Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:21   #31
BHPian

Re: My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too

I have upgraded the suspensions to the Tein basic model yesterday. Also have added the Ultra racing racing braces and bars.
With both these loaded the drive has better control on high speeds and the comfort levels have increases a lot.
Note: Pics have been posted on my main thread.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:00   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
With both these loaded the drive has better control on high speeds and the comfort levels have increases a lot.
How did the handling and ride quality, both, improve? Does your new suspension have variable damping (a la Koni FSDs)? Those are really the only after-market dampers I've seen with acceptable ride quality.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How did the handling and ride quality, both, improve? Does your new suspension have variable damping (a la Koni FSDs)? Those are really the only after-market dampers I've seen with acceptable ride quality.
The model I have upgraded is the Tien basic, this comes with set adjustments specific to swift indian conditions. Tein also has the variable damping model which is the super street with or without the in cabin EDFC controller units.

In comparison to the the stock dampers and springs and the stock with pedders springs which I had tested earlier the feel and the comfort with the Tien change over I am very pleased with how well sorted out this suspension is especially factoring in how new Tein is to the indian road conditions. They definitely have done their homework to get the spring/shock rates going right. My impression is based on my two days city and airport driving bumps are firm and not sharp like the stock. I kept expecting each bump and edge in the road to be a hard hit yet it soaked everything up as it should so the overall compliance is extremely good.

In terms of handling capacity, or increase in it, it is simply amazing the increase in speed that is capable through corner but so far the car has endless cornering capacity with a much more neutral feel. Body roll is barely noticable if at all through most corners.

Overall I am very pleased with this suspension with the two odd days I have been on it. Value for money.
Old 30th June 2011, 07:54   #34
BHPian

My turbocharged swifty to be featured in "auto car " magazine. Feels great to have this recognition after 4 years.
Cheers and thanks to all my fellow Bhpians who has been the inspiration to keep this passion alive.
Sportsmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 17:37   #35
BHPian

Sweeeet. How does she do in a 0-100 sprint?
Old 11th August 2011, 16:19   #36
BHPian

Had a great performance shoot for Auto Car at Nandi Hills. Amazing shoot and my love clocked a 0-100 in 10.3 secs .
Will be published in the Auto car Sep (Anniversary edition).
Sportsmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 01:09   #37
BHPian

Great neat build! Very good job by the tuner and even better finish overall!

What is the stock Swift 0-100? 10.3 seems a bit less for a 100+ bhp light small hatchback. My Cedia @115bhp does it in under 10, and so does the Accord @143 with a looot more heft to carry around.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:51   #38
BHPian

Swifty featured in Auto Car- Sep 2011

Sep edition of Auto Car Mag feature on modified swifts features my swifty along side the 1.6 Baleno engine red devil. Enjoyed doing this feature. Waiting for more action and more coverages....
Attached Thumbnails
My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too-car-image-1.jpg  

My TURBO-Charged Swift Petrol! And a dyno graph too-car-image-2-.jpg  

Sportsmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 18:59   #39
BHPian

Sweeeet!! Congrats Sportsmind.

Just those pics? Now that the AutoCar edition is out, You could post all of them right

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 7th September 2011 at 19:01.
Old 7th September 2011, 20:44   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

. Congrats for your car appearing in Autocar. Your ride looks a million bucks....and also goes like it
Old 7th September 2011, 21:24   #41
BHPian

That is one sweet ride you got there! How did you end up with a Mangalore reg car? Are you from mlore?
Old 7th September 2011, 22:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
That is one sweet ride you got there! How did you end up with a Mangalore reg car? Are you from mlore?
Hey thanks. It is a pre owned car which originated from M'lore. Most of the initial mods were done by overdrive Mlore.
Sportsmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 23:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sportsmind!!
You have a wonderful ride mate. Just saw this video of your Swift, which you took .

and I was blown with what all you have done.
Wonderful mate!! Hats off!!
How did you manage to get those ORVM blinkers and the equaliser display on the rear windscreen?
I wouldn't have even thought about it. !!!!
Old 8th September 2011, 02:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As Akshay has indicated it is a turbo timer and the purpose is to protect the turbo. Currently it is set to 30 seconds.
Actually in a turbo set up the turbo keeps spooling for a while, even after you stop, to avoid damage to the turbo, a turbo timer is installed which keeps the engine running in idle till the time it has been set up to, in this case 30 seconds, by counting backwards upto the desired time set.. So noneffective if you remove the keys and shut the engine off, the engine will keep on idling for 30 seconds. You must remember to leave your car in neutral for that after the time lapses, the engine just switches off automatically, my car is set at 10 seconds and one can change the settings to one's wish.

