Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 19:25   #1
BHPian

Fiesta alloys for figo

Hi All,

This might look a bit odd for once, "obsessedbyfiat" owns a Figo!! But destiny has it all!

Anyways, coming to the question I wanted to ask all you gurus: -

1. Can Fiesta alloys, original once which come from Ford be fitted to a Figo with the stock tyre size?
2. What are the things that need to be considered while thinking of upgrading to Alloys for Figo specifically? (I know this might have been answered already somewhere on the forums... any link to that forum would also help)

Apart from these two things, i also wanted to ask a couple of other things: -
(No sure, if these fit in here)

1. There are a variety of car polish available in the market, want to know which one gives best results in the long run with minimum efforts? Have used the Wax pol and it needs really strong arms to get the glossy finish.
2. What is recommended to retain the black color of the tires? mine hold up a lot of dirt.. :(
3. Which car shampoo is best for cleaning purpose? right now I use the regular hair shampoo which kind of gives a good result with nice fragrance!

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2011, 20:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiesta alloys for figo

should do unless they are fiesta S alloys which I think are 15" ( which you still should be able to use with low profile tyres)

i think you should be looking for 14" 108 PCD rims
1. waxpol has a gentler one, else I use formula wax, all cos offer it
2. its futile unless your car is supposed to be on display
3. formula again, or hand wash for the interiors
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:38   #3
BHPian

@greenhorn :- Thank you for your inputs!

The Fiesta Alloys which I have are not Fiesta S onces, so I think that should fit in.

My plan for this weekend is all set! Wheel upgrade + Car polish + a small DIY to add the USB cable! Hurrrrraaaayyy!!
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:19   #4
BHPian

Goahead with fiesta alloys change to your figo as one of our friend is running figo on Fiesta alloys and 195/60/14 advan neova tyres.

Important point to note is never change alloys/tyres on anything of your figo out side FORD showroom or you will lose your warrenty. Thats what is told to my figo friend.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:13   #5
BHPian

@brraj: Thank you for reminding me about the warranty issue. Will speak to my dealer before I make any changes. Will take a small detour today from office and will speak to him. I feel, since I am going to use the Ford supplied alloys, it should not void the warranty. Anyways, its better to be safe than sorry!

Cheers!
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I feel, since I am going to use the Ford supplied alloys, it should not void the warranty.
Its not just alloys, any mod it has to be done by them. You dont believe we have taken neova tyre to FORD showroom to get it fixed by them else his warrery would have been gone by now.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:33   #7
BHPian

@brraj : point taken, Ford Alloys + get it done by Ford themselves (includes anything else that I want to get done). Now I think, should I try that DIY of USB. Spending 1.5K on that USB cable does not sound justified to me somehow. But on the other hand I would not want to play around with the warranty as well.. :-(
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hi All,

1. There are a variety of car polish available in the market, want to know which one gives best results in the long run with minimum efforts? Have used the Wax pol and it needs really strong arms to get the glossy finish.
2. What is recommended to retain the black color of the tires? mine hold up a lot of dirt.. :(
3. Which car shampoo is best for cleaning purpose? right now I use the regular hair shampoo which kind of gives a good result with nice fragrance!

Cheers!
1. The waxpol one is wax and not polish.Even though the box says polish,actually its caranuba wax.Use sonax polish since thats easily available in india.You will get it in shell petrol pumps,supermarkets.If you have reliance autozone in pune you can check out there too.

2. You can use cyclo tire spray or armour all spray or gel.you will get them at the places mentioned above

3. Dont use hair shampoo.Use dedicated auto shampoo like sonax,turtle wax etc.sonax is available at shell pumps

EDIT:Since you have a 3M detailing center at pune ,you will get meguiars waxes and other products which you require there.pay them a visit

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 2nd February 2011 at 16:42.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:32   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion in this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks