear Mr. B16

Kindly post some more pictures of the engine setup. Some well meaning people on the forum were VERY skeptical of a B 16 transplant being done here in Saddi Dilli. So another feather in Speedsport's Cap..the rate at which you guys are going you shall soon be shopping for hats as caps may not suffice. !!

Great Going Manan & Great-er going Phil

Cheersss
Rightly said, The car is an absolute mindboggling sensation in its stock form, I had always heard about it, B16 this, B16 that but now seeing it live and knowing its potential it seems money well spent. And of-course for the fact how the car is prepared at speed-sport. People talk about swaps, Remaps, Turbo's its only when you actually see it is when you get to know what it takes. It took a man who knew so much sleepless nights figuring out some issues but finally speed-sport delivered and boy it was worth the wait.

8K REDLINE has been set and future plans are to take it to 9k and other mods are on the list. The car is crazy as it is. 3rd gear redlines and you are crossing 160km/h with ease. The suspension the brakes the tyres are such an important part of the package it just hugs the road and sticks to the line at corners at speeds triple digit speeds. No other ways will this car stay on the road. Its so easy to drive in traffic apart from the heavy clutch thats soon to be replaced as well. Even this car doesn't feel as if something has changed until the VTEC kicks and the BMC air-filter shouts out warning you about the mayhem coming soon. When the guys with bigger cars come along side with the LOOK.The understated car puts these cars to shame. Now Waiting for the racetrack so that the real game will begin.

This is not a car, Its an experience. Cheero guys.
Old 7th July 2011, 23:10   #117
BHPian

thank you for the appreciation..

update on car :
- putting new exhaust system to free some more ponies
- rear disc brake being fabricated
- high flow intake manifold with direct port injection nitrous oxide
- graphite clutch set
- oil cooler

this is stage 2 .

keep you guys post .. pics coming soon
Old 9th July 2011, 14:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

A friend who took a ride yesterday says the car is even better than before... The new exhaust has done wonders. Everytime the car goes to phill comes back with a little more "TWEAKING" "

I hope I can find time today to go pick up the car.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

The new Exhaust has done wonders, The top End has become so much stronger. It pulls even stronger post VTEC till the redline at 8250 RPM. Desprately waiting for the new clutch now so that I can time this car. The clutch on the car is almost on its last stages of life.

New goodies installed

1. Autometer SportComp Memory 5" Tacho with Shift Light
2. Autometer SportComp Oil Pressure Gauge
3. Greddy Turbo Timer
4. Sparco Drilled Pedals
5. Filter changed to BMC DIA cold air intake.
6. Remus Dual tip Titanium Exhaust (temp install from the Civic, New Endcan also pending for this car )
Old 13th July 2011, 15:06   #120
BHPian

Quote:
The new Exhaust has done wonders, The top End has become so much stronger. It pulls even stronger post VTEC till the redline at 8250 RPM. Desprately waiting for the new clutch now so that I can time this car. The clutch on the car is almost on its last stages of life.

New goodies installed

1. Autometer SportComp Memory 5" Tacho with Shift Light
2. Autometer SportComp Oil Pressure Gauge
3. Greddy Turbo Timer
4. Sparco Drilled Pedals
5. Filter changed to BMC DIA cold air intake.
6. Remus Dual tip Titanium Exhaust (temp install from the Civic, New Endcan also pending for this car )
thats great manan, i stupid question, will the tacho fitted in your HC will work along with External tacho ?

Most Viewed