Quote:
The entire FFE was created by Red rooster. It is a GT20 turbo and 7.6 Psi.
7.6 psi on stock internals? I would not consider running the boost more than 5 or max6 psi. 7.6psi seems very brave to me.

Quote:
I have been asking this question for sometime. I guess I will have to work on the compression to get this moving upwards. Is 7.6 not good enough for a 1.3L stock engine with stock internals? Well its got me thinking again.
By upwards do you mean higher compression? That does not work in a Turbo set up. In the turbo set up the compression required would be less. No head shaving else you will hear knocking and before you realize, its not knocking for want of higher octane, your pistons (stock or otherwise) will be toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
@sportsmind-105bhp as in at the wheels?!?!?!. In a swift? As far as I know, my father's stock swift D produces around 55Bhp at the wheels! Ok, you and I need to be friends [and friends gives rides to there buddies all the time, dont they.].
It is very possible to get alarming amounts of bhp squeezed out of a swift engine by capable tuners and some tinkering at the right places. Almost all turbo Swifts i have seen, dynoed, have reached between the 101-106 bhp mark, except one wild one

Quote:
Thanks buddy. If you are looking at a tuner like Red rooster working on your set up. You should be prepared for a good 2.5 odd lakhs to get the entire set up.
Absolutely right. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Of course it depends on how much you want to spend. with my limited knowledge and experience in this, i will also try to spell out the costs of a similar project as i think 2.5is a bit steep but as you said, if you want peace of mind.......!!

Quote:
You can have this done on stages.
Stage1- wherein you have your headers/FFE and CAI- Prepare for nothin less than-40K on this.
You FFE should not cost more than 18K, complete with custom headers with heat wrap. The CAI could vary between another10-15k. total 28K. 40K is way too much.

Quote:
Stage2- Your clutch and turbo with ECU uprgrade- Prepare for nothing less than-1.5 lakhs on this.
Clutch -Exceedy stage two/three - 25k max
ECU - 28-35k
T20 turbo should not cost 100ks

I think it could be done within 1.0 lacs

Quote:
Stage3- Your suspensions upgrade- Close to 60K for the basic street stuff.
These costs are for the branded tuner like RRR and the expertise of Mr. Leela and his boys going into your install and upgrade.
You could get this done with other tuners for less than 2 lakhs.
Yes you could and one does pay a premium for a brand name. For a rally car, id do anything and get Leela on the job.

Trust me, with a stabilizer bar up front and back you are sorted. It does take time to get used to the turbo boost and handling of the car. The you could upgrade the suspension if you feel like. At this point, I would invest in 2-4 pot discs for the front and rear for that money(or marginally less). Probably Willwood 2 pot for the rear and four pot for the front. The car needs to stop more efficiently after the turbo set up.

No doubt Leela and his expertise is second to none but sorry for being frank here but IMHO i think its a bit too much for a turbo set up of a Swift.

If your oil temp is not rising steadily every time you boost and your water temp remains constant and your car steadily idles between 800-900 rpm, you have a great job done on your car.

Could you tell us what is the AFR of your car and what fuel you are using. Also what inter-cooler are you using? What rpm does your turbo start spooling?

If you like the traffic getaways then you should set it to spool around 2800-3000 rpm and if you want to get the thrust later on, then 3800 -4200 should be it. In the latter you will be able to enjoy regular traffic driving without the annoying boost every now and then. This is of course a personal choice.

Enjoy your car and do post a driving review.
V-16 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks